Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road 2.0 hacked through malleability, ~4000 BTC STOLEN  (Read 28371 times)
misternanyte

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:57:49 PM

look guys. The FBI and NSA and probably CIA already have quantum computers that can completely wipe out bitcoin. The bitcoin developers KNOW this and talked about it recently. Isn't it conceivable that THEY stole the money? That THEY are responsible for the DDoS attacks?

lol. this sums up this community's logic.

it has to be the tooth fairy or santa claus.

because it couldn't possibly be the DOUCHEBAG WHO RUNS THE SITE.

No one is saying it isn't the idiots who run the illegal site. I'm pointing out ANOTHER *POSSIBILITY* that everyone else seems to be overlooking, however. We know full and well the NSA and FBI have the computing abilities to steal our fucking bitcoins. Whose to say they haven't been practicing for years?

because the history of thefts have always been exchnages, and site owners, and script kiddies.

stop pulling conspiracy shit out of your tinfoil hat. it's the usual suspects.

Where there is a will there is a way. You think bitcoin isn't derail-able, but it is. I don't care what the histories are, as people can mask who they truly are. You can have someone setup a false website and he will let the FBI in on everything he's doing because he's a paid actor, and walla they can do a brute force attack and shutter the markets. There can be a lot of people that can hurt bitcoin, all they need to do is work together. What i'm saying is though, people can be paid off by the government with it's useless fiat greenbacks, to allow them to access certain sites and their secure data. That's what I think happened here. It's also entirely possible that the encryption was cracked by a quantum computer, to an extent.

While the government can't just straight up hack the entire bitcoin network without us knowing about it, they can certainly find people who own sites like Silk Road who will co-operate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
misternanyte

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:59:12 PM

look guys. The FBI and NSA and probably CIA already have quantum computers that can completely wipe out bitcoin. The bitcoin developers KNOW this and talked about it recently. Isn't it conceivable that THEY stole the money? That THEY are responsible for the DDoS attacks?

No one is saying it isn't the idiots who run the illegal site. I'm pointing out ANOTHER *POSSIBILITY* that everyone else seems to be overlooking, however. We know full and well the NSA and FBI have the computing abilities to steal our fucking bitcoins. Whose to say they haven't been practicing for years?

because the history of thefts have always been exchnages, and site owners, and script kiddies.

Exactly. People just want it to be the government so they can continue saying that governments are bad...

That's because they are bad. You people think the government regulating bitcoin is a GOOD thing?
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:00:46 AM

Exactly. People just want it to be the government so they can continue saying that governments are bad...

That's because they are bad. You people think the government regulating bitcoin is a GOOD thing?

I don't but between regulation and saying that governments are fully bad... That's a huge stretch. Do they do bad things? Sure. But they do benefit your life in some ways whether you like it or not.
misternanyte

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:04:04 AM

I don't but between regulation and saying that governments are fully bad... That's a huge stretch. Do they do bad things? Sure. But they do benefit your life in some ways whether you like it or not.

Newsflash. Bad people aren't good. Therefore they do not do good things. Wow, go figure. Also, this just in. THE GOVERNMENT ISN'T A PERSON BUT RATHER A BODY OF PERSONS. That means if the government DOES produce something good (Rand Paul fillibustering and running for president, eh hemm, he's a senator therefore part of the government but not representative of most of it, most of it being bad), it's not because of the bad people within the government.

Go ahead though, bend over and suck the dicks of hitlerian politicians such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and gun grabbing maniac Mayer Bloomberg. Because you liked The Running Man, didn't you? Better suck Arnie's cock then. (As if arnold controlled the entire production of the running man, and that Jesse Ventura is just as bad as Arnold because he was also in the movie with him)
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:06:51 AM

This is hilarious.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
misternanyte

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:11:13 AM

wow...

another alex jones listener.

Yes because all people criticizing the government and the horrible things Arnold has done to Calee-forn-eeeaah's economy all come from watching the Alex Jones show. You can't understand anything about arnold schwarzenegger, form your own opinion about the really tyrannical shit he's pulled in California and not be an alex jones fan.
j3steven

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:12:49 AM

I remember when this used to be a thread about BTC and SR2, ohh the good ol days

misternanyte

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:13:50 AM

wow...

another alex jones listener.

Yes because all people criticizing the government and the horrible things Arnold has done to Calee-forn-eeeaah's economy all come from watching the Alex Jones show. You can't understand anything about arnold schwarzenegger, form your own opinion about the really tyrannical shit he's pulled in California and not be an alex jones fan.

dude. you lost me once you started going on about sucking dicks.

Well you see, men have penises. Women have vaginas. Did that clear things up for ya?
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:15:51 AM

I remember when this used to be a thread about BTC and SR2, ohh the good ol days

now it's about SR3 and Howard Jones
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:19:48 AM

You hurt yer what ?

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Frost000

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:42:00 AM

Newsflash. Bad people aren't good. Therefore they do not do good things. Wow, go figure. Also, this just in. THE GOVERNMENT ISN'T A PERSON BUT RATHER A BODY OF PERSONS. That means if the government DOES produce something good (Rand Paul fillibustering and running for president, eh hemm, he's a senator therefore part of the government but not representative of most of it, most of it being bad), it's not because of the bad people within the government.

Go ahead though, bend over and suck the dicks of hitlerian politicians such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and gun grabbing maniac Mayer Bloomberg. Because you liked The Running Man, didn't you? Better suck Arnie's cock then. (As if arnold controlled the entire production of the running man, and that Jesse Ventura is just as bad as Arnold because he was also in the movie with him)

Wow. You love assuming things, huh? All I see is tinfoil hat BS.
misternanyte

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:44:25 AM

Wow. You love assuming things, huh? All I see is tinfoil hat BS.

WOW you said tin foil hat, YOU said it.... YOU, the guy who thinks the government is one whole person. I'm SO ashamed of myself. You obviously win the argument because you said TIN FOIL HAT.

Moving on back on topic as I don't enjoy conversing with parasites...

The fbi has without a doubt planted quite a few people who run websites LIKE silk road. It's entirely plausible that they have already used their plant as a rat so they could extract BTC from the site's users. I'm sure this happens all the time. It's called... being a criminal. Not that hard to understand.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:45:52 AM

Oh fuck it... I'll offer my advice here as well, regardless of what I think of the situation.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 1299

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:56:08 AM

Oh fuck it... I'll offer my advice here as well, regardless of what I think of the situation.

Exactly - it bears repeating :-)
Nathonas

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 12:57:49 AM

Malleability? Hahahaha, the fucking admins stole all of it. What kind of idiot would put money into that website is beyond me.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:06:09 AM

Malleability? Hahahaha, the fucking admins stole all of it. What kind of idiot would put money into that website is beyond me.

Buy & Hold
grifferz

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:07:16 AM

Christ, reading this it's like Occam came to bitcointalk and traded in his razor for a plastic spork.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:13:01 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 03:33:54 AM by DeathAndTaxes

The good news is nobody had their Bitcoins stolen.   The site now long has the means to repay the bitcoin IOUs it issued (because of the alleged and possibly made "hack", but if you don't have the private key for "your coins" guess what?  You never had any bitcoins.

Not sure how many thousand more of these hacks and "hacks" it will take before that concept sinks in.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:26:47 AM

The good news is nobody had their Bitcoins stolen.   The site may never be able to repay the bitcoin IOUs it issued and now no longer has the alleged ability to repay, but if you don't have the private key for "your coins" guess what?  You never had any bitcoins.

Not sure how many thousand more of these hacks and "hacks" it will take before that concept sinks in.

+1000

Then again, what do we expect from junkies smoking pots and doing drugs?....

misternanyte

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:29:46 AM

The good news is nobody had their Bitcoins stolen.   The site may never be able to repay the bitcoin IOUs it issued and now no longer has the alleged ability to repay, but if you don't have the private key for "your coins" guess what?  You never had any bitcoins.

+1000

Then again, what do we expect from junkies smoking pots and doing drugs?....

yes cos drugs make you evil. You can't be evil and then do drugs, because that just crosses the line of just how evil you can be. You don't be THAT evil. You have to BECOME evil even though the definition of a good person wouldn't allow it... for it to be acceptably evil.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: