Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:33:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for journalists, investigators and another editor - The Bitcoin Society  (Read 864 times)
The Bitcoin Society (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:36:59 AM

The Bitcoin Society is a new online source for Bitcoin knowledge & information and a new voice for Bitcoin with many future Bitcoin awareness marketing campaigns planned for 2014.

We are currently seeking journalists and writers to donate and contribute new's and articles in the categories of Bitcoin Education & Bitcoin Information.

Criteria for contributors and contributions are as follows:

Journalists must have experience in writing objective articles. We are looking for bloggers, columnists, and investigative journalists.

Articles must be original works, objective, factual, and avoid speculation or rumor's.

Types of articles we are looking for:

Bitcoin Education: How-to's, guides, DIY projects and other valuable education information

Bitcoin Information: Current news, the Bitcoin Protocol, New developments, hot topics, Verified scam reports of illegitimate companies.

All articles must be accompanied by a signed publication release form.

Editor:

We are also looking for a freelance editor to review/edit articles on an as needed basis, to start this role is a donation of time but if the job becomes demanding and we begin to receive constant streams of articles needing editorial work we can and will discuss a small part-time salary for your time.

The editor must have experience in editorial work and we would prefer someone with an education in literature, journalism, or a related field.

If you are interested in the editor position please send a copy of your resume in a private message.

** We are aiming for a full website launch on April 1st 2014 and would like to have some valuable content on the site before we begin our advertising campaign. We will be posting a follow-up thread for media designers and commercial producers for work on billboards, stickers, banners, National T.V. Commercials, and viral worthy videos in which we will use to draw traffic to our website to help Bitcoin gain traction and world wide awareness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Bitcoin Society (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:36:09 PM

Still looking guys. Lets get this party started
9inety7even

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:27:48 AM

I'll write some articles, but I'd like to know how much you're willing to pay. I'm knowledgeable about the technical aspects of bitcoin, so how-to's, guides, or any general bitcoin news is right up my alley. I'm willing to write some trial pieces; let me know if you're interested.

The Bitcoin Society (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:04:27 PM

I'll write some articles, but I'd like to know how much you're willing to pay. I'm knowledgeable about the technical aspects of bitcoin, so how-to's, guides, or any general bitcoin news is right up my alley. I'm willing to write some trial pieces; let me know if you're interested.

Thank you for your interest.

I have outlined our pay rates below. In order to get paid for articles you must first submit a topic. If the topic is approved you will be sent a reply notifying you that it was approved.

The bulk share of articles on our website will be donations from experienced authors. The only articles we will approve as paid content are those which are integral information truly beneficial to newcomers to bitcoin. For example: "how to set up your Antminer S1" would not get approved as a paid article, however  "10 ways to protect your hot wallet" including what a hot wallet is & how it differs from cold storage, WOULD probably be approved for a paid article.

All articles must be in clear English and professionally written, articles which are poorly written will be returned from our new editor known on this forum by TheButterZone. Returned articles will not be published, and if the topic was approved for paid content, you will need to make the necessary revisions and re-submit it before payment will be approved.

All articles will be fact checked, and checked for plagiarism and copyright. Furthermore all articles must be submitted with a publication agreement form.

------------------------------ Pay Rates ---------------------------

All articles must be a minimum of 400 words.

The first 100 words are not paid, after 100 words the pay rate is $5 per 200 words rounded to the nearest 50 words.

For example, if you are approved for a topic and write a 500 word article you will be paid $10.

Photographs accompanying the article will be paid @ a rate of $5 and must be original photographs in which you hold the copyright for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As a reminder, paid articles are few and far between. We do have a budget for paid content but in the scheme of things it is small. We have reserved the bulk of our funding for marketing, advertising & spreading awareness about bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: