Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MUST WATCH: Account Holder Flies To Japan And Confronts MtGox CEO  (Read 15369 times)
technocoma

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:54:40 PM

They have had enough practice over the last few months of pissing people off. You would of thought they would learn but they just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Hopefully people will have learnt this time and will stop using gox because if people blindly carry on using them after everything then we can't really complain when shit hits the fan again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:01:27 PM

The other possibility is that he is an almost perfect sociopath, unable to have an emotional grasp of what's happening around him.

He is not a sociopath. He is fatty - growing fat is a protective (psychologically / emotionally grounded) response to stress. A sociopath wouldn't care / wouldn't grow fat.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:08:36 PM

The other possibility is that he is an almost perfect sociopath, unable to have an emotional grasp of what's happening around him.

He is not a sociopath. He is fatty - growing fat is a protective (psychologically / emotionally grounded) response to stress. A sociopath wouldn't care / wouldn't grow fat.

What about him not being a sociopath, but more like socially inept. Something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality_disorder
technocoma

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:40:31 PM

What about him not being a sociopath, but more like socially inept. Something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality_disorder

Whatever is wrong with him I think its pretty clear he shouldn't be a CEO.
Loozik

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:08:59 PM

Criricizing is cheap and easy.
BitTheCoin

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:11:32 PM

I do not think being a sociopath has anything to do with being fat.
Loozik

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:16:00 PM

Neither do I. You missed the point.
technocoma

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:23:04 PM

Criricizing is cheap and easy.

This is true, but every level of gox has had issues in as long as I can remember. Withdrawals taking months, setting dates for implementing new features / trade engine and missing them over and over again. Generally unable to communicate with there customers. Money seized. Taking 3 times longer than every other exchange to fix the same issue. It seems there is problems at all parts of gox surely the CEO has to have some say in all these issues and he can't even handle one customer outside his office that wants to have a conversation about his money in a decent way instead just tries to ignore him.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:26:47 PM

Why did the camera guy call it Mount Gox? Isn't it M.T.G.O.X.? lol
I call it Mount Gox. Never heard it said any other way.
I always liked "eM Tee Gox", it's got this "Empty Gox" catch to it Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
nezarkadhem

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:33:27 PM

mtgox 1btc = $360
coinbase 1btc = $650

Spread is now ~45%. Those assholes at mtgox have a license to print money: buy their own cheap btc from panic sellers, don't allow anyone else to transfer out but themselves, sell on another exchange like coinbase for an instant 100% gain, rinse, and repeat. Maybe that's the plan all along, criminals...
If this is true. They deserve to get penalized for it.

Awaiting the Neptune & Viper
Loozik

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:50:46 PM

This is true, but every level of gox has had issues in as long as I can remember. Withdrawals taking months, setting dates for implementing new features / trade engine and missing them over and over again. Generally unable to communicate with there customers. Money seized. Taking 3 times longer than every other exchange to fix the same issue. It seems there is problems at all parts of gox surely the CEO has to have some say in all these issues and he can't even handle one customer outside his office that wants to have a conversation about his money in a decent way instead just tries to ignore him.

I agree with you on lot of the above (withdrawals, shitty engine, poor communication, etc.) with two exceptions:

- money was not seized, but stolen (by mafia called US gov) - an individual (Mark) can do very little when attacked by bureaucrats; it is my understanding that he is repaying the damage out of his personal / business pocket to those who were affected
- he was not handling a customer, but he handled a stalker / jocker - he did it nicely and politely.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:54:22 PM

- he was not handling a customer, but he handled a stalker / jocker - he did it nicely and politely.

Uhh... that dude is a customer. If I found myself in that position, I would invite the guy inside and manually process his withdraw. I would hope I was not incompetent enough to be in such a position to begin with!

Some businesses operate on the premise that without the customer there is no business.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
gbgamer

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:59:15 PM

mtgox 1btc = $360
coinbase 1btc = $650

Spread is now ~45%. Those assholes at mtgox have a license to print money: buy their own cheap btc from panic sellers, don't allow anyone else to transfer out but themselves, sell on another exchange like coinbase for an instant 100% gain, rinse, and repeat. Maybe that's the plan all along, criminals...
If this is true. They deserve to get penalized for it.
wow. if true, they should be penalized!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:08:20 PM

Mark's response is all I needed to see to know MTGOX has lost bitcoins of customers and has refused to comment on it: (HURRIES AWAY TO GET INSIDE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE).

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Loozik

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:13:03 PM

Uhh... that dude is a customer.

If I were the customer I would make my points differently, e.g.
- why you impose a limit of $5k per one international transfer thus creating lags in your bottle neck manual withdrawal?
- here is my login and ID, you owe me $... k - these are the facts you can easily verify - please make a transfer in my favour
- etc.

If I found myself in that position, I would invite the guy inside and manually process his withdraw.

I would do the same for a guy that I felt was really interested to solve a problem.

It was my impression that the guy on YT video was there for the lulz to say the least. Would you really invite a guy with a camera that would later show that your business treats the customers in an unfair way (those loud ones with camera get money first)?
sickhouse

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:17:08 PM

Good guy, why aren't more Japaneese people protesting this? They must be as outraged as this guy? Fucking asshole CEO.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:24:33 PM

Would you really invite a guy with a camera that would later show that your business treats the customers in an unfair way (those loud ones with camera get money first)?

Like I said, I would hope I was competent enough to avoid getting into this situation to begin with.

I don't really feel any pity for Gox at this point. No matter what they do in that situation they lose, but they put themselves in that situation to begin with!

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
sickhouse

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:19:59 PM

Good guy, why aren't more Japaneese people protesting this? They must be as outraged as this guy? Fucking asshole CEO.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 09:20:37 PM

Good to see the bitcoin community engaging in such intelligent debate.

Are psychos fat?

Are fat people psychos?

Only Satoshi knows the truth!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
technocoma

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:47:24 AM

I agree with you on lot of the above (withdrawals, shitty engine, poor communication, etc.) with two exceptions:

- money was not seized, but stolen (by mafia called US gov) - an individual (Mark) can do very little when attacked by bureaucrats; it is my understanding that he is repaying the damage out of his personal / business pocket to those who were affected

I'm not sure why the money was seized I know governments can get a bit happy on the seizing but I just put it down to another mistake in not having the correct things in place - but fair enough.

This is true that he wasn't handling a customer but he had been there for 2 days trying to talk to someone having flown across the world because he couldn't get any response from support. The fact he did that must mean he has a rather large amount of money on the line, if Mark, or I, or you where in his shoes how would we want to get treated? He could of easily taken a few minutes to take the guy inside and talk things over (away from camera).

I'm sure there may be better ways to handle it but i'm sure if we had a large % of our wealth on the line and were getting ignored we might not act quite as well as we would like.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: