Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:00:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e ACCOUNT Suspended and IP Banned  (Read 4469 times)
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:25:47 PM

I have a lot more respect for BTC-e after skimming this.  Seems to me that they did pretty much everything right, and I'm sure that support was tearing their hair out dealing with someone so clueless.  Been there, done that, but thankfully it was a loooong time ago.

Yeah i guess im clueless after reading a few threads were someone on skype with the same username would ask for people's emails AND passwords...

Sounded to me like the support guy wanted to set up a quick throw-away e-mail account.  The advantage of this would be that if your real e-mail account was compromised (highly likely) then the attacker would have some work to intercept messages sent through the new one.

Or that specific representative is trying to scam customers?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:29:45 PM

I have a lot more respect for BTC-e after skimming this.  Seems to me that they did pretty much everything right, and I'm sure that support was tearing their hair out dealing with someone so clueless.  Been there, done that, but thankfully it was a loooong time ago.

Yeah i guess im clueless after reading a few threads were someone on skype with the same username would ask for people's emails AND passwords...

Sounded to me like the support guy wanted to set up a quick throw-away e-mail account.  The advantage of this would be that if your real e-mail account was compromised (highly likely) then the attacker would have some work to intercept messages sent through the new one.

Or that specific representative is trying to scam customers?

Just like the actions of a heart surgeon are similar in principle to those of a slasher I suppose.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
awas (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:06:26 PM

I guess we will wait and see. I will keep everyone updated. I trust them to get it back to me but not 100%. I have to wait an X amount of days for security measures.
awas (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:05:49 PM

so my email was changed, should I worry about that at all? Or just sit around and wait. I just don't know if I will get my money back, they wanted me to wait a certain amount of days. I feel like whoever is controlling the account will just wait till the lock is removed from the account and then withdraw..ugh
wolaskow

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:59:02 PM

awas, do you have any news about your btc-e account already?
I have similar problem from 27th january, I've got only 2 messages from them after I reported hacker attack.
First one that my account is blocked, and after 2hours second one that "Withdrawal has been confirmed with your mail" ;/, which means probably hacker stole all my money.

Unbelievable how this "support" work's, this is far away from normal standards. I sent several tickets, without any answer, they just clean all this tickets and put it to the one ticket...I have no idea how long I have to wait or, do they do anything with my problem...
awas (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:42:15 PM

So apparently i've been talking to btc-e.support on skype but the real one is supposed to be support.btc-e??? OR am i wrong. Someone help
armanfaraz

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:44:50 PM

None of them is real now, if they were to be then u could found them on their support page. There was but not anymore. There was this guy who tried to scam me, not knowing i have a background in pentesting, i exposed him here. And posted all my convo here. So submit a ticket is the safest way.
But again i have same problem they banned my account (since i myself is a victim of phishing site) they dont reply. If they want there site to be succsesful they need to improve their support system.
Also submit ticket in russian
awas (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:17:14 AM

Lost all hope. The person on skype contacted me today asking to deposit 50% of the amount I had in the account to verify I am the owner (he told me the amount that there was in the account so its not verifying anything). He has the account and just wants more money from me. I provided him with all kinds of info so in the end he got the account back from btc-e. Well played mate, stole all of my money and now im just a broke college student...Lets see what karma has in store for us...
renee25

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:32:36 AM

if someone ask for btc, most likely is a scammer. if they asked you to send a wire to your btc-e account to verify by way of their official helpdesk site, it could be legit. but for now the most important thing, is : did you format your computer and reinstall everything, and changed your mails password and setup 2FA?

Don't donate me: donate to nmc re-base development project.
awas (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:05:08 PM

still can't get over the fact that he was able to ban and suspend my account after i got it back through their ticket system. So then i provided all info like screens of my wallet. Goddamn crooks, stealing money. Have fun with all the coins i worked for, karma will get you.
awas (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:09:35 PM

beware the member above named "serotin" stole all of my money pretending to be btc-e support. Wouldnt have fell for it if he wasnt able to ban and suspend my account somehow.
awas (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:59:04 PM

His name is arcus isidar and he runs arcusgold.com . I think hes from ontario. I guess my best option is to contact FBI at this point.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:01:00 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 09:26:32 PM by Rawted

So apparently i've been talking to btc-e.support on skype but the real one is supposed to be support.btc-e??? OR am i wrong. Someone help
BTCe has no skype support anymore. Only their ticket system, twitter, and account here on the forums. Be very careful connecting to people via skype for any Bitcoin related business.
sinx13

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:11:38 PM

If you search on google then you can see he is a somewhat known scammer in some areas.

He is selling runescape gold... Thats like a big "scammer" tatooted on his nose.
awas (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:30:52 PM

yeah i know, he was impersonating btc-e but I just dont know how he was able to ban my ip and suspend my account. Anyways, I guess the only option is to involve authorities and provide them with as much info about him as possible. If anyone knows anything else about him or whats the best way to go about it, let me know.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: