Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Pulling the Same Old Crap  (Read 1581 times)
Asinine (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:29:44 AM

Just an update since there does not seem to be a 2014 thread on the subject:  But, I just tried to buy a few BTC using Coinbase near the bottom just after Bitstamp announced their fix.  So, of course Coinbase canceled the transaction as "high risk" after the price went back up.  So, take it for what it is, more of the same...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kolev

Activity: 94

My name is Nikolay and am a webaholic.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 06:06:38 AM

Just an update since there does not seem to be a 2014 thread on the subject:  But, I just tried to buy a few BTC using Coinbase near the bottom just after Bitstamp announced their fix.  So, of course Coinbase canceled the transaction as "high risk" after the price went back up.  So, take it for what it is, more of the same...
It's simple, if you ask me. When price goes up. They cancel and take the profit. If it goes down, why cancel when it won't make them money. That's why regulation is vital for these companies. If regulated, they won't be able to come up with this crap.

Bitrated user: nikolay.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:25:39 AM

How many btc are you buying? Is there anything that could be snagging from your banks end? I have used coinbase for awhile and have bought at the bottom on several occasions and never had this issue
atc1

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:32:56 AM

It's simple, if you ask me. When price goes up. They cancel and take the profit. If it goes down, why cancel when it won't make them money. That's why regulation is vital for these companies. If regulated, they won't be able to come up with this crap.

The joys of deregulation  Undecided

Asinine (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:17:02 AM

How many btc are you buying? Is there anything that could be snagging from your banks end? I have used coinbase for awhile and have bought at the bottom on several occasions and never had this issue

I would rather not discuss financial details publicly.  And, no, I made sure the money was present and cleared in the account prior to attempting.

Before someone asks, I would rather not wait the month or so of back and forth it takes for them to "whitelist" me.

Aside:  I noticed CampBX has had it's USD deposits and withdrawals shut down by their bank, apparently.  Is there any place in the US where I can actually buy BTC above board?  Or, is my only option to wrangle with the Com-block exchanges?  

I actually use my BTC to purchase goods.  So, Gox is out of the question.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

I would rather not discuss financial details publicly.  And, no, I made sure the money was present and cleared in the account prior to attempting.

Before someone asks, I would rather not wait the month or so of back and forth it takes for them to "whitelist" me.

Aside:  I noticed CampBX has had it's USD deposits and withdrawals shut down by their bank, apparently.  Is there any place in the US where I can actually buy BTC above board?  Or, is my only option to wrangle with the Com-block exchanges?  

seems weird that they wouldn't honor the price that you locked in when you purchased.   I can vouch first hand that I have purchased BTC that was worth $300-$400 more per BTC once it reached my account and didn't have any issues whatsoever with any "high risk" transactions..
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:37:52 AM

Tried coinsetter?
Asinine (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:29:04 AM

I haven't heard much on Coinsetter.  But, it appears they are not allowing USD deposits (or withdrawls) from US Customers.  I should probably specify that I live in the US.  Go freedom...go opportunity... yay...
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:30:54 AM

I haven't heard much on Coinsetter.  But, it appears they are not allowing USD deposits (or withdrawls) from US Customers.  I should probably specify that I live in the US.

Coinsetter may still be in Beta.   I believe they are based out of New York, and they are specifically for US citizens.   I got a early beta code, but I haven't tested out their site yet...

They over the ability to short bitcoins I believe...  you do need to provide identification including your social security number

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:30:30 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 06:00:23 AM by 31337157

You're just complaining. Like any other exchange, they have had their fair share of obstacles, but they deliver and are more than open to working with you when issues arise.

Coinbase has posted here about their algorithm and it's running tighter than ever due to massive fraud attempts. If you don't want to send one message pointing out how you think your account has been mistargeted, then that becomes your own personal problem. Again, the systems aren't perfect and so a little work is going to be involved at this point.

Olaf has actively posted about how CB is willing to honor prices on accounts they have mistakenly cancelled orders through if you just point it out to them. Oh, but you wouldn't want to take the extra step right? Better post and complain about it on bitcointalk...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:36:33 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 06:16:24 AM by DeathAndTaxes

Is there any place in the US where I can actually buy BTC above board?  Or, is my only option to wrangle with the Com-block exchanges?  

Is you can make a bankwire, BitSimple (https://BitSimple.com) can deliver your purchased bitcoins directly to your bitcoin address the same day.  We don't hold customer bitcoins and we don't cancel transactions after the fact for "high risk".
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:43:57 AM

Is there any place in the US where I can actually buy BTC above board?  Or, is my only option to wrangle with the Com-block exchanges? 

Is you can make a bankwire, BitSimple can deliver your purchased bitcoins directly to your bitcoin address.  We don't hold customer bitcoins and we don't cancel transactions after the fact for "high risk".

Bitstamp have been awesome ..they are the shining light with all the bullshit that GOX is pulling

If there is any problems they will just ask for lots of docs which was approved almost as soon as I provided them

BTC would be a bit scary without them Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: