Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Suggestion] Modify Ban form letter  (Read 322 times)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:34:50 AM

I have seen many post quoting forum rules that are incomplete or outright false. Some claim you are ban evading for making a new account to appeal a ban and use a, this is not true as long as you follow the rule of :The only exception is creating a thread in Meta about your ban."

Yes, it is incomplete but he was talking about the part that is relevant to this conversation. I don't agree but the point he was making is that he thinks that changing the wording of the ban notification would advantage the banned person in not getting banned again if they did break the ban evasion rule. Making a tempory account to appeal the ban just isn't relevant to that conversation so I think you are being a bit unreasonable to say that is is wrong.

My point is this: Post half of a rule and it gets parroted all over the forum and is stated as fact, causing confusion for others that won't read forum rules for themselves. As stated earlier, once attention is brought, I remove the rating. I have replied to his PM and the rating will be removed. I don't see how that is unreasonable.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 10:53:07 AM

My point is this: Post half of a rule and it gets parroted all over the forum and is stated as fact, causing confusion for others that won't read forum rules for themselves. As stated earlier, once attention is brought, I remove the rating. I have replied to his PM and the rating will be removed. I don't see how that is unreasonable.

Each to there own, but I didn't think it was relevant to this conversation. If someone gets confused by that then I would put the blame on them for not checking the rules rather than the person that was having a conversation about a specific part of a rule.

I would think that if I was in the situation I was really concerned that someone would read it and be mislead then just posting the additional information would have been reasonable.

I'm not criticising you here, just giving an opinion.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: