Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:41:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Vs Centralized Exchanges  (Read 782 times)
Tomahawk One Two

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:54:14 PM

Same as my thread before.
Main point is : We use cryptocurrency because we hate Centralized, but why we use Centralized Exchanger to save money? Why we use centralized to store decentralized money?

But, decentralized exchanger have bad issue, like etherdelta
The Etherdelta exchange recently updated the web interface. I did not test it, but I think that the update should help solve some of the existing problems with this exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:07:57 PM

Main point is : We use cryptocurrency because we hate Centralized, but why we use Centralized Exchanger to save money? Why we use centralized to store decentralized money?

there is a big flaw in this argument in my opinion and that is the fact that you claim that you want to use cryptocurrency to benefit from that decentralization but then the only thing you care about is trading them... i find it contradictory with the main idea.

for example if you believe in decentralization of money through bitcoin for example, you don't even need to have an exchange account! exchanges are for traders who want to make profit (usually on their *surprise surprise* fiat). if you want bitcoin you don't even have to buy it, you can earn it like asking your boss to pay you in bitcoin, if you have a shop then sell your goods for bitcoin,... then you will be using bitcoin without even needing exchanges whether centralized or decentralized.

There is a FOMO brewing...
cetald

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 05:12:56 PM

Cryptocurrency is a symbol of independence. Independence from no one, including the leadership of the cryptoexchange. If the cryptoexchange is centralized, it is subject to government influence through influence on the leadership.

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:56:39 PM

Since cryptocurrency is design with a sole motive of being decentralized in nature I think decentralized exchange will be the best option because exchanging a decentralized commodity on a centralized exchange is like putting it or subjecting it to what is originally not design for it which will lead to it to be conditioned to adopt centralized processing which is outside it domain.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:17:23 PM

I prefer centralised exchanges, they offer a nicer user interference, better security features and have a lot of coins available for trading. Until Decentralised exchanges implement better features and a nicer interface I don't see them competing with he centralised exchanges.
kingkonjac

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:43:53 PM

in my opinion decentralized exchanges are far more better than the centralized ones becuase recently we have seen more than 7 hacks in only 1,5 months whereas no centralized exchange have taken the responsibility on the other hand no dex was hacked.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:54:53 AM

everyone would prefer decentralized exchanges but only if they were good enough to satisfy their trading needs. one of the biggest problems that i see with decentralized exchanges is that they are not easy to use and not as user friendly as they should be. this means people still go to centralized exchanges instead.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
libert19

Activity: 2478
Merit: 940

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 07:57:13 AM

Hello guys, hope you are doing well  Smiley

With the rise of ICOs and new projects working on Decentralized exchanges (DEX) and raising millions, I'm wondered how people in the crypto community perceive it and why a lot prefers DEX rather than centralized exchanges. Indeed we have seen many interesting projects with hype, such as IDEX, Waves or Stellar, and some looks really promising like NEONEX.

Decentralized Vs Centralized exchanges: Where do you stand? And why?

I personally like decentralized exchanges, generally they don't have hefty fees like centralized exchanges.

Btw recent bancor hack busted the myth of decentralized exchanged are full proof against hacks.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:53:50 AM

Both are prone to hacking. You can never really trust be sure of an exchange's security wether it's centralized or decentralized.

There's just not much volume in decentralized exchanges that only small traders use it. It's also not easy to use for average users.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:03:06 AM

Both are prone to hacking. You can never really trust be sure of an exchange's security wether it's centralized or decentralized.

yes but the hack scenarios are very different from each other.
the centralized exchange hack happens one time and in that time they steal everything. like hacking $20 million in one go.
but in case of a decentralized exchange since there is no one entity holding all the funds they have to hack every person so it is harder and the resulting loss is smaller.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
clonely

Activity: 490

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:06:52 AM

It is important that the bitcoins and cryptos are decentralized, but we have seen that the decentralized stock exchanges to date have not been sufficient in terms of volume. For this reason, centralized stock markets are more useful.

nanasei

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:12:47 AM

Centralize exchange offers the services that decentralize exchange don't , when you are in need of support, the haste which you get replied by a customer service of a centralized exchange can't be be compared to decentralized exchange.
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:20:53 AM

Dex is a very safe exchange place compared to the exchange of Centralized Exchanges. For non-socialized and centralized exchanges are exchanges that do not allow users to control the private key of their crypto funds, and vice versa, they store the key on a centralized server or database. this exchange of Centralized Exchanges creates a gap for hackers to hack, so it's more dangerous and risky.
NerdofBTC

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:24:03 AM

I will prefer decentralized exchange because a decentralized exchange is an exchange market that does not rely on a third party service to hold the customer's funds. Instead, trades occur directly between users (peer to peer) through an automated process. This system can be achieved by creating proxy tokens (crypto assets that represent a certain fiat or crypto currency) or assets (that can represent shares in a company for example) or through a decentralized multi-signature escrow system, among other solutions that are currently being developed
headkrap

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:22:01 PM

Decentralised so it gets more difficult for governments and hackers to take them down

By the way, NeoNEX will be hugeee guysss
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:48:47 PM

Decentralised:   - cant handle high load, low liquidity, risk of poor implemented systems locking or losing tokens with no one taking responsibility. No fiat gateway likely. Bypass KYC/AML so regulators may see as threat.  + bypass KYC, no limits on withdraw amounts, lower risk of direct hack
Centralised: - higher risk of hack, also can have low liquidity and struggle with load, rubbish support not taking responsibility.  + can support high load and liquidity, regulatory compliance offers mainstream adoption.  offer some support.

Really it doesnt matter the model used, unless they are well designed amd implemented in terms of code, infrastructure and support, they will be poor.  centralised exchanges have the opportunity to be better as there is more interest (profit) in producing a stable, quality platform.  decentralised is nice for the purists and potential to be better *if* someone puts in the effort without reward to build it properly.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:56:38 PM

With the rise of ICOs and new projects working on Decentralized exchanges (DEX) and raising millions, I'm wondered how people in the crypto community perceive it and why a lot prefers DEX rather than centralized exchanges. Indeed we have seen many interesting projects with hype, such as IDEX, Waves or Stellar, and some looks really promising like NEONEX.

For me, i will prefer to choose decentralized system than centralized system. This is because the decentralized system can give us more access and freedom to our own assets than centralized system.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:58:19 PM

I prefer centralised exchanges, they offer a nicer user interference, better security features and have a lot of coins available for trading. Until Decentralised exchanges implement better features and a nicer interface I don't see them competing with he centralised exchanges.
Even me, I would also prefer a centralised exchange because what ever discrepancies happen you have the rights to complaint to whom it may concern but in decentralised exchange you get what you do, you get what you may not supposed to get and you can't complaint with respecting action from the implementor.
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:00:10 PM

I appreciate decentralised exchanges like IDEX because it's the simplest solution for you to make instant exchanges without worrying about having to perform multiple procedures or be restricted Money in the 24 hours as the focus floor.

jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:15:42 PM

I bet on centralized exchanges because it has third party service to extra protect our funds even with more fees to pay.  Decentralized exchanges are prone to hacker attacks since it has only a main system to hold their customer's funds. Centralized exchanges limits our move because they want their customer to be secure and no conflicts between the buyer and seller.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: