Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:59:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to make bitcoin a popular payment method?  (Read 2736 times)
Diablomania

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:08:37 PM

I think that it will take more than a long time to see bitcoin being a popular payment method, there was a huge fever durign the end of the last year, but i do not think that it will be repeated until the end of this year, or the beggining of 2019

gaurav82

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:17:08 PM

1. The fluctuation in price of Bitcoin is very high. The price should stable.
2. The government has not banned on it.

These two factors can make Bitcoin good payment method.
yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:20:36 PM

And it needs to be popularized too, lack of knowledge about bitcoin will never make it to become a payment method on some countries because they will not see any used of it if it is become unstable and volatile, so they need to be educated about it first then they will decide later.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
justtara

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:25:04 PM

You can make it popular by :

1) Using it as a payment medium.

2) Sharing resources about it on social media.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 05:35:57 PM

I think the best way is enlightenment. We should try to educate others on economics and money theory so they can understand why bitcoin is not any kind of bubble. Also, we shouldn't hold it to the very last satoshi, but should instead try to pay others in crypto instead of fiat so they can also have some crypto and start using it.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:37:41 PM

bitcoin is one of the main pioneers of the cryptocurrency world it makes some people choose to use bitcoin as a method of payment in transactions they do, but for now bitcoin has a rival that is ethereum that might beat bitcoin as a method of payment.
Joe103

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:57:25 PM

The only area I think Bitcoin may have challenge is its inability to be used as a store of value. This is because of the high volatility and price fluctuation that is associated with it. This has been the major debate and argument of those who are not willing to accept it.
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:11:05 PM

You can make it popular by :

1) Using it as a payment medium.

2) Sharing resources about it on social media.

It's not that easy. How can you use it to pay for a service is nobody offers to sell that service for Bitcoin? I'd be willing to spend some of my coins in local stores if they were accepting it. We can't say that spending is the way to it being used for payments. It's like saying that we need to buy houses so that companies start building them.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:52:26 AM

My personal point is Independence. When you invest into bitcoin you are independent from all government's in all over the world. You know in what you invest and what year what can you get in the future. It is the best benefits for bitcoin to be a currency in the future.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:42:04 PM

Bitcoin should become more stable in order to be a popular method of payment.Bitcoin or Altcoins have the potential to compete with fiat currency. they can be treated as a method of payment and a safe storage of value.
Correctly. In order for bitcoin to be used more as a method of payment for goods and services, it should be more stable, that is, to have less volatility. And will bitcoin ever be more stable? Not yet. To do this, it is necessary to change its decentralized nature, something to provide and regulate it. And since this can not be done, bitcoin will hardly ever be widely used as a method of payment.

jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:51:39 PM

Bitcoin is considered a form of payment in 2010. It is a true story, and one person bought pizza for 10,000 BTC. From then on, everyone thought Bitcoin was the online payment method
tranduc2101

Activity: 333

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:54:17 PM

Bitcoin should become more stable in order to be a popular method of payment.Bitcoin or Altcoins have the potential to compete with fiat currency. they can be treated as a method of payment and a safe storage of value. 
I do not think the price of Bitcoin will be stable. This is because the issue has led the government to suspect that Bitcoin is a dangerous cryptocurrency and could harm the economies of these countries.

nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:13:55 PM

For something that can become a popular means of payment, you need the following:
Store of value: allowing individuals to make intemporal choices on when to spend their purchasing power
Medium of exchange: facilitating the exchange of goods and services by eliminating the inefficiencies associated with a barter economy
Unit of account: acting as a measure of value in the economic system.
Do you think the bitcoin has all three of these elements? I am looking forward to the bitcoin will become a popular payment method in the future.
I believe Bitcoin bears the aforementioned qualities and hence qualifies to be a popular payment medium. Bitcoin is now one the most preferred medium of exchange covering across varied facets of business;supermarkets, shops, financial institutions etc. Its also a store of value because it enhances trade and investment. As a matter of fact Bitcoin is more beneficial when kept for a long period of time
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:28:35 PM

For something that can become a popular means of payment, you need the following:
Store of value: allowing individuals to make intemporal choices on when to spend their purchasing power
Medium of exchange: facilitating the exchange of goods and services by eliminating the inefficiencies associated with a barter economy
Do you think the bitcoin has all three of these elements? I am looking forward to the bitcoin will become a popular payment method in the future.

For me, bitcoin only need stabilize their prices. For merchant unstable just make they sometime lose their money, maybe they can gain money too from hodl, but i don't think they want it.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:02:02 AM

I think the bitcoin can work on it transaction speed many company will be glad to used it as a means of payment, because it decentralized which mean the ceo as full access to it money any time without third party, unlike bank that he will to consult the bank manager or cashas before payment can be made or withdraw fund. but many company are afraid of the transaction delay.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:19:33 AM

And it needs to be popularized too, lack of knowledge about bitcoin will never make it to become a payment method on some countries because they will not see any used of it if it is become unstable and volatile, so they need to be educated about it first then they will decide later.

I agree. Education is key for mass adoption. And I think the technology will speak for itself too. Once people get tired of slow transactions, of banks ripping them off and the hassle of overseas wire transfers, they'll definitely embrace the concept of a digital currency.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:27:19 AM

Bitcoin has all three elements but it is currently not recognized worldwide. Besides, it is a very good tool for whales to manipulate the market. Because the market will fluctuate at the price of Bitcoin.
I think Cryptocurrency needs to be protected and kept stable for Bitcoin. From then on it can be accepted by the whole world and become a popular payment method.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
bitcoineverything

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 02:37:28 AM

Bitcoin's very low transaction fees is what I think will make it popular as a payment method. Bitcoin transaction fees are definitely lower than banks. Since a few months ago, BTC transfer fees are at a major low.

We are here to give you all the latest from the Cryptocurrency space!
esprit man

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:31:06 PM

Yes
I think bitcoin transactions are the most popular payment method. Bitcoin transactions are increasing day by day. Bitcoin transactions are much safer and faster. Bitcoin transaction costs are very low. Paper money can not be kept with all the time, it has many risks. The robbers are afraid of it. Bitcoin can be kept as much as you want. So bitcoin transactions are becoming popular day by day.
npolie

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:33:26 PM

Bitcoin transactions are increasing day by day. At present, bitcoin transactions popular payment method. Bitcoin is less risk of transaction. Paper money transactions are not always beneficial, paper money is risky if you keep a lot of money. Bitcoin trading is not such a risk. Bitcoin transactions will increase, more popular.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: