Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:29:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:10:58 PM

They don't have jurisdiction to do anything to you if you don't live in Missouri.  They aren't a Federal agency, so even if you live in New Mexico, they can't do anything to you.  They can, however, force Ken to refund you regardless of where you live because the business operates in Missouri.

It's also not illegal to invest in what you thought was a legitimate security.  There is no law that I can find that says it's illegal to purchase an unregistered security.  It's not even illegal to sell them but you are only allowed to sell them to accredited investors.  (Folks with a high net worth.  Or shares of stock pre-IPO to employees, etc.)   

Generally, unless a judge blocks it, court cases brought by the State are public.  Your information will become part of the public record.  And that means whatever information you provide will be shared with the court and eventually with the public (If it was submitted to the court).  Or in some cases it can be gained through a freedom-of-information request or other court order.  So don't provide information that you don't want the world to know about you.  Otherwise, I believe you'll be perfectly fine contacting the MSD.  They are trying to protect you from having made a bad investment.  They are not going to waste money investigating you for buying Alpaca socks with Bitcoin and not paying taxes on it. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:07:05 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 09:11:38 PM by Bargraphics

Well put tempestb

I'm going through my Bitfunder logs and I believe I've found what Ken has paid per share thus far in Dividends for "ActiveMining" and "AMC".

0.00005793 BTC per Share from the start of the "ActiveMining" IPO.

0.00000397 BTC per Share from the start of the "AMC" IPO

Total Per Share: 0.00006190 BTC

Edit: Sent in that filled out questionnaire to Shawn.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:55:15 PM

I've given Shawn Hagerty all the above informations in a phone conversation.

Seems a likable guy and for all intents and purposes, the MSD is working to get our money back… even if it ends up being a mere fraction.
Jasun7211

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:42:28 PM

Wasn't thr ipo on btc-tc

Idk why the state said it was on bitfunder....typical government employees...lulz.   1000 freakin satoshis...again.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
knybe

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:04:04 AM

Wasn't thr ipo on btc-tc

Idk why the state said it was on bitfunder....typical government employees...lulz.   1000 freakin satoshis...again.

the original .0005 IPO was on BitFunder.

the second mess on btc-tc is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252531.0;topicseen
Rodyland

Activity: 499

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:26:41 AM

At least he is active on Crypto Trade -

Was online there yesterday.

Buying shares for 1/10 of the reimbursement amount?

Maybe transferring the shares of those of us still waiting?

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
hazryder

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 07:12:44 AM

I just bought this shares witht he same mind as buying loto tickets, never risked serious money. I was just curious, as i.e. I didn't knew you could resource to the MSD as a foreigner. As I said, it was more of an hypotethical question.

I understand, if you do contact the MSD please let us know what they say for a foreigner.

Thanks!

Shawn got back to me with the following list of questions, so really they'e just trying to collect information about Ken for their case, with the aim of returning money to the investors:

Quote from: Shawn Hagerty
We would like to know more about your investment with Ken Slaughter and Active Mining Corporation(“AMC”).
If you could provide the following information it  would be greatly appreciated:

-          Date shares were purchased

-          How and where were the shares were purchased –

-          What convinced you to buy  shares in AMC

-          Who provided information to you regarding the investment

-          What evidence of purchase do you have, documents, etc.

-          Did  you review any offering materials before purchasing shares

-          Are you an accredited investor

-          Any additional information you can supply regarding what you were led to believe about Ken Slaughter, AMC or the investment, including any untrue statements

-          Your contact information, address, phone, etc.

Unfortunately, since many of my shares were purchased from other investors via Bitfunder, I doubt I have a leg to stand on in regards to claiming any money back.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:48:58 AM

So is Ken still working or is this a case of pack up the shit and wait for my lawsuits.
hazryder

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:52:09 AM

So is Ken still working or is this a case of pack up the shit and wait for my lawsuits.

Ken's pretty much gone, get in touch with the MSD and hopefully we can try and salvage some of our investment funds.
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:22:26 AM

Unfortunately, since many of my shares were purchased from other investors via Bitfunder, I doubt I have a leg to stand on in regards to claiming any money back.

I don't believe it will matter who you purchased the shares from. It doesn't make sense for them to only say "IPO" purchasers as everyone was conned by Ken's deceitful tactics. Also I explained to Shawn that there's basically no way to verify who purchased from IPO and that Ken would likely make it extremely hard for any verification to be done. At any rate Shawn didn't EXACTLY say one way or another what would happen but he did say that the MSD is going to try to get money back for anyone that was affected by Ken.
hazryder

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:54:32 PM

I don't believe it will matter who you purchased the shares from. It doesn't make sense for them to only say "IPO" purchasers as everyone was conned by Ken's deceitful tactics. Also I explained to Shawn that there's basically no way to verify who purchased from IPO and that Ken would likely make it extremely hard for any verification to be done. At any rate Shawn didn't EXACTLY say one way or another what would happen but he did say that the MSD is going to try to get money back for anyone that was affected by Ken.

That's a relief then, I got back to Shawn with my full purchase history and gave him a brief overview of my interactions with Ken. I also attached that zip file containing all of Ken's posts since 2010 so they have a full history of his many claims of delays and other shenanigans.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:48:11 PM

This morning, I just forwarded all the emails between Ken Slaughter and myself from even before I bought shares.
It is a collection of emails which have all the promises (lies) Ken Slaughter told me.
Now, the investigators in Missouri will have them.

Ken, do you or your lawyer read this?  Be an honorable man and liquidate ActM, distribute the mining proceeds you have on Eligius, sell the assets and distribute all that. That is the honorable thing to do.

To everyone else, if you have any emails from Ken, any records of communication with him, please share it with the investigators in Missouri.

Write to scott.johnson@sos.mo.gov and share with him your story, date of investment, total amount of bitcoin invested, number of shares owned, the name of the company, any copies of emails or IRC or PMs with Ken, and a narrative of what you were told about the investment.

Lorenzo Money

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
neilol-real

Activity: 142

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:23:46 PM

This morning, I just forwarded all the emails between Ken Slaughter and myself from even before I bought shares.
It is a collection of emails which have all the promises (lies) Ken Slaughter told me.
Now, the investigators in Missouri will have them.

Ken, do you or your lawyer read this?  Be an honorable man and liquidate ActM, distribute the mining proceeds you have on Eligius, sell the assets and distribute all that. That is the honorable thing to do.

To everyone else, if you have any emails from Ken, any records of communication with him, please share it with the investigators in Missouri.

Write to scott.johnson@sos.mo.gov and share with him your story, date of investment, total amount of bitcoin invested, number of shares owned, the name of the company, any copies of emails or IRC or PMs with Ken, and a narrative of what you were told about the investment.

Lorenzo Money

It's too bad it's come to this - all could have been avoided if Ken was just more honest and upfront about what was going on. I'll likely be doing the same over the next few weeks. As we see how the MSD action starts to shape

PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:23:31 PM

It's too bad it's come to this - all could have been avoided if Ken was just more honest and upfront about what was going on. I'll likely be doing the same over the next few weeks. As we see how the MSD action starts to shape

Let's face it, Ken is a scammer who deliberately chose this path in life and we are the idiots who believed his fairy-tales of creating the world's biggest mining company, 40 million in profits in 2014 and what have you. We are his victims, the subjects that provide the revenue in his business model. Blinded by greed we gave our money to someone who can't distinguish "their" from "there", someone who lied over and over again to manipulate us.

In this sense, requesting Ken to do the honorable thing, or the notion that none of this would have happened if Ken was more honest, is merely laughable.

None of us will get any money from Ken, unless he is forced to do so.

knybe

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:37:29 PM

god damn this makes me wanna wretch:

This is very important to us.  This is our moto: "If You Make Your Customers Successful, You Will Be Successful".  Now that being said we have no control over the difficulty, so we are working on R & D to make our machines run faster.  Now, here is our promise to our customers, if at anytime before we ship the machine to our customer and the machine will not return a positive ROI within the first year, we will at their option refund 100% of the purchase price of the machine.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:34:53 PM

So how can you prove that it was a scam, and not just a failed business? He is right that the difficulty shot up higher than anyone expected.
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:38:56 PM

So how can you prove that it was a scam, and not just a failed business? He is right that the difficulty shot up higher than anyone expected.

Well we can look at what the US Government sees it as

Secretary of State Jason Kander today halted Springfield resident Kenneth Slaughter’s Bitcoin-based investment scheme that used deceptive tactics to convince online investors to pay for the development of Bitcoin "mining" equipment. Mining is the process of solving complex math problems to gain additional Bitcoins, an unregulated digital currency.

We can then look at one of the definitions of scam

scam noun \ˈskam\
: a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people

Looks pretty clear cut to me.

MSD Info:

Shawn Hagerty
Investigator
Missouri Secretary of State, Securities Division
600 W. Main St., Box 1276
Jefferson City, MO  65102
573-526-3901
573-526-3124 (fax)
shawn.hagerty@sos.mo.gov

Scott Johnson
Investigator
Missouri Secretary of State, Securities Division
600 W. Main St., Box 1276
Jefferson City, MO  65102
573-751-4704
scott.johnson@sos.mo.gov

Missouri Securities Contact Information Page

Wood Law Info:

http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/virtual-mining-corporation-and-active-mining-corporation
888-237-0999
1100 Main Street, Suite 1800, Kansas City, Missouri 64105
1736 E. Sunshine Street, Suite 209, Springfield, Missouri 65804
knybe

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:02:36 PM

a moot point to debate… unless you just feel like arguing some more.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:46:08 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 09:59:22 PM by LorenzoMoney

A) It does not matter what Ken's original intent was. The fact is, he began lying at some point and made decisions that have caused investors to lose money.

B) There is no need to prove it was a scam. There only is need to get Ken to pay out the dividends he promised and be honest now.

What is important now is for everyone to share what information they have with the Missouri investigators, and to do what we can to publicize Ken Slaughter's reputation so that he is unable to ever start up any other technology business.

It would be interesting to find out where he does currently work.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
kokoarm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:50:07 PM

Many things point to this being a scam:

The easic custom chip based products which will never be built still on the web site and still for sale 6 months after the easic deal was cancelled. Multiple checks posted out with no signature. Refunds delayed for 4months. Promised divs not paid. No accounts released. Prospector cards priced not to sell. Gold cards not promoted or posted out in time. All real work towards custom chips cancelled after millions in pre-order money taken. Kens 15 year history of liquidating companies and lieing to customers. Data Centre seems an after-thought, no attempt at expansion. No promises or plans about company progress ever met.

It all points to the CEO running a shell of a company, spending 25% of the raised funds to look legit then running off with the remaining 75% after the business 'fails'.

Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: