Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:35:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:39:27 PM

Life is all about risk taking and Yes you can lose coins by choosing the wrong wallet and its something which always happen to cryptocurrency investors. That is why it's better you take your time and consult experts after you had read more about the coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:44:24 PM

Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet
Yes you can easily lose your coins by using a wrong wallet. I'll trust only those that are established for years and has built their reputation.

or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?
They can as long as it's on their platform, your private keys are saved to them and they are the ones that are giving it.

It's on their database, I'll stay away with new services and wouldn't trust any of them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:55:36 PM

if you provide your private or they provide you with private then it is easy to lose your coin, once any one get's access to your private and it is a game over for you and there is nothing you can do about it again. Just stay safe.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
pendong101

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:04:08 PM

Yes if someone got access to your private key, the existing wallet doesn't have issues but if you register in a wrong site, phishing site well for sure you'll lose all your coins
kulsuma

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 03:27:02 AM

Yes. You can loose your entire coins while choosing wrong wallets. So, be careful to use an wallet and gather details knowledge before you choose the one.
ppppph35

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:52:46 AM

This is for sure. If you choose the wrong wallet, your cryptocurrency may be stolen, or the specified coin will be sent to the specified wallet. After the wrong operation, your coin is very likely to be lost....
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:08:23 AM

See, wallet is not you can take for granted. Your wallet is very crucial to you. Wrong wallet? If you choose wrong wallet, there is tendency that you lose your coin when it is being shared.  Take a good care of your wallet and most especially, your wallet private key
You are the one who handles your wallet and you should choose the right wallet because if not you can lose your earnings from it. Save on your own the private key for no one can access and for you not to forget your account. Many are having problem because of forgot private key which cannot recoverable.

abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:12:39 AM

You may surely loose your coin if you are storing in a centralized wallet. You are absolutely free if it’s a kind of wallet that provide you the privates key.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
CottonGuy

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:12:54 AM

There's a possibility that you could lose your money. It really depends on the wallet. There are some wallets that are made to scam people's money. You need to use trusted and secure wallet. I wouldn't compromise my crypto using a new launched wallet into cryptospace. Do some research about it and the people behind working that wallet to secure your funds.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:59:16 AM

Not every wallet software is safe, not all developers build software for the community, use unsecured wallet software or hackers, that may lose bitcoin and altcoin!
Should use the software has been evaluated and open source!
Freewallet

Activity: 552
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 07:37:11 AM

They might charge you insane transaction fees like freewallet.

We appreciate if you could refer to specific cases and transactions when unreasonably high fees were charged by Freewallet.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
GaryGadoot

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:15:11 AM

Yes you can lose your coin if you chose wrong wallet. That’s why you need to chose a great wallet which is easy to use and also safe. As far as i know hardware wallets are the best wallet.
Gorodcoin

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:19:58 AM

Its possible to loose your coins by choosing wrong wallet, its better to hold them on the coin's official wallet or (which is not good thing) on the exchange
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:21:25 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130
The title looks slightly misleading here because you were asking about the recomendation about some wallet do you can ask that directly.
Anywy new wallets are highly risky to store our coins so you need to checks the feedback about the wallet before importing your coins into it.But it will be better to choose their official wallet for that coin or just use hardware wallets for better security.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:25:03 AM

If you attempt to send your coin to a wrong wallet i.e for instant, sending ether to litecoin wallet; you will lose your coin forever if you that. Before sending any cryptocurrency, you must be sure that recepient wallet is the same with sending wallet!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:04:28 AM

There is no right or wrong wallet. It all depends how well protected it is. The security is at stake when someone gets hold of the private key number. So, we need to be careful that not to let anyone get a hold on that number, and for the owner of the wallet, it is advised to memorize the number.
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 11:10:21 AM

Of course yes. You will lose your coin if you send like your waves coin to another wallet that dies not support waves.
You loose the coin automatically.
There's no recovery measures yet in place , sadly.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:17:45 AM

Yes, you can lose all your coin. You need to be very careful while storing your coins in your wallet. You should use hardware wallet as they are most safe and cannot be hacked.
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:07:23 PM

The only reason that the coins are in danger is when the private key wallet number is exposed to someone else. This number is the very reason which makes the wallet secure. If someone with the intention of extracting the coins get the number, only then the coins in the wallet will be at risk. So, we should keep the number in a safe place.
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:09:39 PM

a good wallet is very important in cryptocurrency cause you are storing your all assets on it so yes you can have to face a big loss if you can't choose the right wallet , another important thing is your private keybof that you must know how to operate this thing it is the thing which protect your coin from the hackers
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: