Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:48:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AIRDROP][PRESALE][XDM] Dark Matter - Inflation Sucks  (Read 1028 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ionomy (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:24:23 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 03:54:20 PM by ionomy
Merited by bitdrafter (1)

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:26:12 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2019, 05:37:58 PM by ionomy

ionomy (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:31:17 AM

Watch the Dark Matter car driven by NASCAR Veteran Kasey Kahne in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Kentucky Speedway Saturday July 14, 2018 and live on NBC Sports!

GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:19:10 AM

Great news guys! Cant wait to see this thing launch. Race car looks awesome!
Beejae

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:29:16 AM

This project looks cool to me. Can't wait for more information on how to apply for the Airdrop. Kindly send out e-mails when things are set. I'm already subscribed to receive updates about the project. Cheers
LordDarkHelmet

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:45:19 AM

Sponsoring a NASCAR car right off the bat before any kind of presale is quite a commitment!!!

I am looking forward to this project!
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:06:49 PM

Don't forget to tune in tonight to watch Kasey Khane Rep the DarkMatter NASCAR!!!!

Check us out on Twitter! https://twitter.com/inflationsucks
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:23:51 PM

What is the outlook of the US dollar over the next 50 years? 

Don't fool yourself... $USD is not a store of value.

lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:13:00 PM

I disagree with that chart.

The truth of the matter is the dollar is only worth 3% of it's original 1913 value, inflation is running way higher than official statistics indicate, and the rise of cryptocurrencies are adding additional pressure on the banksters.

Major countries around the world are moving away from the reserve currency in trade, leaving the US more isolated; and, when the abandonment picks up speed, the dollar will crash by orders of magnitude compared to that chart.

That chart looks like it was produced by the Federal Reserve itself.  That chart is so optimistic, you'd have to have been living under a rock for the last 20 years to think the dollar has even 5 more years in its current form, never mind 20.

Besides all that, dollar shortages are already cropping up and the Fed is doing QT at 50 billion per month.

To prevent a hyperinflation of the dollar, they will be forced to devalue or create an alternative dollar to be used only in the US.  By the time that starts to happen, all hell will break loose far faster than any of us can imagine.

Hold onto your cryptos, gold, and silver, folks.  It is going to be a wild ride.

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

The Dark Matter White Paper is now available!

Read why inflation sucks and how your can protect your wealth with a structurally sound store of value.
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:05:24 PM

Updated White Paper is now out. More information about fee structures and some housekeeping/formatting changes included.

https://www.darkmatter.info/#white-paper
hashcoin

Activity: 372
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:19:01 PM

How many dark matter tokens will be distributed in this airdrop program? And for how many participants? How much is the total supply of dark matter tokens?
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:50:18 AM

How many dark matter tokens will be distributed in this airdrop program? And for how many participants? How much is the total supply of dark matter tokens?

Total supply 71,000

The timeline has yet to be published

Spilt details in the whitepaper https://www.darkmatter.info/#white-paper

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:42:26 PM

Token sale details have been released!!!

Find out more
sheridannye

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 07:57:21 PM

What's your guess about the average for a Dark Matter token in Round 1?

I like the way they're doing Price Discovery in Round One. Especially the Golden Hour idea:

How does Price Discovery work?
On Monday, May 20th, a new market will be displayed on the ionomy Exchange featuring the ION/XDM trading pair. Platform users place bids. These bids are non-binding until execution. No trades will be executed for the first week until the Golden Hour — and in that final hour, the top orders for the first round may execute at any time during that sixty minute period.

What happens in the Golden Hour?
The golden hour is the 60 minute period during which active orders on the books may be executed. Auction participants will not know exactly when orders will fill, but they will know the starting time of the Golden Hour window. Throughout the bidding process, orders can be added or cancelled at any time until executed. Within that 60 minute window, users accept that any orders placed may be filled. The purpose is to ensure that the final bids realistically reflect how much participants are willing to pay.

Ultimately, it's up to the market to decide how much Dark Matter is worth. XDM is supposed to be a store of value. And it's a utility token in the ION gaming economy. The more people create and use ION tokens, the faster the rate of deflation.

I want to buy some but I'm not sure what price to enter my bid.

How much is Dark Matter worth (in USD)?
If you could explain your answer that would really help.
sheridannye

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 09:54:29 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2019, 01:53:02 AM by sheridannye

I've been watching the XDM/ION market on ionomy Exchange and there's some interesting action.

There were more than enough orders for all 7100 XDM on offer in Round 1, the Price Discovery period.

If the Golden Hour had occurred at the moment of the snapshot I took of the Order Book on Day 1 and Day 2:

• The average Day 1 price would have been 30 ION/XDM.
  • The average Day 2 price would have risen to 35 ION/XDM.

It's worth noting that there are some relatively high bids (over 100 ION/XDM). Bids can be cancelled at any time before Round 1 ends on Saturday. On the other hand, the competition seems to be heating up, so bids that look high now might seem pretty reasonable as the Golden Hour approaches.

I expect things will really get cooking Friday and Saturday when Price Discovery comes to a close and the price begins to rise in subsequent rounds.

In fact, I'll bet that some ION masternodes get taken offline to compete for the best XDM prices available.

The thing is, as participants raise their bids, the lower bids get invalidated. It's not yet a fast moving bidding war, but the bids have already increased since I started writing this post.

Things are moving fast!  Up 17%.  

I still don't know what Dark Matter is worth, but it'll at least be fun to watch the market decide!
Manuelbk

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 10:40:44 PM

will the airdrop start right after the final round?
jessicadrew

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:09:42 PM

From what I read on Discord, they haven't announced how or when the air drops will happen.

Check out the distribution chart here: https://www.darkmatter.info/:

Half the Dark Matter supply will be distributed via airdrops. To elevate and sustain interest, the airdrops will be gradual. For those who want to get their hands on Dark Matter now, the other half will be available via an Initial Exchange Offering hosted by ionomy Exchange starting Monday, May 20, 2019.

I wouldn't count on getting airdrops instantly. They say, "gradual."

My strategy is going to be to pick up as many as I can in the early rounds and focus on the airdrops when they happen.
sheridannye

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 01:57:01 AM

UPDATE!
OK, it's the end of Day 2. When I started writing the post a few lines up, the auction price was 34 ION/XDM. While I was writing I watched it tick over to 35.

Now the price is 38 ION/XDM.

That's a 27% jump over the end of the Day 1.

I kinda wish there were a market where you could place bets on what the Discovery Price will be on Saturday. Maybe an Augur $REP prediction market?
sheridannye

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 01:18:11 PM

It's still early on Day 3 of the Price Discovery Round.

Now the average price is 41 ION/XDM.

Another metric is coming into focus for me. The cheapest viable buy price for Dark Matter is going up.

Lowest Viable Bid
Day_1    7 ION/XDM
Day_2    12 ION/XDM
Day_3*    20 ION/XDM

*Note: This is just the early part of Day 3.

The lowest bid is calculated based on the limited supply for sale in Round 1: 7,100 XDM. So if a new bidder comes in, they'll have to bid more than 20 to displace the lower bids. That seems to be happening a lot. So maybe bids in the higher range are looking more realistic.

I know 7,100 doesn't sound like a big number when you think of the coin supplies of most cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin will max out at 21 million, for instance. But that's kinda the point. Even though it's a tiny amount, it's still 10% of the entire Dark Matter token supply.

There will only ever be 71,000 XDM at the start. The token supply gets smaller with every transaction. I'll do a post later on how the gaming industry could accelerate the deflation.
sheridannye

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 01:30:22 AM

Day 3 Auction Update

OK, so it's the end of Day 3.

Average Viable Bid Price
Day_1      30 ION/XDM
Day_2      35 ION/XDM
Day_3      48 ION/XDM.

The Day 3 price is 37% higher than the Day 2 price.
and 60% higher than the Day 1 price.

Lowest Viable Bid
Day_1      7 ION/XDM
Day_2      12 ION/XDM
Day_3      25 ION/XDM

That means new bids would have to come in above 25 to score some Dark Matter. And any existing bids below 25 wouldn't get filled.

Perspective on Order Size

Looking at the Order Book, I see another way to analyze this. The "average" isn't necessarily the most informative number. Instead we can look at the "mode" or the bid price that's most frequent. At the moment, the biggest bid size comes in at 25 ION/XDM. No surprise: people want to get the most XDM for the least ION.

But here's what's also interesting: The bid for the next largest amount of Dark Matter is at 100 ION/XDM!

This is significant for a couple reasons. First, the price of when you bid 100, you have to pay 4x the amount you'd have to pay at 25. So it means people are putting up a lot of ION to make those bids, much more than they're putting at the 25 bid level.

Second, and more important, the cheaper bids keep getting bid up higher and higher, invalidating lower bids. If tomorrow is like the last three days, the 25 ION bids will be invalidated as people compete for the cheapest ION. But the 100 ION bids will still be on the books.

It could mean that some bidders have decided that they're willing to pay 100 ION/XDM and that they think the competitive process will eventually push it up that high, and they want to reserve a good spot. I mean, 5 masternodes worth of ION have been taken out of circulation to hold a bid that is way above the current minimum.

It might also mean that these bidders are not only willing to pay 100 ION/XDM, but that they expect the competitive process will push the price up that high.
Manuelbk

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:30:50 PM

i feel like this coin will have a high price but wont be easy to sell due to low volume
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:23:02 PM

i feel like this coin will have a high price but wont be easy to sell due to low volume

I don't think this will be a problem as you would be selling the genesis token.

XDM usage will reduce its already small supply so, in theory, it's value will increase. I say theory as nothing like this has happened before.

I'm struggling to figure out XDM value as all my data points are tied around inflationary assets and XDM is a totally different beast.

One thing I'm sure about is XDM will see usage. If your a game dev irrelevant of size XDM is your ticket to the benefits of blockchain integration.

FYI. http://gamegrid.network/unity/

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
sheridannye

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:41:25 AM

Day 4 Auction Update

Average Viable Bid Price
Day_1      30 ION/XDM
Day_2      35 ION/XDM
Day_3      48 ION/XDM
Day_4      52 ION/XDM

The Day 4 price is 73% higher than the Day 1 price.

Lowest Viable Bid
Day_1      7 ION/XDM
Day_2      12 ION/XDM
Day_3      25 ION/XDM
Day_4      28 ION/XDM

Basically, any bids of 27 or below won't get filled at this point.

It's useful to think of Dark Matter as a Store of Value asset. By contrast, ION is more like a currency. ION is cheap and easy to move and the price is elastic with supply and demand.

If ION is more like a checking account, or more like cash, XDM is more like a savings account, or more like digital gold. It's expensive to move, but it's built to be a great way to store the wealth you've accumulated. If you're just looking for a quick flip, this might not be the asset for you. If you're serious about protecting your wealth, the design suits your purposes.

I find XDM attractive because I have a long horizon. I can see game developers spending a lot of Dark Matter to generate new tokens for in-game assets and in-game currencies. I can imagine lots of gamers holding and trading collectibles. I can see graphic designers creating and selling custom gaming assets.

Picture a gamer who owns the sword that pierced the eye of the Night King. That's a sword worth keeping! And since the history can be kept alive on the blockchain, it might be worth a lot on the market, too. There are just so many ways that gamers and game developers could use tokens.

I envision large scale adoption of Dark Matter over time. It will be adopted both as a store of value asset and as a gaming token. The utility will drive scarcity through burning fees, and it will also drive demand as more game developers seek to create new tokens. To me it seems like a brilliant buy-and-hold play.
sheridannye

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:13:22 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2019, 02:16:41 PM by sheridannye

Day 5 Auction Update

Average Viable Bid Price
Day_1      30 ION/XDM
Day_2      35 ION/XDM
Day_3      48 ION/XDM
Day_4      52 ION/XDM
Day_5      42 ION/XDM

Lowest Viable Bid
Day_1      7 ION/XDM
Day_2      12 ION/XDM
Day_3      25 ION/XDM
Day_4      28 ION/XDM
Day_4      31 ION/XDM

Basically, any new bids of 31 or below won't get filled at this point.

It looks like a lot of the higher bids at 100 ION/XDM and 200 ION/XDM got pulled. That brought the average bid down a bit. But the minimum viable bid rose by almost 25%.

The bulk of the real competition is clustered between 31 and 51.

Golden Hour starts tomorrow, Saturday, 10 am Central US time.
sheridannye

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 02:16:11 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2019, 03:00:11 PM by sheridannye

Day 6 Auction Update (Before the Golden Hour)

Average Viable Bid
Day_1      30 ION/XDM
Day_2      35 ION/XDM
Day_3      48 ION/XDM
Day_4      52 ION/XDM
Day_5      42 ION/XDM
Day_6      54 ION/XDM

Lowest Viable Bid
Day_1      7 ION/XDM
Day_2      12 ION/XDM
Day_3      25 ION/XDM
Day_4      28 ION/XDM