Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:55:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Bye Mining, See you at 10$ and Amd 7000  (Read 5453 times)
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 11:31:51 PM

Aside from that, I feel confident that the only ones mining right now are:
People that dont pay thier own elecbill
People with a large mining Farm
People who just dont want to hit Off, on their comps for the night, when they could instead hit ON on thier miners

Hell 15/7 i run at -f250, And at night i swap to -f8

Deepbit is less than 20% off of its highs.  Are you positive 80% of the mining community fits into your 4 categories?

May I present an alternative.  My power rate is 4.6 cents/kwhr.  My 2x overclocked, undervolted 5830 rig pulls 380 watts from the wall. With all the distribution fees I am at 6 c/kwhr, or 400x24/1000*.06 = 60 cents a day, or $1.80 a bitcoin.  Let's call it $20 a month to generate a bit over 8 coins, which are worth $40.  This is loosely confirmed by my power bill which is only a hair higher than same time last year (although temperatures differ by 2 degrees).

Hardware was paid off after 6-7 days in July, and being 5830s it's not very valuable now.  So even $20/month after power costs beats $0, considering it's completely effort free money.   If this persists for another 10 months it's another free video card.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 11:36:03 PM

Aside from that, I feel confident that the only ones mining right now are:
People that dont pay thier own elecbill
People with a large mining Farm
People who just dont want to hit Off, on their comps for the night, when they could instead hit ON on thier miners

Hell 15/7 i run at -f250, And at night i swap to -f8

Deepbit is less than 20% off of its highs.  Are you positive 80% of the mining community fits into your 4 categories?

May I present an alternative.  My power rate is 4.6 cents/kwhr.  My 2x overclocked, undervolted 5830 rig pulls 380 watts from the wall. With all the distribution fees I am at 6 c/kwhr, or 400x24/1000*.06 = 60 cents a day, or $1.80 a bitcoin.  Let's call it $20 a month to generate a bit over 8 coins, which are worth $40.  This is loosely confirmed by my power bill which is only a hair higher than same time last year (although temperatures differ by 2 degrees).

Hardware was paid off after 6-7 days in July, and being 5830s it's not very valuable now.  So even $20/month after power costs beats $0, considering it's completely effort free money.   If this persists for another 10 months it's another free video card.

now im <55% sure

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:30:36 AM

Closed out my last rig today, ended up profitabe with some great memories so net win =)

Final numbers are 440 BTC profit, had 5.2 ghash with 5000 invested.

I'm somewhat with ya,I'll keep 1 rig running ,as I have no other use for it & it's only $20 month to run.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:13:36 PM

At $3.50 I'm shutting down my rigs. Basically it'll cost me less money to buy 1 BTC per day than to mine it.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 01:30:10 AM

WELL FOLKS, as of this evening I'm shutting down my miners. At $4, with the current difficulty + electricity ($0.091) my monthly "profit" is at ~$30......  Shocked

If I want to speculate, I'll just buy the bitcoins with fiat, because then they'd be cheaper than mining them. Perhaps with the next difficulty drop, I'll turn it back on.. but unless price goes up, I think I'm going dark for a bit.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 04:17:16 PM

WELL FOLKS, as of this evening I'm shutting down my miners. At $4, with the current difficulty + electricity ($0.091) my monthly "profit" is at ~$30......  Shocked

If I want to speculate, I'll just buy the bitcoins with fiat, because then they'd be cheaper than mining them. Perhaps with the next difficulty drop, I'll turn it back on.. but unless price goes up, I think I'm going dark for a bit.

Well for me, If my miners stop "breaking even" I still get Super Extremetly Inexpensive Heating. Like. $5/mo to heat my 10room house

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:21:33 AM

Well for me, If my miners stop "breaking even" I still get Super Extremetly Inexpensive Heating. Like. $5/mo to heat my 10room house

What the crap do you do with a 10 room house?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:22:14 AM

Brothel?HuhHuhHuhHuh Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 07:29:06 AM

Those with more capital make more capital. Welcome to capitalism.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: