Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downward Trend  (Read 809 times)
V8x8d (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:46:20 AM

Are these current falls really justified (is the news that serious)? Is this a case of market manipulation? I personally invested what I could afford to lose, therefore trolls have no effect on me (only invested in innovative coins that I believe have a future). Thoughts?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FalconCrypto

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:34:29 AM

You didn't mention any specific coin, so I'm assuming Bitcoin?
BaronVonBB

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:39:05 AM

Investors in Bitcoin are scared right now because of the Silk Road 2 theft. It's still fresh in everybody's mind. Wait till people start remembering Bitcoin and Litecoin made people rich. The price will shoot right back up.  Grin
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:45:29 AM

It's always seemed strange to me how all the altcoins fall in price as bitcoin does. Of course they're going to fall in terms of USD price, but they also fall in relation to bitcoin. People see bitcoin falling and they dump their altcoins for...bitcoin?
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:13:28 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 03:25:29 AM by hvezdasmrti

Because most of people are stupid. Be happy from that if most of people were smart we would never do any profit.

Selling when a dump occurs is too late. In most commom case you miss the bottom and rebuy higher than you sold because for the absolute bottom is typical a very short duration. At the last big chinese drop i was unable to rebuy at 450USD at BTC-E because bots did a massive buy in and the orders were never filled, price returned back over 500 in 3 seconds.
However panickers still prefer sure loss. If there were no panic sellers there would be no profit from following pumps. Someone must pay the profit for others.

Now we have to wait until things return back to normal, its not a problem of bitcoin or altcoins, its problem of no regulation because this drop was made by insolvent exchanges (fraudulent behavior it has nothing to do with bitcoin itself, only blaming and bullshits).

Silk road 2.0 doesnt seem to be the main source of dump, 5k btc is not as much.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
apple_talk

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:15:46 AM

expect to reach $100 Bitcoin in next 2-3months

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
███                         ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ████       ███       ████
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:37:58 AM

100 at gox? maybe. Maybe 10. Maybe 1000. Its irrelevant, price at mtgox should be ignored. I can open an exchange, block trading, and do you will sell bitcoins to me for 10 because at my insolvent exchange is the price 10?

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Xenopus

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:44:28 AM

Quoting for stupid.

BTC: 17mV6VCMnbYbrhJfsxCEZm9y3CL1qb6jFC
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:51:06 AM

Nope. There are plenty of people who want in but $800 per BTC isn't enough potential return on what they can afford to invest.
When bitcoins value is $1000+ the only people who can expect to make good money is big investors, crypto day traders and miners.

I believe bitcoin is unable to fall below $100. If it does it won't last long.

transit

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:28:22 AM

Because most of people are stupid. Be happy from that if most of people were smart we would never do any profit.

Selling when a dump occurs is too late. In most commom case you miss the bottom and rebuy higher than you sold because for the absolute bottom is typical a very short duration. At the last big chinese drop i was unable to rebuy at 450USD at BTC-E because bots did a massive buy in and the orders were never filled, price returned back over 500 in 3 seconds.
However panickers still prefer sure loss. If there were no panic sellers there would be no profit from following pumps. Someone must pay the profit for others.

Now we have to wait until things return back to normal, its not a problem of bitcoin or altcoins, its problem of no regulation because this drop was made by insolvent exchanges (fraudulent behavior it has nothing to do with bitcoin itself, only blaming and bullshits).

Silk road 2.0 doesnt seem to be the main source of dump, 5k btc is not as much.

+1

It's going back up in no time. This lows feels like the last before a new rally begins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: