Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:28:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USD loan in BTC $500-$3000 12% annual rate  (Read 2617 times)
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 09:57:15 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2011, 12:31:42 AM by Littleshop

Something different.  I have a credit card loan that I am paying off and would be interested if it can be done through the bitcoin community.

I would take the loan and pay down the credit card. Each month I would pay 1/10 of the USD principle plus 1% interest payable in BTC at the rate at the time the payment is due.

Not sure if the community is ready for this yet, but if it was, all of the interest that is going to the bank would stay in the community and I would have a better rate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:47:39 PM

Are you asking for $500 or $3000 or just anything in between?

Still around.
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:49:34 PM

Anything in between.  Up to $3000 if multiple people.

fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 01:39:39 AM

You're seriously only paying 6% on credit card debt?
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 02:40:10 AM

No, I am paying more.  I will need to encure fees though to do the transaction such as possibly buying coins pay back loan.

fivebells

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 11:33:00 AM

What's the benefit of this arrangement?  Getting more bitcoins in circulation?
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 02:43:42 PM

What's the benefit of this arrangement?  Getting more bitcoins in circulation?

Me saving money.  My interest going into the community instead of to a big bank.

Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 09:46:13 PM

Boy I hate giving this money to Bank of America.  Sad

MaxSan

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 10:00:58 PM

id be happy to do it regularly when a bit mroe flush but the issue again is what kinda security do people have =/ can we gte your addres and security on your mining quipment or something? xD

Again, cant do right now, maybe in a years time id be up for this in return for miners as security hehe
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 10:16:26 PM

Half a point ain't much to offer someone for tying their money up for almost a year. It's barely above a national bank free savings account. That coupled with the risk and well...
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 10:21:12 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2011, 10:33:25 PM by bitleaker

Boy I hate giving this money to Bank of America.  Sad
Then why did you borrow it from them in the first place?

Considering the risks involved, I'll loan you the money but my rate won't be +0.5%. I'll consider +10%.
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 12:27:02 AM

Boy I hate giving this money to Bank of America.  Sad
Then why did you borrow it from them in the first place?

Considering the risks involved, I'll loan you the money but my rate won't be +0.5%. I'll consider +10%.

They were giving lines of credit when others were not!

The rate is .5% a month.  Why would I pay loan shark rates when I already have the loan?  I want to pay off the loan and pay less, not more!

fivebells

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 10:58:38 AM

id be happy to do it regularly when a bit mroe flush but the issue again is what kinda security do people have =/ can we gte your addres and security on your mining quipment or something? xD
  Yeah, there is no way I would do this without a fairly invasive financial audit and collateral which I could confidently sell for a substantial fraction of the loan amount.  I don't have BoA's collection capabilities and we are headed into hard times which will make default very tempting for a lot of people.  (Not saying I have any specific reason to suspect the OP is a substantial default risk, just that I am inexperienced and see this as a dangerous time to be a creditor.)
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 02:22:24 PM

Half a point ain't much to offer someone for tying their money up for almost a year. It's barely above a national bank free savings account. That coupled with the risk and well...

6% a year is many times the national savings bank rate. 

RandyFolds

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 06:12:25 PM

Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 06:28:47 PM

I am not sure what you are saying.  You are quoting half a point then saying a year.  It is half a point a month. 

RandyFolds

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 06:32:44 PM

I am not sure what you are saying.  You are quoting half a point then saying a year.  It is half a point a month. 

Aha...poor reading comprehension...that's me.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 06:44:03 PM

If you don't have success, try a prosper loan.  It's pretty easy to get a loan funded there, especially for debt consolidation.  I got a loan for $5k to buy a car that I wanted to fix and resell, got 11.5% interest rate (which wasn't too great, but was far better than my interest rates on the scammy credit cards I had), and it really worked well.  The loan was fully funded by peers in just 24 hours, and I had the money in the bank in 7 days.

They offer down to 6.5% interest now (I think the minimum was 9.5% or so when I got my loan), so the service is definitely maturing and getting stronger.  If you have good credit, you should be able to get close to that rate.  And the interest goes mostly to peer investors, not banks.

EDIT:  This wasn't the purpose of my post, but I just looked to see if they had a referral program, and they do.  So if you DO want to go the prosper route, let me know so I can get you a referral link.  It's $100 bonus for referring people, and I'd be willing to give you half of it if/when you sign up.
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 07:14:01 PM

If you don't have success, try a prosper loan.  It's pretty easy to get a loan funded there, especially for debt consolidation.  I got a loan for $5k to buy a car that I wanted to fix and resell, got 11.5% interest rate (which wasn't too great, but was far better than my interest rates on the scammy credit cards I had), and it really worked well.  The loan was fully funded by peers in just 24 hours, and I had the money in the bank in 7 days.

They offer down to 6.5% interest now (I think the minimum was 9.5% or so when I got my loan), so the service is definitely maturing and getting stronger.  If you have good credit, you should be able to get close to that rate.  And the interest goes mostly to peer investors, not banks.

EDIT:  This wasn't the purpose of my post, but I just looked to see if they had a referral program, and they do.  So if you DO want to go the prosper route, let me know so I can get you a referral link.  It's $100 bonus for referring people, and I'd be willing to give you half of it if/when you sign up.
I may try that next month.  I wanted the money to stay in this community but I also want to get it done too. 

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 07:18:00 PM

I may try that next month.  I wanted the money to stay in this community but I also want to get it done too. 
Sure, no problem.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: