Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:37:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announce] Fairbrix relaunched!  (Read 19074 times)
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 04:08:18 PM

If my receiving address in the client is fL8P1QjhrwCmFQ4yLiVsDpAENXoQvzWXLR, should that show in the block explorer?

Not until you actually receive somthing with it.  Addresses only show up in the block explorer when they exist in the block chain, which only happens when they have at least one transaction.

http://blockexplorer.sytes.net/address/fL8P1QjhrwCmFQ4yLiVsDpAENXoQvzWXLR

So mined blocks don't count then?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ama

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 04:12:06 PM

So mined blocks don't count then?

What do mined block have to do with your receiving address which actually never received anything?  I don't get it.

michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 04:15:57 PM

Well, when a block is generated, the block explorer indicates that it goes to an address, with an amount of 25.

If one searches such address, they find the generated block.  I just assumed that mining a block was a form of receipt which would show up in the explorer.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 05:13:57 PM

a little marketing would do fairbrix good.

what about cleaning up the first post of this thread and summing up the features and the main difference to tenebrix? I do not see the early fork as a problem. also with tenebrix there probably are people having plenty of coins brix.

Who will start the first exchange? with api?  the startup will just not work without it. if one should start I will put up a small page with some basic stats. or if bitcoinExpress pays me some of his booty.  Cheesy

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 10:41:29 PM

what about cleaning up the first post of this thread and summing up the features and the main difference to tenebrix? I do not see the early fork as a problem. also with tenebrix there probably are people having plenty of coins brix.

Who will start the first exchange? with api?  the startup will just not work without it. if one should start I will put up a small page with some basic stats. or if bitcoinExpress pays me some of his booty.  Cheesy

I cleaned up the first post. Good enough?

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 02:21:49 PM

great. how did you manage to get the links not working?  Wink

btw. I think I never copied the .conf file... I had the feeling tenebrixportable would use the one in /Data/fairbrix_files

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 07:37:32 PM

Same for me here, never copied the .conf file but it seems to be working fine.

great. how did you manage to get the links not working?  Wink

btw. I think I never copied the .conf file... I had the feeling tenebrixportable would use the one in /Data/fairbrix_files

wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 10:26:58 PM

Interesting.. 6888 blocks so far...

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 11:55:16 PM

Why doesn't lolcust attack and kill this again !?
iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 12:31:04 AM

Why doesn't lolcust attack and kill this again !?
good idea, it's really a scam copycat chain
worldinacoin

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 12:33:07 AM

It is very similar to Tenebrix no doubt, but I don't think how it is going to be a scam.
bulanula

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 12:34:11 AM

It is very similar to Tenebrix no doubt, but I don't think how it is going to be a scam.

It has not got an exchange so I cannot pump and dump it !!!
wknight
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 01:01:21 AM

What is there to kill? Until it gets an exchange I dont think people will mine it.. Unless you can trade it for something whats the point?

worldinacoin

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 01:08:48 AM

Then, do not mine it.  No one is taking out a gun and forcing you to mine Fairbrix, there are quite a lot of other coins for you to try.

bulanula

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 01:11:06 AM

Then, do not mine it.  No one is taking out a gun and forcing you to mine Fairbrix, there are quite a lot of other coins for you to try.

Sure, I will go with scammer's Bitcoin / Tenebrix. Or rather SC2 as that shows great promise ATM. All the other scam coins can perish.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 01:13:11 AM

What is there to kill? Until it gets an exchange I dont think people will mine it.. Unless you can trade it for something whats the point?

I guess those early bitcoin adopters were stupid to mine 1000 bitcoins a day way back when there were no bitcoin exchanges around.

wknight
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 01:17:09 AM

I guess those early bitcoin adopters were stupid to mine 1000 bitcoins a day way back when there were no bitcoin exchanges around.

You have a good point there Smiley

worldinacoin

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 01:20:07 AM

Tenebrix and GG founder did a good job having pools and exchanges in place.  But Fairbrix seemed to be more of a reaction to Tenebrix, not being able to get the exchanges or pools up does not mean that they are scammers, it just mean that they are less efficient or have less resources than Tenebrix and GG.   Who knows, maybe a month or two, such exchanges and pools may spring up.
wknight
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 01:35:03 AM

I just like the fact that there isnt 7.7 million pre-mined coins.. a lot!

However, is there support behind this Coin? Development?

worldinacoin

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 01:37:15 AM

Well, that's my worry too, that's why I am mining more of Solidcoin 2 as the earlier Solidcoin has shown a lot of good organization.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: