Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking: Bitcoin Article Comments Team  (Read 573 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

This is something I think we need.  Badly.   

I have a Google news feed on my phone and day after day, read ignorant articles on Bitcoin, written by uneducated journalists.   Then have to struggle through paragraphs of inaccurate comments from that publications' readers.  I have intentionally set up accounts on most of the sites, purely for the purpose of replying to comments under the articles.  I try my best to correct misinformation, present alternative viewpoints to the "ponzi scheme" crew, and explain what Bitcoin is doing to benefit the world.  But I can't keep doing this alone. 

We need a group of people who truly knows Bitcoin, can articulate it well, and who will dedicate themselves to correcting misinformation in articles, and comments.

I honestly think it will be fun to engage in.  A team of people who has the Google news feed on their phones, has accounts set up on all the main sites (Business Insider, The Verge, Bloomberg, TechCrunch, Forbes), and who will make a point of it to saturate the comments area with *accurate* information and corrections.  Not childish attacks like "You clearly know nothing about Bitcoin".   But intelligent, impressive counter-comments, fixing misinformation.

This would take some organization, but I am willing to help try and coordinate it.  I don't have a medium for gathering people, other than maybe an IRC channel, so I put one into freenode at #btcnews.  I'll park my butt in there and anyone who is interested in an ongoing participation, please feel free to come by.  We can post the latest articles and engage folks in discussions that paint Bitcoin accurately.  Do our part to grow this technology and help sway public opinion with accuracy. 

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:14:57 PM

people don't understand bitcoin.
they don't understand bank internet account ... they don't understand why state don't sell bitcoin.
even ... they don't understand to use paypal account and complain system.

that why it's the seller that they can introduce Bitcoin in the life of all noobs in the world.
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

I personally believe that the "comments" section has more power than the article itself, to sway public opinion.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:31:33 PM

I suggest you do this using a subreddit with these rules:
please post new articles with comment function (and only that) here.
please up-vote those that need more man-power
please down-vote those that are being dealt with sufficiently (to free up resources)

Like-minded people might help you, but expressing the concern in your OP will not get those informed to post more to the right spot. And yeah, I agree that we don't focus our posting-power to where it's most effective. I, too left conversations because they were just so far from having a glimpse of what is bitcoin that my comment would have been something like "You know what is a computer?".

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:03:42 AM

You are looking to recruit soldiers to the 50uBit army?
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:11:10 AM

A subreddit would be a good place to organise this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: