Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 04:24:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Property? What might be the best investment?  (Read 2581 times)
Fred3030

Activity: 728
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 11:51:54 AM

I am a fan of investing in bitcoin but when it's put up against traditional asset like house I will rather invest in a house. Remember bitcoin is yet to be adopted hence it can go either way and as such it is a high risk asset. Investing in houses is better and safer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Oracolcoin XOR    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Garrixx

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

ONe Social Network

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:05:25 PM

it's very simple if you want to live in a big house then invest now in bitcoin and he will give you the opportunity to smoke yourself real estate

ONe Social Network  Bringing it all Together!   [   ONe   ]
PRESALE  »  12 June   |   https://www.onesocialnetwork.io
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:09:21 PM

We had a very interesting discussion over the weekend and people debated if it was better to invest in property or to invest in Bitcoin. The argument was as follows :

1. Most people cannot afford to buy property, so they take a home loan at a Bank. The home loan is paid back with interest and some of these loans are spread out over 20 years to make it affordable to the person who takes out the loan. So, over that 20 years the house of $100 000 will cost you say $1 000 000. {$900 000 paid in interest}

The argument is also that the property has to increase in value, with more than $900 000 for you to say that it was a good investment AND you have to sell that property to get that profit.

2. The other side of the room said it was better to rent a smaller property and to invest the "savings" into something like Bitcoin, because your profit will pay for a bigger deposit or even a whole property in a few years time.

I think paying a high interest rate to a Bank is just as bad as paying rent to a Landlord, because you are getting screwed in both these circumstances.  Angry

We all want to live in big houses that we cannot afford.  Roll Eyes
Yes people telling me to buy a house that i cannot even afford, i dont know people this day really think that property is really good investment but i  do think bitcoin os better for me, cause i can afford it and i do spend a lot of time on it and i do love doing it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
dobladonadouble

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:22:03 PM

With the assistance of bitcoin we can bear the cost of big houses little by pretty much nothing. For a little start up cash used to put resources into bitcoin, we can acquire twofold or possibly tripled to what we have contributed. This is a shabby method to procure cash, where no advances is required only a little measure of your reserve funds or a piece of wages and patience will do. Putting resources into property might be a lifetime venture, yet we as a whole realize that it requires part of investment and push to pick up the benefit there, yet with bitcoin it is less demanding. More compelling and effective.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:41:48 PM

Depends how you look at it. For medium or quick gains I'd say bitcoin. You could even invest in bitcoin now to buy a house with the profits later down the line. As for more secure and stable gains long term, property is probably your better bet if you rent the house out, but it will take a very long time before you see a return on your investment. However, the house will always have intrinsic value and once you have got your money back via rent then it's all profit from there on. You could even take early retirement if you have enough income from rental fees to pay for your own living expenses as well so that is something to consider. With that being said, maybe five to ten years down the line bitcoin might be giving you the same gains just by merely holding or even be worth 10 to 100 times what it is now so who knows. One thing I will say is don't put all your eggs in one basket and try diversify a bit. If you can invest and hold bitcoin and also own a property or two then that is certainly recommended and at least if bitcoin goes up in smoke you still have the house to fall back on.
orayorayan2

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:59:17 PM

if asked which one is the best depends on your current financial condition, property investment needs big capital and thoroughness in buying by paying attention to many things, such as location, completeness of documents and so on, if you only have small capital I think you better invest in BTC first if you have gotten a big profit then that is what you use to buy property as a long-term investment

rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:04:30 PM

Both bitcoin and property has their own pros and cons. If you compare by the price, bitcoin is more approachable than property, since you need a lot of money to buy just one property. But if you compare by the stability, property is more stable than bitcoin because bitcoin's price is fluctuative. So it is actually up to you. If you have enough money to buy property then you should buy property, otherwise you could just invest in bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:05:21 PM

Property is the best investment ever, Bitcoin is not my main direction, I only use it to grow my wealth and use it as medium of exchange, I don't pretend bitcoin as my main future investment, I am sure that bitcoin has good future but property always become the easiest amd most secure way to earn money.

ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

Why not do both? Isn't it possible? put let's say 30%-40% on investments like bitcoin, 20% might do for it is not sure to go up. Ang put more in the property as it will surely suffice needs.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:33:38 PM

Why not do both? Isn't it possible? put let's say 30%-40% on investments like bitcoin, 20% might do for it is not sure to go up. Ang put more in the property as it will surely suffice needs.
Thats what you should do, you can use both for investment, you can divide your capital according to your wishes, for example if you want a safer investment so you can allocate more funds to the property, you can manage both, of course it will be more profitable right
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:01:32 PM

We are all Bitcoin enthusiasts here, however, Bitcoin is, let's face it, a high risk investment.

If you bought Bitcoin at 200$ (or 2$!) and sold at 19000$, the road to "big house" is easy. But most don't do that, exactly because they don't afford to do that.
And if you have to watch your investment scared that you may be losing money, like many who bought at 12k-19k last December, then you better stick on smaller goals.

The best approach imho is to achieve something stable you can afford with the traditional way, even a loan in the bank, and invest only some surplus "you can afford to lose" into crypto.
Of course, the bank loan doesn't have to be too big and nearly impossible to be paid. And then, whenever the crypto currencies grow big enough for your needs, you can pay the loan. This may happen in a year, or 10, or not at all. If the loan is paid with the help of crypto, then you can dream for something even bigger. One step at a time.

That's right. We are all here believing that the cryptocurrency market, specifically Bitcoin can make a change in the market, and so, it can actually bring us what we're here for and that's either profit or a return of investment whether in coin or money. However, I am not discarding the fact that holding a property is always one of those surefire investments that can work for a long period of time. What's good about holding properties is that never usually depreciates, plus it's always a needed asset because space is always an important requirement of living. So, as an investor, I would be greedy and say that having both is never too bad.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:05:32 PM

There are not a few risky people who prefer Bitcoin instead of property. They are surely confident in their abilities to restore the lost, if things go wrong.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
ObroQ

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:14:09 PM

We had a very interesting discussion over the weekend and people debated if it was better to invest in property or to invest in Bitcoin. The argument was as follows :

1. Most people cannot afford to buy property, so they take a home loan at a Bank. The home loan is paid back with interest and some of these loans are spread out over 20 years to make it affordable to the person who takes out the loan. So, over that 20 years the house of $100 000 will cost you say $1 000 000. {$900 000 paid in interest}

The argument is also that the property has to increase in value, with more than $900 000 for you to say that it was a good investment AND you have to sell that property to get that profit.

2. The other side of the room said it was better to rent a smaller property and to invest the "savings" into something like Bitcoin, because your profit will pay for a bigger deposit or even a whole property in a few years time.

I think paying a high interest rate to a Bank is just as bad as paying rent to a Landlord, because you are getting screwed in both these circumstances.  Angry

If you have to choose between them, i would choose property. If i had the money for both, i would buy a property and invest something in bitcoin too. Property gives you a stable income if you rent it while bitcoin can change in a short period of time.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:36:01 PM

I hope both are good investment but bitcoin is for short time and property or asset is for long term...now depends on you how much time you can give.
riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:44:34 PM

We are all Bitcoin enthusiasts here, however, Bitcoin is, let's face it, a high risk investment.

If you bought Bitcoin at 200$ (or 2$!) and sold at 19000$, the road to "big house" is easy. But most don't do that, exactly because they don't afford to do that.
And if you have to watch your investment scared that you may be losing money, like many who bought at 12k-19k last December, then you better stick on smaller goals.

The best approach imho is to achieve something stable you can afford with the traditional way, even a loan in the bank, and invest only some surplus "you can afford to lose" into crypto.
Of course, the bank loan doesn't have to be too big and nearly impossible to be paid. And then, whenever the crypto currencies grow big enough for your needs, you can pay the loan. This may happen in a year, or 10, or not at all. If the loan is paid with the help of crypto, then you can dream for something even bigger. One step at a time.

That's right. We are all here believing that the cryptocurrency market, specifically Bitcoin can make a change in the market, and so, it can actually bring us what we're here for and that's either profit or a return of investment whether in coin or money. However, I am not discarding the fact that holding a property is always one of those surefire investments that can work for a long period of time. What's good about holding properties is that never usually depreciates, plus it's always a needed asset because space is always an important requirement of living. So, as an investor, I would be greedy and say that having both is never too bad.
yes, especially bitcoin is able to control the property business even though with bitcoin all market sectors can be entered and integrated with the blockchain system because this future technology will dominate any business in the world

melallgarant2015

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:53:17 PM

What property? Soon everything will collapse - there will be only a bit
CCIORACLE

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:20:33 PM

This ideally exposes two streams of people who might buffer with idea as to which is which but i personally believe with investment in bitcoin nothing can stop me from gaining property after that. And would opt for bitcoin investment than property.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:31:42 PM

What property? Soon everything will collapse - there will be only a bit

Property as in housing. Everything can collapse, including the housing market, but property still has intrinsic value and you can make money from rental income if you don't live in it. People always need houses and in my country the population is growing so fast that they can't meet the demand of new housing, so this gives those with spare properties an opportunity to flourish or at least having a regular passive income (the best type of income in my opinion).
munify

Activity: 386
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:37:38 PM

I think everyone is different in thought, because investing in bitcoin and also on property has advantages and disadvantages. And for me to prefer bitcoin, even though it's risky, bitcoin can provide better benefits.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
HarryBrace

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:37:30 PM

One thing is common between this two is both of them has good value and if we hold almost all the time it rise ans some time fall, and the current situation according to me is suitable for invest in property.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: