Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:44:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Could such Advent Calendar be interesting for you?
Yes - 2 (66.7%)
No - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] Advent calendar for cryptocurrencies enthusiasts 🎁  (Read 189 times)
tracyspacy (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 11

BTC loans -> tinyurl.com/tracy-btc-loans

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 02:10:42 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 03:21:15 PM by tracyspacy

I have an idea to create an Advent Calendar specially for cryptocurrencies enthusiasts. I suppose it should looks like usual calendar (box) that contains 24 gifts like coupons for miners, some special conditions to try new services, free tokens, discounts for icos etc.

If you find this idea interesting, please write down which gifts you would like to see in it.

Or do you think this Calendar considering current crypto environment fated to consist of just shitty ads?

[edited]

- price up to 50 USD (better to sell for crypto).
- Gifts: physical stuff like coins and crypto memorabilia + coupons, discounts + bitcointalk Rank pins like Hero member, Legendary etc Smiley
- How to sell: bitcointalk with Pre-order.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
positivemonitor

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:47:47 PM

Why I can't vote?
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 03:06:30 PM

Could be a cool little gimmick just before Christmas time, if you find a decent place to sell it at.
I wouldn't do coupons though, because I think they're not exactly fun little presents.

Would look more at adding something physical in there, like small coins and crypto memorabilia.
Problem is that you need to keep it cheap enough too...

tracyspacy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 03:15:03 PM

Could be a cool little gimmick just before Christmas time, if you find a decent place to sell it at.
I wouldn't do coupons though, because I think they're not exactly fun little presents.

Would look more at adding something physical in there, like small coins and crypto memorabilia.

thank you for your reply and ideas. I also thought to put some material stuff in it like souvenir btc coin, stickers or even t-shirt.
Im totally agree, that it should be cheap enough and also not too big.

What price is acceptable for you? up to 50 in my mind.

tracyspacy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:39:03 PM

Why I can't vote?

Not sure, maybe because you are "Brand new"

tracyspacy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:03:03 PM

little bit updated

eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:26:46 AM

thank you for your reply and ideas. I also thought to put some material stuff in it like souvenir btc coin, stickers or even t-shirt.
Im totally agree, that it should be cheap enough and also not too big.

What price is acceptable for you? up to 50 in my mind.

Yeah at 50 dollars, you will get some people that will buy it, but then it really needs to be a premium box, with some really good presents.
If you could do it for between 30 and 40 dollars, that would be a better price point.

Be sure that you make the design of the box really professional and also sell it on the forum.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:34:04 AM

I have an idea to create an Advent Calendar specially for cryptocurrencies enthusiasts. I suppose it should looks like usual calendar (box) that contains 24 gifts like coupons for miners, some special conditions to try new services, free tokens, discounts for icos etc.

If you are going to tie it to religion (Advent) I don't think you'll do too well.... interest in crypto and belief in sky fairies usually don't go together.  The mass increase of religious people on this forum in the last year are tied to signature campaigns, and those people won't spend their money on anything crypto related.

Also, how would you issue cryptocurrencies in the calendar without you knowing the private key?  Could be an expensive set up cost, which would increase your min sell break even number.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 10:36:48 AM

If you are going to tie it to religion (Advent) I don't think you'll do too well.... interest in crypto and belief in sky fairies usually don't go together.  The mass increase of religious people on this forum in the last year are tied to signature campaigns, and those people won't spend their money on anything crypto related.

Also, how would you issue cryptocurrencies in the calendar without you knowing the private key?  Could be an expensive set up cost, which would increase your min sell break even number.

I don't really see an advent calendar as directly tied to religion as it used to be, non-religious people would probably buy them as well.
It's just a fun gimmick to count the days till Christmas, which also has religious connotations.

Most of the advent calendars here (Belgium) have pictures of snow-men and Christmas trees.

You're right about including crypto without knowing the private key, I don't see how you could do that without knowing the private key yourself.
Now that I think a bit more about it, it's probably going to be very difficult to get to a decent price point.

You don't have too many cheap options for presents, especially if they all have to be crypto related.

If you really think that the word 'advent' will cause people to ignore such a product, call it a Christmas Countdown Calendar. Might not want to abbreviate that to CCC, that has a whole other range of possible connotations Cheesy

Edit: I see that you're planning to sell them through pre-order, I would advise against that. That would definitely make me not want to buy it, just way too risky.

tracyspacy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 05:50:05 PM

If you are going to tie it to religion (Advent) I don't think you'll do too well.... interest in crypto and belief in sky fairies usually don't go together.  The mass increase of religious people on this forum in the last year are tied to signature campaigns, and those people won't spend their money on anything crypto related.

Also, how would you issue cryptocurrencies in the calendar without you knowing the private key?  Could be an expensive set up cost, which would increase your min sell break even number.

Interesting point, I have never considered Advent Calendars to be tightly connected with religion. In my opinion its more about holiday spirit, which is beloved by many people regardless of their attitude toward religion. At least here in Germany in big cities its just for fun, there are a lot of different variations such as calendars for soccer fans, with cosmetics, even with alcohol drinks. So its far away from religion.

tracyspacy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:20:21 PM

If you are going to tie it to religion (Advent) I don't think you'll do too well.... interest in crypto and belief in sky fairies usually don't go together.  The mass increase of religious people on this forum in the last year are tied to signature campaigns, and those people won't spend their money on anything crypto related.

Also, how would you issue cryptocurrencies in the calendar without you knowing the private key?  Could be an expensive set up cost, which would increase your min sell break even number.

I don't really see an advent calendar as directly tied to religion as it used to be, non-religious people would probably buy them as well.
It's just a fun gimmick to count the days till Christmas, which also has religious connotations.

Most of the advent calendars here (Belgium) have pictures of snow-men and Christmas trees.

You're right about including crypto without knowing the private key, I don't see how you could do that without knowing the private key yourself.
Now that I think a bit more about it, it's probably going to be very difficult to get to a decent price point.

You don't have too many cheap options for presents, especially if they all have to be crypto related.

If you really think that the word 'advent' will cause people to ignore such a product, call it a Christmas Countdown Calendar. Might not want to abbreviate that to CCC, that has a whole other range of possible connotations Cheesy

Edit: I see that you're planning to sell them through pre-order, I would advise against that. That would definitely make me not want to buy it, just way too risky.

1. firstly crypto advent calendar is just idea now, I'm not sure it will be done at least this year. I decided to explore this idea with a community to understand if there potential for it.

2. Why absence of private key can cause problem?
This year I was at Blockchain conference and guys from achain promoted themselves by giving free scratch cards with ACT coins away. To receive this coins you should redeem code from scratch card in their wallet. Im not sure if many wallets allow that, but this approach seems to be very effective.

3. As pre-order. I don't think it will be risky, we could use escrow service for pre-orders. 

4. As my initial idea was to create advent calendar together with bitcointalk community and for bitcointalk community, I think it's logical to add as gifts some special offers from people who already provide their services on bitcointalk such as loans, escrow etc. It's just my thoughts, no preliminary discussions yet.   

eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 12:04:06 PM

How would escrow work in this case? I assume you'd need the money upfront for production and design etc.
The escrow should be released when people have received their product, so I don't see how you would do this.

Are you planning on funding this all by yourself?

tracyspacy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 02:31:12 PM

How would escrow work in this case? I assume you'd need the money upfront for production and design etc.
The escrow should be released when people have received their product, so I don't see how you would do this.

Are you planning on funding this all by yourself?

As I have understood, you was against pre-order due to big risks for customers. This problem can be solved with ESCROW - you order calendar, send money to escrow, when I send you calendar, money from escrow goes to my wallet Smiley.
Simultaneously as I see amount of preorders I know how many calendars I should produce and Im sure I will receive this money.
Pre-order minimizes my risks as producer too, lets say I start pre-order in October, receive for ex 100 orders, I will have 1 month for production and can ship calendars from November. So in case I will be able to cover this production volume myself, I can borrow money, knowing funds on escrow.

This approach allows to minimize initial investments, what I should definitely do on my own - produce 1 box.
Generally speaking, if this idea will be beloved by community members, I think here are some people who can contribute in design and production and other fields.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: