Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:08:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BigTangle - decentralized cryptocurrency, payment, exchange, supply chain  (Read 761 times)
BigTangle (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:32:32 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 08:40:04 PM by BigTangle

BigTangle
Website
Whitepaper

The BigTangle is a decentralized cryptocurrency, payment, exchange, supply chain and e-commerce platform.

BigTangle is a cryptocurrency network with intrinsic token BIG extending the directed acyclic graph (DAG) architecture Tangle.
It combines feeless, low latency transactions with scalability and mining.
Through the use of industry standard big data technology (Spark, Kafka, etc.) in conjunction with the parallelizable Tangle architecture,
it is intended for nodes to run on computer clusters, removing single machine limitations.
BigTangle employs a Proof-of-Work-based DAG mining process to introduce inflation and network validation incentives.
The transaction consensus is achieved in a completely decentralized manner and does not rely on any centralized instances.
Finally, custom token self-issuances, also known as "Colored Coins", and smart contracts are supported to enable leveraging the network capabilities through a number of economic key use cases.

Properties

Fully feeless transactions
      Performing transactions only requires validation of other transactions plus very light Proof of-Work

Near infinite scalability
      Under the assumption of sufficiently powerful nodes, the Tangle base architecture can scale to near infinite transactions per second due to its asynchronous nature.

Low transaction confirmation time
      The transaction confirmation time scales logarithmically with the transaction throughput and stays in the range of seconds for millions of transactions per second.

Permissionless, trustless, decentralized
      Network participation is completely permissionless, resulting in a fully decentralized and trustless network.

~2% inflation per year
      Inflation through the mining process is (proposed to be) set to 2% of the initial total supply.

Low variance mining
      Due to the DAG structure, BigTangle moves away from the "winner-takes-it-all" mining of traditional blockchains.
      Instead, most of the honest transactions are rewarded through the mining process.

Custom token self-issuance
      BigTangle allows for custom issuance of tokens, e. g. any network participant can create new tokens that can be transferred.

UTXO model and Bitcoin's stack language Script
      BigTangle uses Bitcoin's Unspent Transaction Output (UTXO) model and their input / output scripts.
      This allows BigTangle to provide at least the same functionality as Bitcoin.

PoW hashing algorithm
      To prevent problems arising from light Proof-of-Work and specialized mining hardware, the Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm is considered.
      Do note however that this is not final and may be changed.

Extends Tangle base architecture
      BigTangle uses the DAG base architecture called Tangle.
      It is a DAG structure where every block references two previous blocks and confirms the validity of all (directly or indirectly) referenced blocks.

You can check out the white paper and a prototype feature test wallet on our website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deebosch

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

Evil Pool

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 06:35:35 PM

Where is a source?

BigTangle (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:42:28 PM

Where is a source?

We plan to release the source prior to the ico. Currently we are polishing and testing the code for release. The ico will probably take place in 1 to 2 months.
danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:37:09 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 07:40:16 PM by danspasiva

These are some mightily impressive features..  Looking forward to seeing the source code, as some of these supposed features have not yet been seen elsewhere.  Any updates you can share dev?
stan_btc

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 10:17:41 AM

Devs, anything new around this project  Huh
materazi

Activity: 694
Merit: 10

In Nervos we trust.

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:08:00 AM

Hello!
Do you need some Russian translation of yours ANN? Reserved if yes!
bitcoin10201

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:10:18 PM

Interesting blockchain technology, will read more about it.
magentarendro11

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:25:18 PM

just one more step to make this project more convincing, source, I am sure that a transaction that is fully decentralized and does not require a third party for that, will be very interesting and certainly has a very good level of security, waiting for the next update, I suggest making an announcement more interesting than this
Xalia

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:09:55 PM

Congratulations with the successful preICO. I expext that Populus tokens will be soon listed on Bitrex, thus the price will rocketing very soon. General project idea is great.
mrbanjo

Activity: 1134
Merit: 276

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:14:47 PM

Where is a source?

We plan to release the source prior to the ico. Currently we are polishing and testing the code for release. The ico will probably take place in 1 to 2 months.

It would be nice to run something like a bounty on a small part of the ond. Only increasing the community can give a result for the long term and advertising is exactly needed.
desi_translator2018
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:21:31 PM

RESERVED for HINDI translaion....

helloo admin.... can i translate ANN page and WHITE paper  to HINDI language ??

here is my portfolio.....
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TTRWTdF-VC71_TgP4dcsy6wH4BoL9cxB

waiting for your confirmation..... thank you....
BigTangle (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:00:48 AM

Sorry for the long silence, we have been working on the project and have updated the website with new information.
For those waiting for the source code, we are still working on it. Release will be soon!

We are now running an Airdrop to raise awareness in our project and increase the community. It works as follows:
You can participate via your WeChat account bound to your mobile phone number.
You will receive coins for participating and an equal amount of coins for successful referrals, so feel free to let others know of this program.
You can also use these coins in the Testnets that are running, so go ahead and try it out / offer feedback if you'd like.
Check it out here: https://medium.com/@big_tangle/bigtangle-airdrop-c84590aabdb0

Lastly, we plan on releasing several new Medium posts on our project's vision and mechanisms to improve understanding and awareness of the project.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Mrbee

Activity: 454
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:44:20 AM

Interesting! I have one question for you though, I don't quite understand how do I make money off of your project? Do I just purchase tokens and wait for the price to skyrocket? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm fairly new to all of this.
BigTangle (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:24:43 AM

RESERVED for HINDI translaion....

helloo admin.... can i translate ANN page and WHITE paper  to HINDI language ??

here is my portfolio.....
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TTRWTdF-VC71_TgP4dcsy6wH4BoL9cxB

waiting for your confirmation..... thank you....
Yes, you can go ahead. For anything else, you can PM us.

Interesting! I have one question for you though, I don't quite understand how do I make money off of your project? Do I just purchase tokens and wait for the price to skyrocket? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm fairly new to all of this.
Basically, you have three options:
1. Purchase tokens and wait as you said.
2. Run miners/nodes after MainNet release.
3. Promote BigTangle via the Airdrop program. By successfully referring participants, you will receive additional Airdrop rewards. See the previous post.
din_putr

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 11:48:40 AM

How to join airdrop ?
Silasa

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:06:31 PM

Great to hear! The devs are working hard on the background. Can't wait to see this project lift off. It has great potential
DeepestOnion

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:49:57 PM

Less than one page of thread after almost 2 months? Not a rocking start I would say. Does the BigTangle project still stand?
BigTangle (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:20:05 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 09:34:25 AM by BigTangle

How to join airdrop ?
Check out this link: https://medium.com/@big_tangle/bigtangle-airdrop-c84590aabdb0
Or check out our website.

wallet 0.3.0 does not work for me.
java.lang.RuntimeException: server erorr:No enum constant net.bigtangle.params.ReqCmd.askTransaction
I use JDK 8u182 and JRE 8u182, both did not make me success
Thanks for the report, we will look into it.
EDIT: 0.3.0 seems to be an outdated version. You can try the other version with 0.3.1 until the other zip is updated.

Less than one page of thread after almost 2 months? Not a rocking start I would say. Does the BigTangle project still stand?
I admit we might have been overzealous with the announcements. We were and are still working on the project, and we will continue working on it regardless of any current lack of public awareness.
BigTangle (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:35:04 AM

I tried to use 0.3.1 of bigtangle-wallet.bat, but I got the exception below.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.bigtangle.core.MessageSerializer.makeBlock(MessageSerializer.java:54)
        at net.bigtangle.ui.wallet.Main.main(Main.java:743)
        ... 11 more

Any initial arguments are required?

I didn't try bigtangle-bin.zip because the antivirus detects it's suspecious.

https://www.virustotal.com/ja/file/18a4ac4f872dc36cef896aa2caf97697202534ecf916b9c7b0ec917b6055e11e/analysis/1535472980/
Thanks again for the report.

The exception has been fixed, some user settings were missing.
Regarding the antivirus, we will see if we can sidestep the false-positives somehow.
AlanMilano

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:43:38 AM

The description of the almost limitless blockchain of BigTangle is interesting to me.
I need to step up to find out whether it is worth a look or not through the BigTangle source test.
Waiting for the source release of the project, keep the job well!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: