Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:26:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: stable price  (Read 943 times)
chesthing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:45:12 AM

Since Mt Cocks folded price is stable as hell, is this the new deal?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:03:56 AM

Roll Eyes

Give it a month, we'll be back to highly volatile soon enough.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:04:23 AM

Yep, this is very much the lull before the storm... Wink

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:04:42 AM

You consider this stable? There were times in 2012 when it was almost stable, but this isn't close.

Even Sept 2013 was more stable than these turbulent times.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:03:05 PM

You consider this stable? There were times in 2012 when it was almost stable, but this isn't close.

Even Sept 2013 was more stable than these turbulent times.

I will say that the relative stability of the price given all the events that have happened over the last few weeks does make this feel a bit like September 2013 to me.

It's just got that feeling of getting coiled up.  Again.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:29:05 PM

Nah.

Bitcoin is overpriced to most new money but current holders of Bitcoin aren't interested in selling.

Recent few days have consisted of near non-existent volume punctuated by huge intermittent whale splashes both to upside and to downside. If I never had so much trust in the integrity of the exchanges I would say that these splashes where simply exchange insiders squeezing leveraged traders out of their positions.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:30:41 PM

Nah.

Bitcoin is overpriced to most new money but current holders of Bitcoin aren't interested in selling.

Recent few days have consisted of near non-existent volume punctuated by huge intermittent whale splashes both to upside and to downside. If I never had so much trust in the integrity of the exchanges I would say that these splashes where simply exchange insiders squeezing leveraged traders out of their positions.

Don't be scared, the water is lovely!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:40:01 PM

Stability is showing the will of the hodlers. New people aren't buying because no one wants to buy when they know, that their money can just disappear along with the exchange. Old holders are holding because people keep telling them that it's only temporary and soon the price will go to the moon. Miners are also holding, because they will see no ROI with this price.
Right now it all depends on how long will the holders hold. Because if there is a big enough dump, then there will be a snowball effect with the drop accelerating. I have never understood the mind of the cultist holders, so it's hard to speculate on how long will they last. It's easier to speculate that there won't be coming any important positive news in the near future. So, currently my money is betting that this price will drop. But it's a gamble either way.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:42:11 PM

Nah.

I want to see a proper confirmation that the downtrend is finished otherwise I aint interested. Last thing I want to be is stuck on some seismic vessel and hearing about Bitcoin trending in $300 range when I bought in at $600. I would rather miss out than than risk that happening which lets face it, is a very viable possibility. There is as of yet nothing 'real' supporting Bitcoin's still very high hyper inflated price except hopes for future gain combined with a lack of supply of BTC on the market. Just takes the wrong sort of X-Factor to come along and the current price level could have the rug swiped from under it's feet......(i.e. stolen coins flooding exchanges)

If Bitcoin is to be spared further horrors, then it will all be about trending and grinding from here unless some other kind of X-Factor hits such as a bit of human misery in the form of a financial crisis in some 2nd rate economy. That is what all the freedom loving libertarian Bitcoiners are sitting crossing their fingers for cos that is what will make em rich(er).

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:05:32 PM

Nah.

I want to see a proper confirmation that the downtrend is finished otherwise I aint interested. Last thing I want to be is stuck on some seismic vessel and hearing about Bitcoin trending in $300 range when I bought in at $600. I would rather miss out than than risk that happening which lets face it, is a very viable possibility. There is as of yet nothing 'real' supporting Bitcoin's still very high hyper inflated price except hopes for future gain combined with a lack of supply of BTC on the market. Just takes the wrong sort of X-Factor to come along and the current price level could have the rug swiped from under it's feet......(i.e. stolen coins flooding exchanges)

If Bitcoin is to be spared further horrors, then it will all be about trending and grinding from here unless some other kind of X-Factor hits such as a bit of human misery in the form of a financial crisis in some 2nd rate economy. That is what all the freedom loving libertarian Bitcoiners are sitting crossing their fingers for cos that is what will make em rich(er).

Is it chart support or fundamental support you are after?

Accepting of course that they are both mythical beasts Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:11:33 PM

Nah.

I'm afraid Mat is right. I get the feeling that we're on one of these things:

Just pushing as hard as we can to avoid a crash with the train that's on our tail.

The market is pretty stagnant and thousands of new Bitcoins enter this place every day. Without another big catalyst this year I think we will see 500s or lower before it gets better. Of course, it's not all bad. Overstock will announce before this fall that they accept Bitcoins for international shipments, Wikipedia may start accepting them, and there's a lot of good feelings coming from Google's various financial services.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: