Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:30:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About ICOs  (Read 382 times)
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:47:05 AM

OptiToken gonna moon hard on open in 2 weeks

Current market is not down so act wisely.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:18:53 AM

hype, team, product, token metrics. Its very individual because some projects are very successful without product, but with good marketmaking!
Kriptosoul

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:27:09 PM

Hello, I am a holder and investor. I invest in several ICOs, some of which I earn, some not, or scam. I am curious to ask the investors in the forum, what criteria do you rate an ICO based on?
I think we need to first analyze their team and their project, to study the white paper and their long-term plans for the company.
PhuketSunset

Activity: 266
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:35:08 PM

Good team
Interesting idea
Adequate expectations (Soft Cap)

OAX - REAL WORLD APPLICATION OF DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGES - V1
■  Hold your own keys - Liquidity Aggregation - Open and Transparent  ■
■ ■ WebsiteTeamWPTWPProject DeckANNBounty ANN ■ ■
iPannaPro

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:38:56 PM

Hello, I am a holder and investor. I invest in several ICOs, some of which I earn, some not, or scam. I am curious to ask the investors in the forum, what criteria do you rate an ICO based on?
The team and their plans for their project will be the main, further white paper and community activities.
Pardeep kaur

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:52:24 AM

There are such a significant number of things need to check when you need to think around an ICO project like whitepaper, Roadmap, team behind bounty and main idea of project.First of all,  the team is more important and on the off chance that they are straightforward and extremely receptive to the questions..Next is the project itself.
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:10:46 AM

It's a classical question. And the main one in one time. U gotta check for their feedback, SM info, site, ideology and so on.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:14:29 AM

First is, the team must be legitimate and they must not be using fake people and photos because most of the ICOs of today do that. Photoshop can do almost anything possible so be careful. There are several sites and Apps that can help you identify if the photos they are using are photoshopped or not.
Second is, I look at how realistic the Softcap and Hardcap their asking is to their project roadmap. They can't ask for a large amount of money if they are simply doing simple and small projects. That is just a "Give me your money" ICO. However, if the project also needs a ton of money and the team is asking for a very small amount of softcap / hardcap without a way to fund the project in the near future, well that's also a way of getting into investor's comfort zone by making a simple impression of "we are not here to grab your money". The thing is, the soft/hardcap must always be proportional and just the right amount that the project needs.
Third, I look at the whitepaper and the Roadmap, see what the project can offer to the community. See if it will be really helpful or is there another project thats doing what they are promising and does not need another one on the community.

Neil81

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:21:56 PM

Do not be bored, here's a project with the best opportunity for investing your funds! Successfully join the successful investors!) More details on the site. #WeiDex #IEO#TokenSale #startup
https://weidex.market/ Smiley
StImelda

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:24:47 PM

I base my judgement on ICOs on a number of factors, principally on the teams integrity and expertise, the the community size, social media activities,presence of MVP.
StImelda

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:26:50 PM

Good team
Interesting idea
Adequate expectations (Soft Cap)
Adequate expectation of reaching soft cap is also critical.It is always a good idea to see how much donations is going into the contract address.It helps to also verify claims of how much has been raised.
maucial

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:54:35 PM

To choose good ICO projects to get involved in, you have to look at their project and see if:

1. the ICO has an experienced team;
2. the project is good and will have success, because it's a real project related to blockchain technology and with a sustainable tokenomics.

Looking at the project as a whole and looking at the team behind it, is very important in my opinion.

There are many interesting projects to check out and others not, so it's important to choose wisely.

If I can give you guys my opinion, I discovered an exciting ICO that is very interesting: RAWG.

Check out this great article by Sergey Ulankin, RAWG's Editor-in-Chief, where he explains what has been done so far and what will be the future updates:

https://medium.com/rawg/wp-bits-5-vision-and-current-state-69127bfbeb2a

The ICO will start in a short period and they are at the moment in pre-ICO phase. This is the ICO site: https://token.rawg.io/. It's a video game discovery platform that converts your skills into goods and services (the site is already working, with more than 57,000 games in the database) and, which is very interesting, they have already reached the soft cap.

Have a look and get some information while doing your own research!

Another interesting point: RAWG has already secured $5m USD, halfway to hard cap of $10m!
valtum

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:14:54 PM

I think here it is necessary to conduct a serious check on many parameters, which are already indicated by commentators earlier. The check should be carried out by yourself. But of course many do not have time for this. Therefore, so many projects are scam. Personally I do not want to spend much time on this, that is why I believe in www.menlo.one. The creators promise to find fake projects.
MbyzIco

Activity: 410
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 09:51:07 PM

I think here it is necessary to conduct a serious check on many parameters, which are already indicated by commentators earlier. The check should be carried out by yourself. But of course many do not have time for this. Therefore, so many projects are scam. Personally I do not want to spend much time on this, that is why I believe in www.menlo.one. The creators promise to find fake projects.

Good point that you expose, except that when looking at the page, it is not the proposal to search for SCAM in the network (I apologize if I did not understand the point, I may have lost myself in the translation), but in any case, the question that I find more illustrative in this case is, how did you evaluate this project, what points did you find? in favor, and which ones against?

(This is a very good opportunity for you to even publicize it, but let us all know how someone evaluates an ICO and from there, draw conclusions or objections to the way to evaluate)

MBYZ
¦•-» El verdadero desafío es dar valor real a las monedas /The real challenge is to give real value to the currencies. «-•¦
¦ [Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Youtube] | [Bitcointalk ANN] | [Instagram]
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:10:18 PM

To choose ICO investment projects you need to have the experience to avoid encountering ICO scam projects. I often rely on Token Sale as well as hype to evaluate potential ICO projects. Or maybe refer to Social about the potential of that project. A potential ICOS project will help you make more money when you invest.

JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:52:10 PM

Choosing ICOs for investment is not difficult, but finding potential ICOs is really difficult and requires a lot of experience. Instead of looking for a potential ICO project, you can choose and look for potential managers like amazix, deadley, cheus, atriz and then participate in ICO projects they manage.

Tuturtinular

Activity: 994
Merit: 152

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:36:36 AM

Choosing ICOs for investment is not difficult, but finding potential ICOs is really difficult and requires a lot of experience. Instead of looking for a potential ICO project, you can choose and look for potential managers like amazix, deadley, cheus, atriz and then participate in ICO projects they manage.
Really looking for a potential ico is a very difficult thing at the moment we should be able to filter out the many ico projects that are running and follow ico Projects that are managed by bounty managers like amazix, deadley, cheus, atriz is a good choice to reduce the risk of a scam ico.
Neil81

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:04:49 AM

Innovative project with an impeccable idea. Join the ideal ICO. I recommend to study in detail the materials on this sale of tokens. #WeiDex #IEO#TokenSale #startup
https://weidex.market/
Vlad2255

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:09:48 AM

I watch the ratings of the project on the main sites - icodrops, icobench. You can also see whether the project complements the media personality. It is desirable that the team was as public as possible.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
icomaster90

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:38:59 PM

I rate them based on several criterias. Transparency, who are behind the project, do they have a company, etc.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: