Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:57:06 PM

In all fairness Bar - at this point you're either in, or you're out. If you're out, what are you still doing in the thread? Nothing personal, but it seems you're "trying to help all the investors now that the company is doomed" - that was also crumbs' motive from very early on, although I believe your motive is genuine, why not be done with ActM altogether? Every post you copy-paste the same thing under the guise of being helpful - posting once in a while might be helpful - but dude this is basically trolling. If people haven't seen the MSD contact details by now they're not going to.

You pull me up if I misbehave and I appreciate that, just returning the favour.

edit: unless woodlaw are paying you for SEO link building - lol... in which case you should be well paid for your hard work :-)

I dont think Bargraphics is trying to "help" anyone in the Robin Hood type of way (he may but that doesnt matter to me), but it helps his (and everyone else involved) situation(s) if more people are involved in the lawsuit/investigation.  so while he and many others posting in the thread are "done" to a point, it is in their best interests to get as many involved so this situation is taken more seriously.  otherwise Ken has a higher chance of little/no penalty and the community has another example of a "bitcoin hardware company" (used very loosely) that essentially screwed investors/customers over.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:02:42 PM

I dont think Bargraphics is trying to "help" anyone in the Robin Hood type of way (he may but that doesnt matter to me), but it helps his (and everyone else involved) situation(s) if more people are involved in the lawsuit/investigation.  so while he and many others posting in the thread are "done" to a point, it is in their best interests to get as many involved so this situation is taken more seriously.  otherwise Ken has a higher chance of little/no penalty and the community has another example of a "bitcoin hardware company" (used very loosely) that essentially screwed investors/customers over.

That's a good summary fin, more or less that's correct.

In addition,

I also put a lot of faith in Ken only for him to give us failure after failure. I do want to see him payback everything he can to shareholders, I do not want to see him profit on a failure while everyone else receives a close to complete loss, so if it takes 5-10 minutes out of my day to come in here and correct misinformation and provide a couple links then that's fine by me.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:42:41 PM

I'm surprised your not interested in all the information Zum claims to have on me. I'm sure that would shut me up for good  Embarrassed

In all seriousness Vince, you are aware of how much I wanted this company to succeed but at some point you really do have to stop beating a dead horse.

My best judgement suggests you're a genuine guy Bar - although I invested in Ken so maybe my judgement leaves a bit to be desired ;-)

I know how much you wanted ActM to succeed - you did, we all did - I'm not quite on the same "it's fucked" level as you, I still think there is a small amount of hope for something (although not something major) - I can't see ActM being worth more than $250k at any point in the future, but I also don't think it's worth nothing (or as good as nothing).

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:57:14 PM

I'm surprised your not interested in all the information Zum claims to have on me. I'm sure that would shut me up for good  Embarrassed

In all seriousness Vince, you are aware of how much I wanted this company to succeed but at some point you really do have to stop beating a dead horse.

My best judgement suggests you're a genuine guy Bar - although I invested in Ken so maybe my judgement leaves a bit to be desired ;-)

I know how much you wanted ActM to succeed - you did, we all did - I'm not quite on the same "it's fucked" level as you, I still think there is a small amount of hope for something (although not something major) - I can't see ActM being worth more than $250k at any point in the future, but I also don't think it's worth nothing (or as good as nothing).

I think that's a fair assessment.

If you do believe it won't be worth more than $250k at any point in the future, if that was "profit" then each share would be worth 2.5 cents. (10,000,000 Shares). You are better off trying to get restitution from a financial standpoint I believe.

Unless of course you see this figure after restitution has been paid and shares "removed", this would be too hard to get an accurate figure though as we have no clue how many shares would get traded in.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:21:37 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 06:43:38 PM by zumzero

That's a good summary fin, more or less that's correct.

In addition,

I also put a lot of faith in Ken only for him to give us failure after failure. I do want to see him payback everything he can to shareholders, I do not want to see him profit on a failure while everyone else receives a close to complete loss, so if it takes 5-10 minutes out of my day to come in here and correct misinformation and provide a couple links then that's fine by me.

Priceless.  Grin

We are all in agreement that Blahgraphics is no Robin Hood so why IS our resident Bitcoin tycoon spending so much of his time in this thread fighting his cause?   You think he'd commit so much time for nothing?  I am deeply suspicious.

So Blah, either go away now that you admit everyone has seen your links or allow people to express their views and stop acting like a dictator.  Talk about censorship.  You are preventing those shareholders who still have faith in the company from communicating with each other, exploring other possibilities and sharing their views simply because you insist on blurting your self righteous opinion and denying their voice.

You've done this so that you could convince as many people as possible to contact the MSD and Woodlaw because you are trying to accelerate the demise of ActM.  This I find unconscionable especially when there are shareholders who feel there remains hope as strongly as you feel it's over.

I'm all for a good argument but if it's one sided then the thread loses it's purpose which is a 'shareholder discussion thread'.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:44:15 PM

I don't think BG is denying anyone anything.  He's posting stuff up as are you guys.  If he wants to point out how it's a scam so that nobody here is trying to sucker anyone into buying the stock who might not know better, I'm all for it.  Keep posting BG.

Everyone else is welcome to have a nice discussion like they've been having.  It's good if someone keeps that discussion grounded in reality.  And advises would be share purchasers that there is a legal situation going on and they'd be best to hold their satoshi until it is settled and Ken comes out of hiding and posts something meaningful.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:54:54 PM

yack yack yack.

every time I un-ignore you I realize my mistake… you've officially become more aggravating than crumbs ever was.
get a grip, dude.
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:57:03 PM

...More nonsense...

I'm flattered that you believe my opinions and statements are so great that they actually stop others from voicing their opinion. It must be extremely hard to debate such statements without the use of ad hominem attacks as shown by yourself.

Discussion has always been fine until you get involved. Please try to bring something to the table instead of begging me to stop posting so that ActM might live. Your idle threats are amusing though.

I don't think BG is denying anyone anything.  He's posting stuff up as are you guys.  If he wants to point out how it's a scam so that nobody here is trying to sucker anyone into buying the stock who might not know better, I'm all for it.  Keep posting BG.

Everyone else is welcome to have a nice discussion like they've been having.  It's good if someone keeps that discussion grounded in reality.  And advises would be share purchasers that there is a legal situation going on and they'd be best to hold their satoshi until it is settled and Ken comes out of hiding and posts something meaningful.

Thank you tempestb, I'm not worried about Zumzero he's just a mouthpiece. All bark and no bite. I won't let his antics get in the way of real discussion.

yack yack yack.

every time I un-ignore you I realize my mistake… you've officially become more aggravating than crumbs ever was.
get a grip, dude.

You can't even quote him anymore because it's just so absurd the things he says/comes up with.

I'm not going to lie, in some twisted way I get excited for Zum's next post. It's like watching an episode of kids say the darndest things http://youtu.be/hnehYRbFWeU?t=1m21s
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:00:40 PM

I don't think BG is denying anyone anything.

Yes he certainly is.  Just take a quick look back through some of his recent posts and see for yourself.  Look at how he responds to every post made by anyone who dares suggest there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I'd copy and paste that shit for you but unlike Blahgraphics I can't do that much in my 5-10 mins online every day.  Cheesy

yack yack yack.

get a grip, dude.

Oh knybe.  You really are adorable.

knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:05:22 PM

yack yack yack.

get a grip, dude.

Oh knybe.  You really are adorable.

your brand of crazy is not helping this situation. if you could only see how bad all your ranting makes you and ACTM look perhaps you'd cool it…

wishful thinking on my part. going back to ignoring you.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:29:42 PM

For those that haven't noticed, the Prestashop module has been down for a few days now.

http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/

"Oops, something went wrong."  Wink

Where the fuck is Ken?
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:32:30 PM

We've known for a long time that the MSD have been investigating Ken and have all been expecting that the details would be made public at some stage.  I don't see this as the death blow for the company.  I believe that Ken will pay the fines and still be in a good position financially to continue with the business.  Whether or not he actually makes a success of the company from there is hard to gauge given that we have nothing to go on.  All I do know is that the last time Ken communicated with me he remained optimistic in spite of the MSD going public.  Around then it seemed that considerable deals were on the table.  Perhaps they no longer exists, but whose to know what other opportunities may have arisen or may be on the cards?  Again, we simply do not know.

What gets me is that for so many shareholders who knew about the MSD investigation, why did it take for it to go public for them to suddenly think it was game over when they had known for a long time that that day was inevitable?   Were they in denial?  Were they expecting the MSD issue to simply go away?

It's all down to how much of a threat people perceive the MSD and Woodlaw involvement to be.  For most it's catastrophic.  Fine.  But for others they still see light at the end of the tunnel.

Still want to make money from your investment?  There are two courses of action.  Either hold out for divs at the risk of losing the lot, or take the MSD route and hope for as high a dollar price on your shares as possible.  Both choices come with risks, there are shareholders on both sides of the fence and it's only fair that they be allowed to discuss it free from ridicule.

VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:39:46 PM

If you do believe it won't be worth more than $250k at any point in the future, if that was "profit" then each share would be worth 2.5 cents. (10,000,000 Shares). You are better off trying to get restitution from a financial standpoint I believe.

See that points out an even crazier figure - if Ken is able to pay back 5c per share, and the current cost is 0.0018c/share - WTH... Buy shares, ask for refunds... surely?

VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:40:08 PM

For those that haven't noticed, the Prestashop module has been down for a few days now.

Where the fuck is Ken?

I wouldn't stress, the stock was sold out anyway.

kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:42:26 PM

Where the fuck is Ken?

That's a great question. He could at least give shareholders and customers a heads up if he is doing maintenance. What else could this mean?

This really should be the topic at hand. If people are considering shrugging off the MSD "refund" then surely they are interested in the fact that the primary revenue stream has been dead for going on four days.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:42:46 PM

Still want to make money from your investment?  There are two courses of action.  Either hold out for divs at the risk of losing the lot, or take the MSD route and hope for as high a dollar price on your shares as possible.  Both choices come with risks, there are shareholders on both sides of the fence and it's only fair that they be allowed to discuss it free from ridicule.

Actually, only one side comes with risks.

If you take the MSD route and you don't get a "high value" for your shares you can simply opt to not take the restitution and stick with Ken.
If you take the MSD route and no restitution has to be paid you keep your shares and stick with Ken.
If you take the MSD route and Ken comes on here and offers you a magical unicorn hasher and you want to stick with the company, then you can!
Just because you contact the MSD doesn't stop Kens obligation to you for the shares you purchased unless you opt for the restitution.

That's the beauty of this whole thing, by going with the MSD you still leave every other option open.

Not sure why Zumzero is hiding this fact.

Edit: Oh look a new page!

MSD Info:

Shawn Hagerty
Investigator
Missouri Secretary of State, Securities Division
600 W. Main St., Box 1276
Jefferson City, MO  65102
573-526-3901
573-526-3124 (fax)
shawn.hagerty@sos.mo.gov

Scott Johnson
Investigator
Missouri Secretary of State, Securities Division
600 W. Main St., Box 1276
Jefferson City, MO  65102
573-751-4704
scott.johnson@sos.mo.gov

Missouri Securities Contact Information Page

Wood Law Info:

http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/virtual-mining-corporation-and-active-mining-corporation
888-237-0999
1100 Main Street, Suite 1800, Kansas City, Missouri 64105
1736 E. Sunshine Street, Suite 209, Springfield, Missouri 65804
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:48:13 PM

Not all risk is financial.  Not everyone in the community is comfortable sharing their personal details with a governmental body unless it's essential.  Look where it got Charlie Shrem.

JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:50:27 PM

Where the fuck is Ken?

That's a great question. He could at least give shareholders and customers a heads up if he is doing maintenance. What else could this mean?

This really should be the topic at hand. If people are considering shrugging off the MSD "refund" then surely they are interested in the fact that the primary revenue stream has been dead for going on four days.

Yeah, my post was a bit tongue in cheek.

I was thinking it may be due to maintenance, but then I remembered this was ACTM.

Ken should at least have posted the press release which I had to post yesterday as some were unaware off it.

The general guess is he is not taking due to the legal proceedings. Hopefully he can get on with his work hassle free now.

kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:57:21 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 11:14:55 PM by kslaughter

Virtual Mining Corporation

Bitcoin Pre-Order Refund Agreement

I hereby agree for my pre-order equipment ordered from Virtual Mining Corporation paid is USD or bitcoins to be refunded to the bitcoin address below converted at the current coinbase.com buy price at the time the refund is issued.  I agree that this will be a full repayment of Virtual Minings obgation to you.  Refund will be processed within 7 business days.

Name:
Address:
City:
State:

Order ID:
Order Date:
Total amount of order in USD:
Bitcoin Refund Address:

I hereby agree the above terms:

Sign and scan the above agreement and email to btcrefunds@virtualminingcorp.com
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:00:28 PM

Not all risk is financial.  Not everyone in the community is comfortable sharing their personal details with a governmental body.  Look where it got Charlie Shrem.

I think this is the first thing you've said I can agree with. Everyone has their own risk factors. Charlie Shrem is a case all on it's own. He didn't follow the rules (So they say). Not sure how his situation is applicable in this scenario as from what I understand he didn't report suspicious activity as a money transmitter and his emails "incriminate him". I haven't really been following that but this is my understanding of his situation.

Virtual Mining Corpoation

Bitcoin Pre-Order Refund Agreement

I hereby agree for my pre-order equipment ordered from Virtual Mining Corporation paid is USD or bitcoins to be refunded to the bitcoin address below converted at the current coinbase.com buy price at the time the refund is issued.  I agree that this will be a full repayment of Virtual Minings obgation to you.

Name:
Address:
City:
State:

Order ID:
Order Date:
Total amount of order is USD:
Bitcoin Refund Address

I hereby agree the above terms:

Sign and scan the above agreement and email to btcrefunds@virtualminingcorp.com

Anyone that uses this please report back if you receive your refund and how long it took.

Thank you!
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: