Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex - Next generation exchange (btc/ltc/eac/ppc/rdd/ftc/and more)  (Read 167596 times)
dr blowfin

Activity: 186
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:16:20 PM

I'm in UK, been changed from legacy to new account status with no withdrawal allowed same as others here.
Basic verification failed (instantly as expected) don't want to jump through "enhanced" hoops as no reason to trust them with sensitive documentation.
They have changed terms and conditions with no warning and have basically stolen my holdings.
That's the fourth exchange to steal from me if I don't get access to what they are holding from me.
Interestingly the police here recently contacted me regarding the Mintpal court case asking for all my account  details - supposedly to help provide  prosecution evidence.
Good luck to all to get your funds back.

Same here, my account was changed from 'legacy' to 'new' without prior notice and basic verification does not work.   Looks like they want to force me to send the documents or I will lose my money.
Slack invitation link has been limited to Enhanced verification with documents too.
This is some major bullshit.  (waiting for the reply to support ticket)

Should we consider a group law suit or something?

I'm done with this exchange, DO NOT USE BITTREX.

Also from the UK. They are holding onto over 3 BTC of my money. Have given them all documents asked for which I am not happy about at all. Count me in for any law suit.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:28:18 PM

I used to have a bittrex legacy account. Bittrex asked me to do basic verification and I did input some blah blah name.
Well, now my account status is suddenly 'new' (instead of 'legacy') and I can't withdraw any coins. And I can't I redo the basic verification process.
Would it be stupid to start an enhanced verification process? Because my name is different than the one I did input in the basic verification process. Or what should I do?

You should ask support to reset basic info. Otherwise you will not be able to pass EV automatically.

Nobody isn't answering me about resetting the basic info. Has anyone had any luck phoning Bittrex?

This is where I'm at as well. Basic verification failed instantly, maybe because I'm outside the U.S? (I entered my correct info but left off the unrequired info). I'm waiting for a response asking to have basic reset and I will enter the unrequired info with that hopefully working. I don't trust doing the EV with sensitive ID only to have it fail and be in the same position. I also don't need a 100BTC withdrawal. I simply want ONE withdrawal to get my funds off the exchange. Basic Verification will suffice.
bbcoin

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:40:11 PM

I used to have a bittrex legacy account. Bittrex asked me to do basic verification and I did input some blah blah name.
Well, now my account status is suddenly 'new' (instead of 'legacy') and I can't withdraw any coins. And I can't I redo the basic verification process.
Would it be stupid to start an enhanced verification process? Because my name is different than the one I did input in the basic verification process. Or what should I do?

You should ask support to reset basic info. Otherwise you will not be able to pass EV automatically.

Nobody isn't answering me about resetting the basic info. Has anyone had any luck phoning Bittrex?

This is where I'm at as well. Basic verification failed instantly, maybe because I'm outside the U.S? (I entered my correct info but left off the unrequired info). I'm waiting for a response asking to have basic reset and I will enter the unrequired info with that hopefully working. I don't trust doing the EV with sensitive ID only to have it fail and be in the same position. I also don't need a 100BTC withdrawal. I simply want ONE withdrawal to get my funds off the exchange. Basic Verification will suffice.

Exactly. This one final transfer should be an option for everyone BEFORE they make the changes. They should send an email saying 'you have 7 days to withdraw your funds or you will be forced to supply documents'

They decided to force it onto users... Well let's show them you can't treat people like that.

Basic verification is not going to work for anyone outside US because how could they access public records in the UK ?
It will force you to use Enhanced verification with photographs and ID.
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:44:06 PM

BASIC verification fails immediately for everyone as far as I can tell from this thread. So far no one has come forward and stated their account was re-opened to withdrawals after submitting this bs basic verification info.

[tinfoilhat]

It's almost as if they are working with someone who wishes to have photos and ID's of everyone trading crypto on bittrex.

[/tinfoilhat]
bbcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:45:10 PM

Not to mention all the problems started right when BTC reached all time high... Interesting huh ?

What if we do the support  'Request to close account'  thing?

Will they be forced to send us the remaning BTC?
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:53:50 PM

ok, just confirmed my uncertainity. the blocking of accounts and slow verification is based on geolocation of the documents you upload.

i just received enhanced verification in 5 mins with Austrian documents.

never received a verification with Ukrainian documents. so Ukraine is on a ban list. Undecided seems Bittrex received a visit from US Government.

I am from the United States and I'm having problems too.  But, I do believe they are working with the US government because of the regional thing that happened during the first phase of this incident.  I am pretty sure they are now using analytic software that is pegging any transactions that had connections to those addresses established to be accounts in those sanctioned countries ---> not anonymous anymore when they get your name and untangle the ledger!
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:56:28 PM

BASIC verification fails immediately for everyone as far as I can tell from this thread. So far no one has come forward and stated their account was re-opened to withdrawals after submitting this bs basic verification info.

[tinfoilhat]

It's almost as if they are working with someone who wishes to have photos and ID's of everyone trading crypto on bittrex.

[/tinfoilhat]

it is really horrible to provide such thing. i thought about it and decided to do it because i want to be able to take me coins out.
bbcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:02:02 PM

I'd rather lose my money than provide Documents to unverified private company who will then... What... Sell, store, hand over to government of the US ? Who knows ?

This is extortion and we should really think about a lawsuit. Extortion.
Essentially they are forcing documents or you will never see your money again. You can't do that. Not without notice.
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:06:34 PM

[tinfoilhat]

[/tinfoilhat]

it is really horrible to provide such thing. i thought about it and decided to do it because i want to be able to take me coins out.

Personally I don't trust this site enough to have them holding ALL my personal details. If they're not going to process any of the Basic accounts then why go through the fiasco of asking for that information in the first place? Why not post an announcement a couple of weeks prior to these changes and allow anyone who doesn't wish to hand over peronal info to an anonymous company the time to withdraw their funds and move on? It's theft, imo.

Seems not many remember what brought about the invention of Bitcoin in the first place.
bbcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:13:01 PM

[tinfoilhat]

[/tinfoilhat]

Personally I don't trust this site enough to have them holding ALL my personal details. If they're not going to process any of the Basic accounts then why go through the fiasco of asking for that information in the first place? Why not post an announcement a couple of weeks prior to these changes and allow anyone who doesn't wish to hand over peronal info to an anonymous company the time to withdraw their funds and move on? It's theft, imo.

Seems not many remember what brought about the invention of Bitcoin in the first place.

I will seriously start using Bitsquare or Bisq as they name themselves. Fuck public exchanges.
akamit

Activity: 1470
Merit: 595

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:26:01 PM

Really, there in nothing we can do against Bittrex? Day by day, the list is getting bigger & bigger with complains.
Normally we can see peoples takes actions against low amount scammers, but what is happening now?
There is no satisfactory actions against THE BIG WHALE SCAMMER bittrex. It seems they will exist with successful scams very soon.

This is the time to prevent them, otherwise it will be very late to do something against them.
It is useless if police comes after the crime happens. But in this case authority can prevent before they run away.
bbcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:36:32 PM

Really, there in nothing we can do against Bittrex? Day by day, the list is getting bigger & bigger with complains.
Normally we can see peoples takes actions against low amount scammers, but what is happening now?
There is no satisfactory actions against THE BIG WHALE SCAMMER bittrex. It seems they will exist with successful scams very soon.

This is the time to prevent them, otherwise it will be very late to do something against them.
It is useless if police comes after the crime happens. But in this case authority can prevent before they run away.

Just a matter of how many users they manage to piss off I guess, I will wait a few more days to see how this evolves.

If issues are not sorted out I will start contacting other users from the UK and will ask around lawyers who would want to get involved in group/class action lawsuit.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 05:44:13 PM

Just a matter of how many users they manage to piss off I guess, I will wait a few more days to see how this evolves.

If issues are not sorted out I will start contacting other users from the UK and will ask around lawyers who would want to get involved in group/class action lawsuit.

Two things:

1)  This has been developing for a few months in phases ---> it's not new.

And,

2)  If this is a joint action, which it appears to be, between the US government and Bittrex, then I don't know if there's a whole lot that can be done to prevent it ---> Quantum computing will insure that the bitcoin protocol is obsolete before a lawsuit is settled if the US government is involved.
dr blowfin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:45:13 PM

I just spoke to a friend who has a balance of over $100k (all alts).
His account is EV and he wasn't aware of any of these issues.
He just successfully withdrew some coins as a test after I told him about the issues I was having.
Not all users are affected here. There is still some hope.

Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:51:00 PM

Same here,thay are forcing me to uploads scans.Bittrex is writing that thay are regulated by several us regultors,but thay dont specify which one thay make his changes without any prior notification.Thay write that thay are not regulated by SEC becouse thay dont list securities thay list only utility tokens,big joke

Thay list tether under $ token,to avoid regulation and banking.Bitfinex/Tether is pure security altough it is fraud and ponzi scheme vehicle with anonymous offshore account in Panama

For me is to much,i am going to write sec and fbi and some others regulators
I am EU member,in EU there is law any financial service has to inform his customers via email  2 moths before any changes occur and give it the time to close acconts remove funds

Write to sec fbi and notify them about tether,thay will have good reason to audit bittrex,poloniex

Here you have link to twitter https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed he did great job and he has all kind of info about tether/bitfinex fraud

Bitfinex offshore https://opencorporates.com/companies/pa/810263

Very good article Bitfinex,Bittrex,Poloniex

http://www.ofnumbers.com/2017/11/09/a-note-from-bob-on-the-transparency-of-tether/

I will try my luck with those adresses https://www.sec.gov/whistleblower/submit-a-tip

https://tips.fbi.gov/

https://www.sec.gov/advocate/investor-advocate-contact.html

More people will write to regulators,better,but dont be anonymous in your messege or just cry on SM and wait for Bittrex mercy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bbcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:53:02 PM

He just successfully withdrew some coins as a test after I told him about the issues I was having.

This is EXACTLY the problem. Bittrex tries to FORCE everyone to have Enhance Verification and if you don't want to do that then you may lose your money because there is no other option to withdraw.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 05:54:55 PM

He just successfully withdrew some QTUM and XRP as a test after I told him about the issues I was having.

There is no hope!

It's happening in phases.  I was also able to withdraw last week.  But, then I made another deposit a few days back and tried to withdraw and I was denied.  My trade didn't even get covered so I was only trying to withdraw exactly what I deposited.  I even told them that I would like to close my account and withdraw my funds ---> they said nope ---> So, I gave them everything they asked for Enhanced Verification and they still wouldn't let me withdraw.
dr blowfin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:00:29 PM

This is EXACTLY the problem. Bittrex tries to FORCE everyone to have Enhance Verification and if you don't want to do that then you may lose your money because there is no other option to withdraw.

Yeah, I am really pissed that I've had to dox myself but for the amount at stake I don't have a lot of choice.

tommyj11

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:06:38 PM

Same here,thay are forcing me to uploads scans.Bittrex is writing that thay are regulated by several us regultors,but thay dont specify which one thay make his changes without any prior notification.Thay write that thay are not regulated by SEC becouse thay dont list securities thay list only utility tokens,big joke

Thay list tether under $ token,to avoid regulation and banking.Bitfinex/Tether is pure security altough it is fraud and ponzi scheme vehicle with anonymous offshore account in Panama

For me is to much,i am going to write sec and fbi and some others regulators
I am EU member,in EU there is law any financial service has to inform his customers via email  2 moths before any changes occur and give it the time to close acconts remove funds

Write to sec fbi and notify them about tether,thay will have good reason to audit bittrex,poloniex

Here you have link to twitter https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed he did great job and he has all kind of info about tether/bitfinex fraud

Bitfinex offshore https://opencorporates.com/companies/pa/810263

Very good article Bitfinex,Bittrex,Poloniex

http://www.ofnumbers.com/2017/11/09/a-note-from-bob-on-the-transparency-of-tether/

I will try my luck with those adresses https://www.sec.gov/whistleblower/submit-a-tip

https://tips.fbi.gov/

https://www.sec.gov/advocate/investor-advocate-contact.html

More people will write to regulators,better,but dont be anonymous in your messege or just cry on SM and wait for Bittrex mercy

im a european citicent to, both my account got disabled. bittrex support = MIA

Depending on why your account is disabled, you may be eligible to have your account automatically enabled after 48 hours.

Possible reasons your account may be disabled:

You requested that your account get disabled
We suspected your account was hacked and disabled it for you
You attempted to verify your account with an identification document that has already been used
Your account was involved in irregular trading activity
You violated the Bittrex terms of service
How do I qualify to auto enable my disabled account?

Account value must be below 0.5 BTC
Your account must be Basic or Enhanced Verified
You must have disabled your own account by clicking the link in one of the emails Bittrex sends

one of my accouts contain less than $500, i was able to withdraw most of the funds before it got disbled, according to the statment i should be able to enable my account by my self since the value is less than $1000, well so i thought.

this will be the end of bittrex as we know it
a-zimmerer

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:07:02 PM

Had my LEGACY Account everything worked fine.
Then without warning the account was turned into a NEW account with 0.025 BTC limit.
After 3 weeks limit dropped down to 0. Now I can't withdraw anything.

They also changed their FAQ page. Limit on NEW accounts are 0 now before 0.025 BTC
I don't think they can't just change their terms without giving everybody
a heads up.

Support just says If I want my money I have to do the extended verification process.
As fare as I know BASIC verification only works with US citizens. Basically everybody
outside US has to send a copy of their ID to them. It's ridiculous

I'm in UK, been changed from legacy to new account status with no withdrawal allowed same as others here.
Basic verification failed (instantly as expected) don't want to jump through "enhanced" hoops as no reason to trust them with sensitive documentation.
They have changed terms and conditions with no warning and have basically stolen my holdings.
That's the fourth exchange to steal from me if I don't get access to what they are holding from me.
Interestingly the police here recently contacted me regarding the Mintpal court case asking for all my account  details - supposedly to help provide  prosecution evidence.
Good luck to all to get your funds back.

Same here, my account was changed from 'legacy' to 'new' without prior notice and basic verification does not work.   Looks like they want to force me to send the documents or I will lose my money.
Slack invitation link has been limited to Enhanced verification with documents too.
This is some major bullshit.  (waiting for the reply to support ticket)

Should we consider a group law suit or something?

I'm done with this exchange, DO NOT USE BITTREX.

Same here. This is ridiculous. EGACY Users should have the possibility to withdraw there coins and then close their accounts.
Bittrex is changing their TERMS on weekly basis. There should have been an announcement with a date. Everybody could
have withdraw if they are not happy with the new TERMS now I am stuck. BASIC verify is okey for me I don't need extended.
Problem is I am not from US so my ONLY possibility is to do the extended verify. It's ridiculous

BITTREX give all LEGACY users the possibility to withdraw their funds until end of year. That would be perfectly fine for me
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: