Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:09:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, Alt-coins.... Game over  (Read 8252 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:15:13 AM

I see where Johnny is confused -

he thinks Crypto's are dead - when he actually was trying to say the SCRYPT has finally been cracked and is dead.

all the flood are 80% basic Scrypt , and why would that be ?

maybe because its where the new monopoly is, i.e there are ASICs out but no one has them - this is basically BFL all over again - so they have to pump these out to really take advantage-

that's all that has happened , so what,  SCrypt is dead who cares ?

innovation will continue -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Mordillo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:24:55 AM

Only pussies get scared.  Roll Eyes
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:18:21 AM

My beloved PROSPERCOIN is alive i tell you alive..... And doing well slowly on poloniex.com stop scaring me lol
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:28:08 AM

It's funny how everyone is hating on dogecoin, did people do this on the early phases of litecoin too?

Dogecoin is amazing if you consider how many new people it has brought into cryptos. The reddit community is one of the friendliest and biggest ever. They are going to surpass r/bitcoin in a couple of months easily.

I'm just gonna lay back and laugh at the haters once dogecoin surpasses litecoin in market value.

That won't happen the fundamentals are flawed for Dogecoin to be taken as a seriously competitor to Litecoin.

its a clonecoin and the creator even admits it .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
bramvnl

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:22:54 PM

The last four months that I have been on this forum have been a whirlwind of trading and going insane with crypto currencies. It seems I am probably Cryptsy's biggest money generator.

It has been nuts as I have watched a seemingly endless line of crypto currency be announced, mined, dumped, pumped and redumped.

I just opened Crypto-market cap again for the 10000th time http://coinmarketcap.com/

I sorted by market cap and something really hit me. It wasn't that there are now 102 coins on the site and a few months ago there were far less. What blew me away is how pathetically worthless most of the coins on the list are. It is GAME OVER and most communities don't know it. So many of these coins of lost hope have been 10 times higher in the last four months alone. So many were "major coins" at one point and now are worth absolutely nothing and will never be worthy anything EVER.

Megacoin, oh what happened to your 50 million cap!?!?!? Quark the darling of crypto-future a shell of what you once were and dropping like a pre-mined rock. Primecoin!!! oh the great primecoin going nowhere since forever.... Feathercoin oh the humanity!!!, pumped from the cellar to a pathetic 8 million. Ripple, dear God Ripple and its pathetic, pathetic, 73k in volume!!!!!! insert me laughing for an hour, pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

And yet each has their own straggling communities of desperate hope and lost dignity. These walking-dead communities actually still believe that they will rise to be Bitcoin or even just a small piece of Bitcoin. IT WILL NEVER HAPPPEN. You won't be Bitcoin and what is worse for you is that you won't even be Dogecoin Sad  Watching Kittehcoin try to have any community on Reddit in the face of Dogecoin's tens of thousands is worth a laugh and then a cry.

I wish there was a virtual executioner that would purge the world of these dead coins that only bring shame to their followers.

Good God Franko, Mooncoin, anoncoin, copperlark, RonPaulCoin!!!! i feel guilty just reading your names next to your tiny little market caps. I hope you all just disappear quietly into the virtual night.

I HATE YOU sorry about that
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:07:06 PM

The last four months that I have been on this forum have been a whirlwind of trading and going insane with crypto currencies. It seems I am probably Cryptsy's biggest money generator.

It has been nuts as I have watched a seemingly endless line of crypto currency be announced, mined, dumped, pumped and redumped.

I just opened Crypto-market cap again for the 10000th time http://coinmarketcap.com/

I sorted by market cap and something really hit me. It wasn't that there are now 102 coins on the site and a few months ago there were far less. What blew me away is how pathetically worthless most of the coins on the list are. It is GAME OVER and most communities don't know it. So many of these coins of lost hope have been 10 times higher in the last four months alone. So many were "major coins" at one point and now are worth absolutely nothing and will never be worthy anything EVER.

Megacoin, oh what happened to your 50 million cap!?!?!? Quark the darling of crypto-future a shell of what you once were and dropping like a pre-mined rock. Primecoin!!! oh the great primecoin going nowhere since forever.... Feathercoin oh the humanity!!!, pumped from the cellar to a pathetic 8 million. Ripple, dear God Ripple and its pathetic, pathetic, 73k in volume!!!!!! insert me laughing for an hour, pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

And yet each has their own straggling communities of desperate hope and lost dignity. These walking-dead communities actually still believe that they will rise to be Bitcoin or even just a small piece of Bitcoin. IT WILL NEVER HAPPPEN. You won't be Bitcoin and what is worse for you is that you won't even be Dogecoin Sad  Watching Kittehcoin try to have any community on Reddit in the face of Dogecoin's tens of thousands is worth a laugh and then a cry.

I wish there was a virtual executioner that would purge the world of these dead coins that only bring shame to their followers.

Good God Franko, Mooncoin, anoncoin, copperlark, RonPaulCoin!!!! i feel guilty just reading your names next to your tiny little market caps. I hope you all just disappear quietly into the virtual night.

I HATE YOU sorry about that

Peace to you my forlorn crypto brother

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:10:14 PM

It's funny how everyone is hating on dogecoin, did people do this on the early phases of litecoin too?

Dogecoin is amazing if you consider how many new people it has brought into cryptos. The reddit community is one of the friendliest and biggest ever. They are going to surpass r/bitcoin in a couple of months easily.

I'm just gonna lay back and laugh at the haters once dogecoin surpasses litecoin in market value.

That won't happen the fundamentals are flawed for Dogecoin to be taken as a seriously competitor to Litecoin.

its a clonecoin and the creator even admits it .

fundamentals?!??!??! what the hell is a crypto fundamental, holyyyyyyy shizzzzz!??!?!?!?

Here is my fundamental: google crypto currency, count # of unique hits for each coin in first 100 hits, then have the crypto execution kill other coins. Repeat this cycle every six months.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:11:35 PM

My beloved PROSPERCOIN is alive i tell you alive..... And doing well slowly on poloniex.com stop scaring me lol

+1 we are kindred, peace to you and your offline wallet

XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:31:07 PM

The PROSPERCOIN wallet download link is broken. The coin will die unless someone fixes the link.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:37:27 PM

This is a great post, thanks!  I agree that most alt coins will wind up in the dustbin of history.  It is too bad there is no way to just shut them down.  Maybe if coinmarket cap will limit the number of coins it lists to 100 or something that will be a de facto sign of demise.

The key to a coin is not really technical innovation but rather building up an infrastructure around it.  People love to hate on Doge but the simple fact that this coin build up a community and infrastructure, despite, or maybe because, it was a joke has given it some staying power.  Not saying it will prevail, but it looks like a survivor, not because of that stupid dog but because people built sites to use it.  Something like Huntercoin with a game built into the client might work, if the developer team could figure out a way to scale things as more and more users join (which is probably going to kill HUC).

Good Luck!
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:54:33 PM

This is a great post, thanks!  I agree that most alt coins will wind up in the dustbin of history.  It is too bad there is no way to just shut them down.  Maybe if coinmarket cap will limit the number of coins it lists to 100 or something that will be a de facto sign of demise.

The key to a coin is not really technical innovation but rather building up an infrastructure around it.  People love to hate on Doge but the simple fact that this coin build up a community and infrastructure, despite, or maybe because, it was a joke has given it some staying power.  Not saying it will prevail, but it looks like a survivor, not because of that stupid dog but because people built sites to use it.  Something like Huntercoin with a game built into the client might work, if the developer team could figure out a way to scale things as more and more users join (which is probably going to kill HUC).

Good Luck!

Yes websites need to move zero volume dead coins to page two with a bunch of dead links

Exchanges need to have front-page and the cellar Smiley

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:55:27 PM

OP, so you are a day trader. And you want that coins that don't allow YOU to profit, just die...

I get it.

Speculators are just a small part of the crypto scene.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:57:42 PM

Someone will figure out how to make a fortune by killing altcoins, like the middlecoin model.

Me think.
TheSmo

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:02:22 PM

What blew me away is how pathetically worthless most of the coins on the list are. It is GAME OVER and most communities don't know it.

Sorry, but for this I don't need an analyzing tool. You see that when you check what they do and/or how most of the coins communicate. No surprise here.

but I don't get your "Game Over" statement... ppl have to play around with it, learn from failures of others before they come up with really better concepts.. so where is your problem?
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:03:06 PM

I sold out of alt-coins a while back when I saw the inevitable collapse.

Cryptogenic bullion .67 cents, I lost $100 bucks on this coin. This coin deserves to die anyway because you have the creator making it out to seem like it is different than all the garbage.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389070.msg5114725#msg5114725

Don't all creators do that?  $100?  OMG...OMG...OMG.
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:10:50 PM

What blew me away is how pathetically worthless most of the coins on the list are. It is GAME OVER and most communities don't know it.

Sorry, but for this I don't need an analyzing tool. You see that when you check what they do and/or how most of the coins communicate. No surprise here.

but I don't get your "Game Over" statement... ppl have to play around with it, learn from failures of others before they come up with really better concepts.. so where is your problem?

I have no problem. However, alt speculation is a constant pump and dump joke where people actually believe in their silly holy grails of cryptology.

1. Don't get emotional about your fave coin
2. be able to walk away when it is clearly dead
3. Stop believing and trumpeting that some magic crypto wizard feature  is gonna one day convert the masses
4. If you are purely a scammer well then maybe you feel smug as you look at the graveyard of coins you have pumped and dumped, to these people, rot in hell
5. For all normal humans just have fun and don't take this crypto craziness too seriously

Peace Smiley

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:24:33 PM

uhhhhhh Litecoin was the first scrypt based coin.. none other existed to hate on.
In contrast i posted July 13th 2013 in this forum a joke coin i never actually made called BunnyCoin = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258208.msg2753177
What is funny is the description i used 8 months back is the same as what Doge coin is !
and the fact that it was such a common on goin *aggravating issue a year ago should tell ya something.. if not people are brain dead blind delusional Doge Tards..

and OP your on the money i think.. i agree !

these other guys (or girls) mouthing you off are spreading the usual crap.. ohhh your just jealous or your so mad lol
ya ya heard them all before.. changes nothing.
Your crappy shit scam coin clone is still a crappy shitty little scam coin clone.

Don't like the complaints ? Then quit making them and quit supporting them and quit begging for pools and quit asking for them to be added to exchanges.

Closest thing i think that match's what you asked for would be BCX maybe ? he has taken some coins to their knee's lol

But what we need to do is hunt down the coin cloners and beat their ass.. that might help  Grin
I hope to god all fanboys of Doge coin etc lose all their money.. they deserve it.

and my fav is hey don't take it too seriously after all it's just money.. and the threat of jail time etc etc LOLOL
tell that to the guys arrested by the FBI from LocalBitcoins in Florida last week or the many people who have lost vast amounts of money.
Every time some coin cloner said that to me before as his excuse why he made a shit coin i wanted to punch him the fucking face hahaha

FUD first & ask questions later™
tontsa74

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:29:50 PM

it's so much easier make crypto compared fiat Wink
Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:30:48 PM

Cryptogenic bullion .67 cents, I lost $100 bucks on this coin. This coin deserves to die anyway because you have the creator making it out to seem like it is different than all the garbage.

Seems to me that you are mad that you bought at the wrong point in time and didn't have the nerves or patience to hold until buy-in price is reached again. I don't know how many times I lost $100 through a coin going down, such is life. Cgb is far from dead and will rise again. Not many coins out there are so mature and have such low inflation and maintenance cost. Now would be a good time to buy back in, you will not regret it  Cheesy
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:42:18 PM

Seems to me that you are mad that you bought at the wrong point in time and didn't have the nerves or patience to hold until buy-in price is reached again. I don't know how many times I lost $100 through a coin going down, such is life. Cgb is far from dead and will rise again. Not many coins out there are so mature and have such low inflation and maintenance cost. Now would be a good time to buy back in, you will not regret it  Cheesy

Yeah I like CGB, I would mine that before doge. Got me some CGB sitting in a wallet just maturing... what does doge have? Yeah nothing more than what I can get with 50 other coins minus all the dickheadedness from the community.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: