Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:48:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst WC in the last 30yrs!  (Read 111 times)
Batzko (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:58:49 PM

I've watched all of the World Cups since 1990. and from my perspective this is the worst one yet. I mean Italy and Netherlands didn't even qualify, Germany played abysmal and they deserved what they got, I've got no words for Argentina with Messi acting as a coach, Brasil with the deep diver Neimar is the weakest Brasil that I've ever seen etc.

I mean even England will have an opportunity to win it this year with this, compared to previous generations with far better players like D. Beckham/R. Ferdinand/P. Scholes etc., very average group of players.

Don't get me wrong and I mean no disrespect to England, Croatia, Russia, Sweden, France and Belgium but I doubt that this teams would even come to this stage if we were watching them 10-20yrs ago. Well maybe Belgium and France.

As far as VAR, I think it's a good thing for football. In the long run we'll have less dives and brutal tackles, players will learn that everything is being monitored and they can't hide anything, we'll have more goals per match and the game will be more fun. They only need to change the rule that VAR is optional. That's bad because right now the referee can choose not to even look at the VAR if he doesn't want to do it. That can lead to some bad result altering situations that we've already witnessed at this WC. But overall it's a good thing in my opinion.

So all of you football fans, are you enjoying this WC? What are your thoughts on the VAR and the overall quality of football?

Is this the worst one in the last 30yrs, what do you think?
Paycomesell

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:43:42 PM

Are you kidding me ?
Batzko (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:23:33 PM

Are you kidding me ?

No, not at all. I really think that this is the worst one in years. The only bright thing about this WC is Kylian Mbappé. He'll be a great player for sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: