Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bit_Joe

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:57:43 PM

Gox are allowing people to log in and check balances so with out kicking off another shit storm could we get ken to show some proof of the balance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:11:10 PM

Gox are allowing people to log in and check balances so with out kicking off another shit storm could we get ken to show some proof of the balance.

You don't really think he's going to do that do you?

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:16:39 PM

It's not a custom chip.  We know it's not.  He canceled the production of all custom chips.  He would have told you it's custom if it was.  And it doesn't matter if the power usage is high or low or none at all.  You don't have access to your shares, and the chips aren't mining anything.  I know it's fun to speculate but having him tell you this stuff is distracting from the real issue which is getting access to our shares. 

Hi Ken,

I've just read the article which has revealed some interesting developments.

I've got a couple of questions that I'd ask you to consider answering when you have time;

Has the 55nm chip been dropped because you have no choice in the matter?

It was the right decision base on all of the facts.

You mentioned the 'March good news' recently.  Is it related to the schedule for the 28nm full custom and when will you share this news?

It is related to a 28nm full custom chip.  As soon as I can.  Still working on some of the details.

Ken while you are on and answering concerned shareholders questions.

Can you tell us about the 28nm chip. Will it actually become a product/ what are the dates?

We are continuing to work with our vendors on our 28nm project.

are we using 28nm chips in our boards?

Would love to know the answer if you are able to say Smiley

Yes, we are using 28nm chips in our new boards.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
tempestb

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:34:52 PM

You're cherry picking the wrong parts.  Ken was working with eASIC to make a 28nm custom chip.  Supposedly sank about 1 million into this.  It was canceled.

There is no custom 28nm custom chip.

What Ken has is a custom board with someone else's 28nm chip. 

We'll find out soon enough anyway, he's going to sell these things right?  So you'll see the chip and have all your answers but still not your shares.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:40:27 PM

Better yet, let us log in for a day so we can check for ourselves. Grin

Stranger things have happened.  (No.)
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:50:52 PM

You're cherry picking the wrong parts.  Ken was working with eASIC to make a 28nm custom chip.  Supposedly sank about 1 million into this.  It was canceled.

Weekly Update 2/19/2014

We have started with a new vendor for our 28nm project.  Our custom 28nm will be very competitive in the market place and will be air cooled and use a double slot.  The estimate speed of the new card will be 432 GH/s and will be listed at $1499.00.

Management is preparing for the MSD investigation, management believes that the MSD will clear VMC of any wrong acts in Missouri as VMC has offered ActiveMining shares.  Management believes that the company can be successful in the long run.  The management team is committed to seeing this through.

ActiveMining-PR Staff

did we lose the eASIC "MILLION DOLLAR" NRE?

We are expecting to recover most of the eASIC NRE.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
tempestb

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:58:39 PM

He got a "partial" refund from eASIC that was likely spent to build these boards.  He hasn't said otherwise.  He did say that AMC has about 1400 coins left and pointed to the wallet.  A 28nm chip in a full production run is going to run several million dollars.  There's not enough money for it.  It's probably why it was canceled.  Ken was likely anticipating that the value of Bitcoin would continue to rise or at least stabalize around $1,000 but since it slumped and hasn't recovered it wasn't possible with the existing funds.

We found out about the canceled 55nm project (Which supposedly had a production run of chips ordered and refunds canceled as they readied for shipping, according to Ken) via a news reporter. 

So it's very likely that Ken got the eASIC partial refund and put it into these custom boards that they are currently working on.  Either way, there would not have been enough money to make a custom chip and even if you believed there would have been, there would not have been time to go from the eASIC refund to a brand new 28nm chip.

It's someone else's chip on his boards.  That's all it is.

struma

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:57:37 PM

Say what you want but until we get our shares, everything else is bs.  Wink
tempestb

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:42:16 PM

Say what you want but until we get our shares, everything else is bs.  Wink

Exactly.  That's what I've been saying...

WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 09:20:53 PM by WildFire.ca

I would like to see that my self. One quick little screen shot that would take less then 5 min to make would help restore shareholders faith and get people off Ken's back a bit.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:23:39 PM

Nobody knows how much was recovered from eASIC, nobody knows what's going on with the shares, nobody knows what chips are you using to mine. What's going on?

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:41:58 AM

^the fact is that if its someone else's chip, the costs of production will be much higher then with a custom actm chip.  We are talking about $1/5GH on a custom wafer and packaging (with upfront R&D that the IPO apparently funded?)  verses $1/1GH if buying someone else's chips

Thing is, difficulty is projected to go up at  rate of about 250% every 2 months, in 4 months that's 500%, if the new chip takes 4 months from tapeout to hashing, then may as well have paid 5x as much to have it right now.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
bitmoon

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:43:04 AM

maybe the new chip is from the new vendor that ken knows.

wait can't he say simply "from the new vendor"
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:01:29 AM

Absolutely not. Ken is for certain using other peoples chips.

However, if he is using our boards and has a 28 soon on the way then I believe this is a good decision (Of course assuming he gets 200TH online very soon).

Things that could make this the end:

- We are not even using our own boards. This would show we actually have zero intellectual property and no ability to run our own chips when they come.
- We don't have our own 28 on the horizon. If Ken has lied and there is no production of a custom chip, then we're inevitably doomed.
- We buy 200TH and it arrives in 3 months. Would have been better to simply liquidize the company.

I am hoping these things are not going to be the case. Ken could already inspire a little confidence by telling us that the boards are our own and we are not too far from having our full custom arrive preferably after we get the 200TH of competitors chips online.
bitmoon

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:39:23 AM

Absolutely not. Ken is for certain using other peoples chips.

However, if he is using our boards and has a 28 soon on the way then I believe this is a good decision (Of course assuming he gets 200TH online very soon).

Things that could make this the end:

- We are not even using our own boards. This would show we actually have zero intellectual property and no ability to run our own chips when they come.
- We don't have our own 28 on the horizon. If Ken has lied and there is no production of a custom chip, then we're inevitably doomed.
- We buy 200TH and it arrives in 3 months. Would have been better to simply liquidize the company.

I am hoping these things are not going to be the case. Ken could already inspire a little confidence by telling us that the boards are our own and we are not too far from having our full custom arrive preferably after we get the 200TH of competitors chips online.

i see your concern, but oh well, if its not the new vendor chips, i still care about shares then the chips, i'am like ok/satisfied with the Th/s he will deliver.

to ken
again about shares Smiley , you seems sticking on with CC which might take age's , plus at release properly will have bug, and then more problem on your plate, if shares or btc gets lost.

just go havelock or CT, i think lawyer finished up with MSD, as i read from your previous post, correct?
make half half, those who want HL/CT and those want CC.

currently i see nothing holding up shares, when are you starting the process?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

^the fact is that if its someone else's chip, the costs of production will be much higher then with a custom actm chip.  We are talking about $1/5GH on a custom wafer and packaging (with upfront R&D that the IPO apparently funded?)  verses $1/1GH if buying someone else's chips

Thing is, difficulty is projected to go up at  rate of about 250% every 2 months, in 4 months that's 500%, if the new chip takes 4 months from tapeout to hashing, then may as well have paid 5x as much to have it right now.

I was referring to the chips in the current prototype and upcoming 200GH. If they are not actm then its not looking good - may as well buy shares in a cloudhashing like ce.io or the 500TH mine since thats all you would be getting. The custom design and fabrication is the only way to make actm significant success.

also, your math is a bit off. Difficulty is going up about 55%/month, or in 5 months almost 10x what it is today

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
ar9

Activity: 352

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:22:19 AM

Any approximation to the value of each ActiveMining share?

Just wondering.
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:28:56 AM

If we could only get our hands on US Patent #US8650327 we'd all be as rich as Rothchilds.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:23:03 AM

If we could only get our hands on US Patent #US8650327 we'd all be as rich as Rothchilds.

Isn't this like saying "If we had Satoshi's million bitcoins, we'd be rich?"

The patent has no relevance to Bitcoin mining, it's primary focus is Input/Ouput logic.

In addition; this makes little to no sense:

If we could only get our hands on US Patent #US8650327

The Chinese regularly ignore US patent law and I don't see ASICMINER as rich as the Rothchilds.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:25:30 AM

Any approximation to the value of each ActiveMining share?

Just wondering.

I currently value a share at 0.00015 btc.

I know that a million shares are ready to sell around the 0.0001 - 0.0002 mark as soon as we trade.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: