Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:22:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining alt with gaming laptop  (Read 195 times)
ch_mubarak (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:16:13 PM

I have an Alienware 17r4 laptop. I heard some coins like monero,bytecoin,doge... Can mine through our personal computer.is it really worth it if mine those with a gaming laptop.(nb: i never mined any coins before)
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:50:00 PM

Not recommended to mine altcoin with laptop there are many news about this issue before and it is bad for mining.
Look at this post https://steemkr.com/mining/@frek45/why-laptops-are-bad-for-mining-at-all

I suggest, if you want to mine altcoin better to build your own rig with open air so that you can take the hot out from the graphics card or CPU when mining.
ch_mubarak (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:56:18 PM

Not recommended to mine altcoin with laptop there are many news about this issue before and it is bad for mining.
Look at this post https://steemkr.com/mining/@frek45/why-laptops-are-bad-for-mining-at-all

I suggest, if you want to mine altcoin better to build your own rig with open air so that you can take the hot out from the graphics card or CPU when mining.
thnks for the ifo bro. i really appreciate it
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

I have an Alienware 17r4 laptop. I heard some coins like monero,bytecoin,doge... Can mine through our personal computer.is it really worth it if mine those with a gaming laptop.(nb: i never mined any coins before)
The laptop is not made for mining but if you want to know about mining, then try. And see what happens, if your mining uses Windows system in task manager performance up to 75% -100%(CPU USEGE). Do it for a week and see what will happen to your laptop processor paste, I'm sure it will dry out, so you should often replace the laptop paste processor, do you have time to replace the paste?
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:49:23 PM

Keep your great Alienware 17r4 just for gaming. If I were you, I'd never even think of mining with it. When you mine, your GPU goes through 100% stress all the time (24/7). Gaming laptops, even if they're of Alienware, should never be used for mining. There's a big difference in mobile version of GTX 1070 (which is used within Alienware 17r4) and in desktop's version of GTX 1070.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:24:11 PM

The laptop is not made for mining but if you want to know about mining, then try. And see what happens, if your mining uses Windows system in task manager performance up to 75% -100%(CPU USEGE). Do it for a week and see what will happen to your laptop processor paste, I'm sure it will dry out, so you should often replace the laptop paste processor, do you have time to replace the paste?
If you're purely GPU mining, which is the option that makes most sense if you're going to mine on a laptop, your CPU shouldn't be going up to 75-100% usage. There is some CPU power required to mine, but it won't be a lot especially on a fairly recent i7 in the 17R4.  Paste should be regularly replaced every few months for best temps, and you should also clean out the fans and vents for air on the laptop regularly, ideally with compressed air or a microfiber cloth.

It's not ideal to mine on a laptop, but it definitely is possible if you want to give it a try- the 17R4 has decent cooling and the mobile 1070 (nearly equivalent to the desktop 1070) should he decent for mining, but temps are going to be the big issue. Mining on a laptop isn't ideal, and you need to keep the GPU as cool as possible for long chip lifetimes and best mining performance.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:48:29 AM

I have an Alienware 17r4 laptop.
actually, you can do it but it isn't profitable.

your device is too valuable if used to mine, it will have a bit Hashrate and it can impact how much you can get the coin and of course, this can determine how much $$  you will get.

I suggest, don't do it.
Dzeronimo

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 10:09:38 PM

Other guys told you already, but it's worth repeating: Do not mine with your laptop. Yes, you can mine, and you will make some money but not enough to pay to repair your laptop after few months of constant heating. I guess that fan will die first.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:16:12 AM

The value of that laptop vs anything you could ever gain by mining with it makes it a very bad idea to use it for mining.  If you want to do some mining just to learn the process, for fun or for education, you could use almost any desktop made in the last 10 years and add a used $50 video card (if it doesn't have one already) just to experiment with. Depending on the desktop you may even be able to CPU mine with it and not have to buy a GPU at all.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:04:11 AM

The value of that laptop vs anything you could ever gain by mining with it makes it a very bad idea to use it for mining.  If you want to do some mining just to learn the process, for fun or for education, you could use almost any desktop made in the last 10 years and add a used $50 video card (if it doesn't have one already) just to experiment with. Depending on the desktop you may even be able to CPU mine with it and not have to buy a GPU at all.
Why buy a $50 card and/or a desktop to experiment with when you can just mine for a short time with your laptop to learn the ropes? It's fine to mine for short periods of time for educational purposes, but constant full load mining will cause parts to fail over time. After this, if you want to seriously consider mining, you can then buy parts for a standard mining rig.
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:27:21 AM

Mining with a laptop is not worth it.  Depending on what you're mining, mining with GPU's might not even be that profitable either.  Just keep using your laptop for gaming and if you own any POS coins, then just stake them on your laptop.
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:37:01 AM

Mining is not profitable at the moment on cpu or gpu.  If you want coins, just buy on the open market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: