Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:44:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:44:48 PM

Definitely! It will be asking information and then you might end up assuming that it's part of the process but it's how you lose your money. So be safe! Read reviews and look information before trusting any wallet. Some sites might be a pony.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 02:54:12 PM

It is correct that if you choose the wrong wallet, you will not get any coin as every company mention that which wallet is required to get their coins. Many of ICO's use ERC20 wallets and some ask their wallet to download to get coins. You have to follow the instructions as prescribed in their campaign so you can get coins in the correct wallet.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:15:41 PM

I think this can totally happen. Especially those who participate in electronic money. When you send the wrong wallet address. Your computer virus-free. When it you to lose money.
kingdomofhearts

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:44:46 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

For sure it is possible. Especially those people who are giving away their keys. That's why you have to be very very careful in giving out your information, especially from "Free" stuff.
jlew079

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:50:35 PM

Yes. Why not. This will can totally happen because now there are so many fake sites and scammers. So anytime can happen this. But we can protect our tokens by using these things,

1. Using a good wallet ( There are so many wallets. So actually, it is very difficult to find which is the best wallet. I think if you can buy hardware wallet. It's really worthy for you )

2. Don't log phishing sites. You can put metamask into your web browser and keep your private keys and other things.

I think these are the main things to do to protect our tokens from hackers.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:42:42 AM

You must really carefully sometimes wallet with good reputation still can get stolen but for me i will never use new wallet its very high risk.
vladaziya4

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:48:31 AM

Yes, it is always possible. Problems can consist of competitors who also want to make their crypto currency into circulation, so it is difficult.  Cool But you can earn a lot of money on the crypt, work is work, but this crypt is a hobby from which you get great pleasure.  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
citydragoon

Activity: 173

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:40:13 AM

As I know there are not wrong wallets on the cryptomarket. But there is a high possibility of your mistake which will be more harmful for your monay in the case of loss.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Genosx

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:08:46 PM

Yes of course, you can lose your coins by choosing a wrong wallet because nowadays there are a lot of scammers that spread out in this field of business and industry to do their own aims which is bad. 
terencio

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:05:10 PM

The chances is very high  you will get phished and you won't recover your alts or btc anymore. I am still using MEW and Metamask, I've been  using MEW for 3 years and seems no problem but bookmark the page and download metamask.

vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:03:41 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130
Should they gain access to the exclusive important in that case your coin may be misplaced. in addition I recently verify the web link and also I could start to see the key variation among their particular finances, as well as the thus referred to as 'traditional wallet', could be the purchase payment that has been suggested is surprisingly low inside their very own circumstance as well as other finances are usually decorated being large. I am going to want to discover how to lower their particular purchase payment and also carry out they've got the best purchase payment away from almost all accessible finances. they're essential and lastly, I do believe you need to be cautious inside contemplating fresh finances without people evaluate.
lonlonmarlon

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:05:32 PM

Yes we have a chance to lose your coins because of the wrong wallet or scam wallet i suggest to you and to others choose a legit wallet or a good wallet to your coins.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:07:37 PM

Definitely. Specially if they don't have somehow assurance or at least proof that they're untouchable or ultra-secure. Try to find a wallet site that mainly focuses on being online wallets or try to find paper or offline wallets. Best be safe than have your tokens wiped without you knowing.

ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:08:42 PM

Yes we have a chance to lose your coins because of the wrong wallet or scam wallet i suggest to you and to others choose a legit wallet or a good wallet to your coins.

the possibility of loss is quite large, the problem is that the current market situation is difficult to control. so we also need to be careful in choosing a wallet not to make mistakes

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jonnitor

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:17:00 PM

mew wallet now are safe, but very careful in handling your private keys. also avoid entering phishing sites. but if you want to have another wallet aside from what is commonly used, then be very careful, be at your own risk.
qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:17:59 PM

Yes, you can lose your money by using untrusted wallet.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

The rule for any coin is that if anybody else gets access to your private key(s) can steal your money.
The private key is the "thing" that makes the blockchain recognize the rightful owner of the money and will allow the user to spend.
Like almost everything in IT, the private key can be copied and both you and the "hacker" will have the key. The first one that spend the money "wins".

Now, a wallet normally has access to the private keys to allow you to spend. If the ones that have built the wallet had bad intentions, the private keys will be sent over the internet to them.
That's why I recommend only wallets with source code people can review, wallets already proven to be legit.

Edit: TL;DR; Yes, you can. Easily.

I agree with you and I will continue to share this reply to everyone in this forum.

And the essence of all that is to be careful about your personal key being known by others.
dubynin.ilya

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:39:14 AM

I don't trust the new wallets, I will not say that they are bad, just once again fear, when the wallet is gaining popularity and they fixed all the initial bugs I will use this wallet, if he is really good and safe.
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 11:08:21 AM

I think you can lose money by choosing a wrong wallet. I am using myetherwallet and I didn't have any problems with it.

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
Obolo

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 11:25:09 AM

Even the best online wallets can easily be hacked if you play careless with your private keys how much more cjoosing a wrong wallet. You will easily loose your funds through hacking. It is best to choose reputable and legit wallets to keep your funds safe and secured.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: