Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the trust is not shown in all sections.  (Read 369 times)
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:06:21 PM

There'll be a button on the admin panel and probably a few checkboxes that Theymos/Cyrus will have to click but probably not much more than that.
And how about the if-else statements or any other logical expressions that needed when you call the button and the checkboxes  Grin Also provably the specific table in the DB that contains the section information may need an extra column too to categories the sections, we just don't know  Cheesy

Or the default SMF already have these checkboxes and button on the admin panel  Tongue

Jet Cash has SMF for his fittotalk may be he can enlighten us a bit about the default settings for trust or feedback whatever they call it in default.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:03:39 PM

Nah, I disliked that feature immensely. Whilst it worked in some cases (I remember people like Phinneaus Gage glowing like a nuclear reactor), I was put on ignore on my hilariousandco account by a lot of people just because I was outspoken, or for making a lot of posts. I remember a couple of people 'ignoring' me just because they lost an argument which is pretty petty. I don't think I was ever glowing, but I probably would have go there eventually so it can give the wrong impression or make people judge you in a similar way that negative feedback would.
I agree with your viewpoint, although I did quite like the concept of it. It wasn't perfect by all means, but I felt it added something. I still feel its better than the trust system for determining trolls. The trust system can be used to spite someone, whereas the ignore system didn't have any real effect. Plus, the trust system is horribly misused by certain users, and a lot of users are more concerned about ruining someones reputation than giving them the benefit of the doubt sometimes. Obviously, I'm referring to the lesser issues rather than outright scamming here.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:51:05 PM

Why would you want it to be displayed everywhere? Its related to trade, and only makes sense to have it in sections concerning trading. Having it as a toggle option could be implemented, but I think keeping it the way it is as the default option is the best idea.

This topic actually got me wondering, should we really only limit "trust" for trade-related purposes?

Doesn't it follow that if you are a known scammer by virtue of your market trades, then that your words (posts) are also questionable? I assume that scammers are understandably biased to say things that would be in their favor (or for their profit) and therefor also cannot be trusted.

I kind of agree with this. I know trust is only related to trades in the forum, but I think it's almost impossible to actually trust the posts of a user that has neg trust. If he deceives other users when it comes to trades, it would be reasonable to accept that he will do the same on many other areas, because he is probably someone that will try to mislead others for his own personal agenda (whatever that is).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: