Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:56:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my wallet [Suspicious link removed] not receiving bitcoin, why?  (Read 253 times)
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:35:38 AM

When I click on the address and copy it, when I stick it I give the address 13D6FEsc8oJ4ynJD7hL52CM1GPzKp8YZh4, although on request is another. Is this a virus?
Yes. You should either run several virus scanners (bitdefender, malwarebytes) and malware removal utilities (like spybot, malwarebytes etc) or... format your computer and reinstall the Operating System. Personally, I'd recommend the format+reinstall method.

If your computer is infected with the clipboard hijacker, it's possible it also has keyloggers (can harvest usernames/passwords etc) and possibly even Remote Access Tools (RATs) that could allow hackers to copy files directly from your computer. So, you should consider your computer totally compromised and avoid doing any "sensitive" work on it (accessing internet banking or other secure websites etc)

I wouldn't even bother with a virus scan at this point.
Reinstall the OS completely and format your drive.
Then remember to use an antivirus on it - if you want to recover from a backup, scan that backup for viruses also (most av scanners will be able to scan ISO/vhd/zip files) although I'd suggest dong the scan on the media on a different device.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 06:26:43 AM

format your computer and reinstall the Operating System.

^This is actually the only way to get safely rid of all kind of malware from your system (assuming it is not a root kit, which it isn't in most cases).
In case of it being a rootkit a reinstall won't help, but since most of these BTC stealing malwares are made by some 17y old script kiddies, the chances are very low. So you should be good to go with a complete format/reinstall.

If your computer is infected with the clipboard hijacker, it's possible it also has keyloggers (can harvest usernames/passwords etc) and possibly even Remote Access Tools (RATs) that could allow hackers to copy files directly from your computer. So, you should consider your computer totally compromised and avoid doing any "sensitive" work on it (accessing internet banking or other secure websites etc)

This is so important.
Change every(!) password you have entered on your PC in the last days/weeks/months (obviously not from your current infected system).

Usually it is not just a clipping malware, but a trojan horse with a backdoor (assuming the creator of the malware wasn't completely incapable).

The best would be to completely disconnect your PC from your network and make a local backup of your important(!) files. Then reeinstall your OS.
Oh, and make sure not to use any cracked OS (e.g. cracked windows), since those always contain backdoors (e.g. to include you into a botnet).

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: