Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your thoughts on Privacy coins?  (Read 364 times)
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 04:25:01 AM

I personally like privacy coins, however I think governments around the world would like to take action against them if they're used too much
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:27:10 AM

Big fan of privacy coins. Can't really say what I think of them as an investment opportunities but the first thing I fell in love with crypto was the privacy aspect of some of them.
cryptowomba

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:30:54 PM

I think they will become valuable as with today's society we are losing more and more privacy.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:34:48 PM

I think there would be heavy regulations over privacy coins in coming time. Japan has already announced their concern against privacy coins and I think most the countries will follow the same route. Banks are already against cryptos because of the pseudonymous status, they will never going to accept the privacy coins with complete anonymity which are gaining popularity in darkweb.
sinachy

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:18:12 PM

For me I don't really like privacy coins because I believe the reason for blockchain is to develop something that will be transparent making people not to trust each other before dealing together, but with privacy coins, it hides everything, and anything hidden is not transparent, and I believe in the future regulations will go after privacy coins, it encourages a whole lot of negative activities.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 08:24:33 AM

IMHO there are no real privacy coins. They all can be counted and special services can understand what real transaction was. And IMHO pure private coins are bad for the crypto world image. And why for example in BTC everyone can see every transaction?

cryptowomba

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:55:57 PM

I think they will be an important part of the ecosystem, just right now they are struggling to find their uses. Privacy is something that is very important to a lot of people, and so there will always be a demand for it.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:01:14 PM

Privacy coins are double edged sword.
It does makes our transaction safe and secure from prying eyes while it also flourishes illegal businesses, eases money laundering and ransoming.
I'm talking about monero. Other so called privacy coins are useless.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:06:53 PM

In my opinion, privacy is one of the keys to wide scale adoption of crypto currency, and only a coin that has the potential for true privacy (full anonymity), together with fast transactions and low network fees, will have the potential to surpass Bitcoin as the top crypto currency and a real option as a fiat replacement.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:14:59 PM

It's good to see that the crypto sphere is expanding and we are starting to have some privacy coins, this means that people are really becoming accepting of the crypto idea and how it works. However, caution needs to be taken as majority of these privacy coins were only made just to satisfy selfish aims of the managers or investors.
bizarro

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:36:57 PM

I think that those coins are dangerous because if you can make your transaction anonimous, it is a door to make some black business as buying weapon, drugs and etc. while nobody cannot spy you.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 09:39:04 PM

In a world where a lot of emphasis is now being placed on users taking control of their private data, it should also extend to protecting one's financial information as it is personal to the parties involved in it. Although many sick criminal minded people are still going to use it to perpetrate evil acts I feel it can be regulated and I think privacy coins are here to stay

handy_hotdog

Activity: 231

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:46:31 AM

I think they are not needed right now, but they will be needed as we move more and more towards crypto.
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:29:27 AM

They are the next big thing. Cryptos are getting less anonymous which people do not like. The more people look for ways to be more anonymous with their crypto transactions, they will keep moving towards privacy coins. They are a bitter-sweet indulgence though because with privacy coins it will be easier for criminals to carry out their activities.

beetlejam

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:17:28 PM

I think they are going to be needed in the future as crypto grows, but right now they are struggling to find themselves a use. Hold tight they will become very valuable!
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:25:36 PM

I think privacy coins are good but they could turn out to be troublesome for the whole crypto world as the governments will never let completely anonymous currencies like Monero or any other privacy coin to become popular or thrive. Also exchanges aren't in favor of privacy coins cause hackers use those currency to become untraceable after hacking exchanges.

iamwagner

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:36:55 PM

Privacy coins are a must as we are surrounded by sheep who are willing to throw their rights away to .gov for any reason.  When a mass of 4 billion sheep all move to bow down do the powers that be then the few who believe in freedom and personal responsibility need such coins to remain free and separate ourselves from the destruction sheeple always suffer. 
turtletime

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:37:56 PM

I think Privacy coins are the future of cryptocurrency. Governments are cracking down on crypto transactions and the only way we can remain private is with private coins.
iloveturtles

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

I think they need to find their audience right now, they will be needed more and more as technology improves and there is a need for them. Right now it seems they are struggling to find a use. Although right now they are reasonably valuable so can be used for Hodling.
wizzydizzycrypto

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:51:53 PM

Not needed now, but will be in the future. Just hold on there!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: