Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:03:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin As Paper Notes Useful? thoughts?  (Read 458 times)
ClintonJ

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:25:03 PM

Bitcoin came out as a virtual currency. Because of that, the people took an interest in it. If it changes into a paper note or tangible currency, it will lose its point of interest among people. It is better if crypto currency, especially bitcoins remains as a n intangible currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:52:42 PM

Bitcoin came out as a virtual currency. Because of that, the people took an interest in it. If it changes into a paper note or tangible currency, it will lose its point of interest among people. It is better if crypto currency, especially bitcoins remains as a n intangible currency.

My opinion is that Bitcoin does not appear in paper form. Bitcoin is becoming more popular and appreciated because of its higher circulation than the paper used. It saves the human future a lot of space and property used in the production process as well as the money. This is a step backwards if Bitcoin is in paper form.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
JohnHendry

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:28:56 PM

The main purpose and the uniqueness of crypto currency is that it was that it will be virtual currency and that it cannot be in paper notes. The news that bitcoin will be made in bank paper is false. Bitcoins and any alt coin will be exchanged with the help of the internet and this will not change.
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:34:44 PM

I know there was some company experimenting with paper notes to help people who have not internet use BTC.

that's silly! and wrong!
you wouldn't be using bitcoin if you use these "paper notes". you would be using some piece of paper that has value only as much as the person printing them. it may not even be legal to do something like that and if the government starts looking into them and closes their shop, those "paper notes" value can drop to zero.

I agree with you, if everything is recorded with paper then not Bitcoin digital currency (Cryptocurrency). its use will be the same as the usual banknotes. banknotes require a valid stamp to be used and bitcoin can not get a valid stamp because no bitcoin is holding.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:46:50 PM

People can buy Bitcoin from some designated newspaper kiosks in Germany, Austria and Australia I think. You can exchange paper money and load the Bitcoin onto the wallet installed on your mobile device and use it straight away. It's completely useless to carry around Bitcoin paper wallets in areas with no Internet connection. It's too much hassle and you would be better off using your paper money or bank cards.
Being able to buy Bitcoin in the street with cash is a fantastic opportunity for the unbanked to get their hands on some Bitcoin without having to purchase it online.
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 10:52:58 PM

Yeah. I like the idea. In some places, we cannot use the internet. But, there we can use the bitcoin paper notes.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:58:59 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 10:48:12 AM by r32godzilla

I think that it will not give any successful results.First of all,majority of people will not be willing to trust a private centralised body for getting paper bitcoins instead of digital currency bitcoin.Bitcoin being a decentralised currency gaining this much trust is already a surprising event and now if we expect people to trust and support paper bitcoin too,then its truly an over expectation.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:07:25 AM

No i do not like the idea because it will mix up with the digital technology or the block chain. Transactions could not be recorded on a block chain for transactions will be more like a centralized currency which is the fiat money. We do not need a paper notes anymore for bitcoin because we are in digital era and we had fiat money already doing that functions so why complicate things over?

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
PaulTrace

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:50:03 PM

The idea of using paper notes as BTC is a very interesting thought. Moreover it is a good move that the bitcoin can be transacted without the internet.
Brenda Karenn

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:10:32 AM

If Bitcoin is issued in the form of paper note then it has nothing different from other paper currencies. It was created as a digital currency to incease the convenience and speed of the transactions, thereby solving the drawback of paper money. Everything in current society is being digitalized, so making Bitcoin back to note seem to be against the general trend.
Cynthia Andradee

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:13:41 AM

Bitcoin was created to promote a cashless society. It's Bitcoin's main mission. If we change it form into paper notes, then Bitcoin will be against it original mission. Plus, if it has physical form, how can it be different from available currency? And one more problem posed is who will be in charge of issuing Bitcoin?
Frank Norwoodd

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:30:31 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized, which means there's no one able to control it. So who will issue Bitcoin paper notes? If the idea of converting Bitcoin into note were  feasible, then Bitcoin would be no longer dencentralized but centralized. It sounds like crazy.
Pamela Silvaa

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:35:18 AM

Bitcoin was tech-based currency supported by Blockchain technology. It gains value from the technology. You can see, Bitcoin and other cryptos would be nothing special and not draw as much attention as they do now without the Blockchain technology. Accordingly, its physical form has no value and unnecessary.
Kathleen Gomess

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:38:28 AM

The question posed is why should we need Bitcoin's physical form while its digital form is running well?
Plus, converting Bitcoin into paper notes is really an ordeal, because with the decentralized feature, who will be a reliable entity to issue that notes?
Jolozxc

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:47:14 AM

Having that kind of note is really good, Thinking about that you only need one piece of paper where your qr or any code written there and you can pay what you bought or any bills, But I think its also a big risk what if you loss it someone can easily spend it?
Yucco

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:16:35 PM

Nothing more primitive about how you can use bitcoin I have not heard. Bitcoin has a huge number of ways of using which are much more important than what you offer. This is the same as using some expensive mechanism or device to hammer them with nails.
davidka

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:08:06 AM

Bitcoin it is popular, now you can be successful thanks to it, Bitcoin is becoming more popular and appreciated because of higher traffic than paper used. It saves human futures a lot of space and property used in the manufacturing process as well as money
TepungBeras

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

Presale is live: BitPenta.com

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:17:03 AM

I think your idea is very good to use crypto paper, but I think without it the internet is very difficult to access or see the price of bitcoin or crypto that we want to use

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
Assface16678

Activity: 1358
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:44:24 AM

I know there was some company experimenting with paper notes to help people who have not internet use BTC.

Anyhow this is an interesting thought. Do you think that it would be possible to put not exactly BTC into a paper note but any crypto in some what of a denomination in a paper note. eg hardware

more less it could be used for people who have no access to internet have spending power, where the paper notes would have  bar code scanner code on it, that they take to someone else for buying goods and services.

Your thoughts on this idea, could be used in whole numbers of a type of crypto if the numbers meet up to a certain standard, as not to correspond to a FIAT system but be entirely in Crypto?

your thoughts? pros and cons to this concept.?

why it could work ? or why it would not work?

This decision is against the purpose of bitcoin. Bitcoin wants to be a decentralised virtual currency that will be available fpr everyone. So if this happens it will be lik a fiat currency so what will be the use if this things happened. There will be no difference on bitcoin and fiat. So as for me it is more likely to have internet connections everywhere, for easy access rather than using the environment to sustain needs for bills and such.

vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:44:34 PM

I think its simply a waste of time! Cryptocurrencies should not be confused with fiat currencies. Cryptos to my understanding are intangible! And should be kept like that in order for it to be unique and different from fiat currencies. The whole idea of decentralization and anonymity lies on the fact that Bitccoins and other cryptocurrenceis are not physical and are just cryptographic entities.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: