Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I really need help, Having trouble with Bitcoin 0.4.0 after i configured with Gu  (Read 699 times)
jerid714 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 11:18:38 PM

Hello,
 So today i downloaded Bitcoin 0.4.0 (my system= windows 7 64x), right after i got guiminer-20110824.exe, from there i created my wallet password and all that. Then did this
Set Bitcoin client path
( Solo Utilites - Set Bitcoin client path)
Now GUIMiner aware of bitcoin client whereabouts.

If you never opened your bitcoin.conf and did not created user/password in it:
Set Bitcoin pass
( Solo Utilites - Create solo password)
Enter username and password.
GUIMiner will add them in bitcoin.conf

But when i open Bitcoin under the setting all it allows me to do is
your receiving address...
Change wallet encryption passphrase...
options...

there is nothing else in the settings tab

Also GUIMiner wont open ( i know that when you config it with Bitcoin that it does that but im just saying)

so yeah im stuck, also all blocks are downloaded i already received some bit coins from faucet (that happened once all blocks were downloaded and i started the process before it was but once all blocks were downloaded then the transfer came through)

i really want to start farming, and any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Someone please help the only way i can farm right now is Bitcoinplus.com...
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 12:39:34 PM

It sounds like what your are attempting to do is solo mine, which is completely impractical unless you have racks of mining servers.

What you will want to to is join a mining pool. Here is an explanation of how one works. You set up a user account on the pool, set up individual miner logins for your miner, and use those credentials in your mining software to connect. After you have earned Bitcoins, you can have them sent to your wallet address.

Bitcoin is completely unrelated to mining software. If you are having a problem with guiminer, one problem some users have had is that the program opens off-screen so you can't see it.

None of this matters if you don't have a high-end ATI video card to mine with - anything else is a waste of electricity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: