Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:50:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 1.0BTC gold/silver 1oz 2013 Casascius & mint-condition bearer bar  (Read 1542 times)
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 04:46:27 PM

Any interest?

I've always seen the Casascius coins as a sort of hedge against the greater bitcoin market.

As BTC/fiat rises, it causes the Casascius coin to lose BTC value but still grow in fiat value.
And as BTC/fiat falls, the Casascius coin grows in BTC value while softening the effect on it's fiat value.

Agreed, the best time to sell physicals is when the btc/usd price is low, you get more Btc premium. But try peeling it when BTC is at $50k, it's a hard decision. I just buy them and keep them for my kids. Literally it's Bitcoin I'll probably never sell. I might be interested, will hit you back in a couple days if still available.

Thats my thought too - but i have more than one coin from the gilt series (they are unbelievably gorgeous) and could benefit from having more liquidity. having an entire bitcoin sealed like this is a big-fish collectible now, rather than something every bitcoiner wanted to have back in 2015.

Hence, finding the right buyer - this is an excellent candidate to get graded!

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

Activity: 438
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 05:21:24 PM

Any interest?

I've always seen the Casascius coins as a sort of hedge against the greater bitcoin market.

As BTC/fiat rises, it causes the Casascius coin to lose BTC value but still grow in fiat value.
And as BTC/fiat falls, the Casascius coin grows in BTC value while softening the effect on it's fiat value.

Agreed, the best time to sell physicals is when the btc/usd price is low, you get more Btc premium. But try peeling it when BTC is at $50k, it's a hard decision. I just buy them and keep them for my kids. Literally it's Bitcoin I'll probably never sell. I might be interested, will hit you back in a couple days if still available.

Thats my thought too - but i have more than one coin from the gilt series (they are unbelievably gorgeous) and could benefit from having more liquidity. having an entire bitcoin sealed like this is a big-fish collectible now, rather than something every bitcoiner wanted to have back in 2015.

I believe you should get your 1BTC silver graded. It genuinely would help with your sale in my opinion. Graded and slabbed coins typically seem to sell quicker from what I've noticed. Just something I happen to notice. I could be off but having it graded never hurts for selling purposes. Sure if the grade comes in low that hurts(however from the naked eye here your coin looks to be in excellent condition but that's just my guess as well) but it definitely allows for a potential buyer to know exactly what he/she is getting. As for the Bar it's a cool item but I don't know enough about them to even know if you can even grade those. That would be a question for a much more seasoned member here such as anonymousminer just for example. He does work for ICG and I've met him personally. He's a great guy! Good luck my friend!

iBHK8
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2019, 07:29:14 PM

I doubt it is possible to get a bearer bar graded. ANACS notes in their FAQ what they will grade and a bearer bar is outside their size limits. It is unreasonable to expect a grading service to produce a holder large enough for a bearer bar if they only wind up grading a few but I could be wrong.

iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 08:40:44 PM

I doubt it is possible to get a bearer bar graded. ANACS notes in their FAQ what they will grade and a bearer bar is outside their size limits. It is unreasonable to expect a grading service to produce a holder large enough for a bearer bar if they only wind up grading a few but I could be wrong.

Yeah not surprised to hear this. I don't think I've ever seen any graded bars but then again I've only seen a handful of them or so, so I just didn't know for sure. Thanks for clarifying.

iBHK8
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 12:36:37 AM

Any interest?

I believe you should get your 1BTC silver graded. It genuinely would help with your sale in my opinion. Graded and slabbed coins typically seem to sell quicker from what I've noticed. Just something I happen to notice. I could be off but having it graded never hurts for selling purposes. Sure if the grade comes in low that hurts(however from the naked eye here your coin looks to be in excellent condition but that's just my guess as well) but it definitely allows for a potential buyer to know exactly what he/she is getting. As for the Bar it's a cool item but I don't know enough about them to even know if you can even grade those. That would be a question for a much more seasoned member here such as anonymousminer just for example. He does work for ICG and I've met him personally. He's a great guy! Good luck my friend!

iBHK8

I've always planned to get a few of my coins graded when the vlaue made it worthwhile, but now that that time has come, it raises an entirely new difficulty in transporting/trusting several bitcoins in value to a courier or ANACS. Unfortunately, Canada does not have any services that are as reliable or use such nice slabs as ANACS

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 12:39:41 AM

In case anyone was on the fence due to the age of this post or questioning validity, here are some updated photos for proof.  Tongue

iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 02:44:35 AM

Any interest?

iBHK8

I've always planned to get a few of my coins graded when the vlaue made it worthwhile, but now that that time has come, it raises an entirely new difficulty in transporting/trusting several bitcoins in value to a courier or ANACS. Unfortunately, Canada does not have any services that are as reliable or use such nice slabs as ANACS

Fair enough. Makes sense across the board. Transporting and shipping are now huge issues to worry about and the added complications being in Canada well that's just a tough one. Beautiful coin and bar tho. Good luck with your sale. Hopefully you find a buyer!

iBHK8
Agrawas

Activity: 1736
Merit: 501

https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 03:07:31 AM

Any interest?

iBHK8

The best think to do is look for whitman’s coin show, they have one in Baltimore every quarter and Anacs does the onsite grading.. i usually get my coins graded there..

iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 08:32:28 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2020, 04:21:33 AM by iBitcoinHongKong8

Yeah not surprised to hear this. I don't think I've ever seen any graded bars but then again I've only seen a handful of them or so, so I just didn't know for sure. Thanks for clarifying.

iBHK8

only did a quick search, but this is the only "bar" I found that was graded.

By a Chinese grading company: http://www.hxpingji.com

I did find an ANACS slab with a tiny bar slabbed, but the size of the bar was comparable to a US penny....

With all due respect to the Chinese. They might grade random coins especially gold and whatnot but don't count on a graded Cas or anything similar from a Chinese company. And I'm about as pro Chinese as one can get without being Chinese. But when it comes to this stuff I wouldn't recommend it. If bars can't get graded then so be it. Like mentioned previously you're coin and your bar looks to be in as good of shape/condition as one could expect being the only holder since buying it from Mike C.

iBHK8
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 12:25:09 AM

getting back on topic, this coin (and bar) are still available!

gabecoin

Activity: 76
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 11:34:03 PM

getting back on topic, this coin (and bar) are still available!

sent you a dm Wink
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 01:49:04 AM

still looking for a buyer!

klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 03:45:31 AM

Believe it or not, BOTH of these items are still available for sale!

open to inquiries or offers. Both of these are tough to find items.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: