Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:04:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP] NOOB HERE My screen goes black after driver install  (Read 146 times)
pachuchon (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:42:58 AM

Hi there

I did a fresh windows 10 install, all the hardware is new, yet when I install the nvidia drivers (372.54 version as recomended for claymore) during the installation the screen goes black  Huh needless to say but my monitor was conected into the hdmi port of the gpu.

I believe I read somewhere that first you must conect the monitor into the integrated video card, disable it, and then proceed to do the installation of the drivers, is this correct?

any suggestions? im a newbie, be patient please. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:50:34 AM

Err. You might want to post this problem on the Nvidia forums instead? This is a Bitcoin Beginners & Help forum.

https://forums.geforce.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cr0ssfa1th

Activity: 348
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:49:16 AM

Why do you ask this question here? Please find forums that specialize in your question.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:10:24 PM

As mentioned before, this might be the wrong forum for you. It's at least the wrong one for this kind of question.

Nevertheless:

I believe I read somewhere that first you must conect the monitor into the integrated video card, disable it, and then proceed to do the installation of the drivers, is this correct?

Be sure that you chose the correct driver for your card. It's irrelevant whether the monitor is connected or not if you get a black screen, there is a driver issue (or you chose the wrong resolution resp. refresh rate).

As you didn't specify which card you've got, if it's an older one you also might need an older driver. When posting your question in another forum, give them this info, it's kind of crucial for someone who wants to help you  Wink

PS: It would be great if you could close your thread. Bottom left
pachuchon (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:14:23 PM

As mentioned before, this might be the wrong forum for you. It's at least the wrong one for this kind of question.

Nevertheless:

Be sure that you chose the correct driver for your card. It's irrelevant whether the monitor is connected or not if you get a black screen, there is a driver issue (or you chose the wrong resolution resp. refresh rate).

As you didn't specify which card you've got, if it's an older one you also might need an older driver. When posting your question in another forum, give them this info, it's kind of crucial for someone who wants to help you  Wink

PS: It would be great if you could close your thread. Bottom left

It does relate with mining because this gpu (gtx 1060) was intentionally purchased for that purpose. That been said, also I read here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0
(more specifically "10xx cards in Windows 10 x64: just use latest 372.54 drivers from Nvidia website, note that you must have Win10 Anniversary update")

I installed that specific driver "372.54", and I think there are lot much newers but since in that guide implies that I "must" use that, well I just install that.

May be is not the right place to post this but it does belong here because it for mining.

If Im still wrong, please let me know and I will shut this post.

Sorry again.
evelyne.theresia1

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:22:21 AM

Hi there

I did a fresh windows 10 install, all the hardware is new, yet when I install the nvidia drivers (372.54 version as recomended for claymore) during the installation the screen goes black  Huh needless to say but my monitor was conected into the hdmi port of the gpu.

any suggestions? im a newbie, be patient please. Grin

if you can't use your PC right now, i recommended you try fresh instal and when after installing windows 10. then download driver same as you VGA model.
as mentioned by Sr. Member, lock this thread then mate, and hope you'll fix your problem Wink
ompoetra

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:46:20 AM

If you are using a graphics card from AMD or NVIDIA and found that after installing the latest drivers of your monitor screen dark or black, there are several possible causes. Problems can occur in hardware, this is hopefully not the cause or problem lies in the driver you just installed.

This dark screen is likely to be affected by backlight from dead or dim monitor after AMD driver installation. To make sure this is not a hardware malfunction, please try to get into Safe Mode in Windows. How to access Safe Mode is by pressing F8 during Windows loading, and select Boot into Safe Mode.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: