Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:22:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are not independent!  (Read 512 times)
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 02:10:45 PM

How many studying this forum, I see a lot of topics, such as:
"Ethereum is dead?"
"Achieving Etherium$ 15,000 or more this year?"
"The price of Litecoin will reach 400?"
"Why is EOS falling?"And many similar questions..
Obviously people creating this kind of topics to create attention for the specific coin they are investing and by creating this kind of threads it draws more attention to the public and make them wonder what is going on in this specific coin and trying to encourage them to invest to make the price go up. On the other side some people creating threads like this to create FUDS to lower down the price of the coin to open an opportunity for them to invest. But in reality these markets are dependent on the price of the two major coins in the market, BTC and ETH and all you have to do is mark its price and wait forit to rise up and start gaining from your investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kulakvlad

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:29:09 PM

I agree, now the market is like this. I think that over time the situation will be better and some altcoins will become independent.

tillerthekiller

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 02:31:37 PM

As BTC grows it sucks the sats from altcoin and once BTC dominance is re-established, sats return back to alts. This has been happening for quite a while.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

In situations like this, yes, almost all altcoins are dependent to btc especially that all of them.are traded against BTC. But I remember in the past that there are altcoins who are reversely proportional to btc.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
mr.nby

Activity: 307

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

Yes, you are right. The price of altcoins are dependent on the price of Bitcoin. When the price of Bitcoin falls, the price of other altcoin falls well.

All altcoins depend on a different currency. Everything on the market is interrelated. Most altcoins were created on ERC20 so they depend on eth and create a pair used to trade. Eth creates a pair with btc so it is obvious that it depends on the btc price.
hewbrowden

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:49:58 PM

"Ethereum is dead?"
"Why is EOS falling?"And many similar questions.. I want to give an explanation of what is happening... Everyone should understand that individually neither Etherium nor Litecoin, virtually no cryptocurrency will not go against the General mood of the market! That is, where the most important cryptocurrency Bitcoin is sent, all Altcoins follow it. And if now the price of Etherium is 430$, although at the peak reached 1440$, then this does not mean that the Etherium died, and this is primarily due to the fact that Bitcoin at the moment is not worth 20000$, as then, but 6000$. And only Bitcoin begins to come to life, once the entire market is green. I understand that for many this is not news, but I hope this information will be useful to someone...

In general, this is correct but not only Bitcoin affects Ethereum. For example, now we see that Bitcoin is more expensive every day and Ether is cheap, although it should be the opposite.
rayjellanajao

Activity: 224

Strategist

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 02:55:50 PM

Yeah, most altcoins are depending on bitcoin. As bitcoin price increases, altcoins follow and that's where the green market appears but also when the bitcoin price decreases so as altcoins. That's why we can't expect some altcoins to increase their prices on their own. It still depends on the bitcoin price.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:08:13 PM

"Ethereum is dead?"
"Why is EOS falling?"And many similar questions.. I want to give an explanation of what is happening... Everyone should understand that individually neither Etherium nor Litecoin, virtually no cryptocurrency will not go against the General mood of the market! That is, where the most important cryptocurrency Bitcoin is sent, all Altcoins follow it. And if now the price of Etherium is 430$, although at the peak reached 1440$, then this does not mean that the Etherium died, and this is primarily due to the fact that Bitcoin at the moment is not worth 20000$, as then, but 6000$. And only Bitcoin begins to come to life, once the entire market is green. I understand that for many this is not news, but I hope this information will be useful to someone...

Altcoins are independent to each other and also with the Bitcoin that's why some altcoin have zero value and the Bitcoin have a higher value like also for example what happen for today that the Bitcoin price hiking up high and the Ethereum and other alt are remains at the bottom, so these means altcoin are independent to Bitcoin .
Sebas.tian

Activity: 1988
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:16:44 PM

As BTC grows it sucks the sats from altcoin and once BTC dominance is re-established, sats return back to alts. This has been happening for quite a while.
This is true. In fact, around this same time last year, the market has undergone what some people dubbed as "altcoin season". Whereas interestingly, bitcoin was tanking and the alts are gaining. This is the only time I have seen alts become more detached from the price of bitcoin.

RasicaOla12

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:39:56 PM

Altcoin is an alternative to Bitcoin and has the potential to overcome the shortcomings that Bitcoin has not overcome yet. Although there are a lot of Altcoin still trying to surpass Bicoin but no coin do that altcoin has a relationship to support each other.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:01:26 AM

Of course not, the alternativecoins are independent one, because they are not depending to anyone to be a able to have a lots of investors or traders in this kind of business and industry.
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:22:21 AM

My answer is always bitcoin will always beat all. this is due to, “because Bitcoin is king/queen, and the other coins are at best following it.

It is hard to come up with a fundamental algo with which to price coins, so coin prices just follow Bitcoin as a sort of gold standard (“the Bitcoin Standard”).

It is the number one coin, and thus it is the coin that decides the market price in general.

If there is another standard way of changing ALTs to other currencies example to FIAT. it would much less affected to the price of BTC.
Abbey77

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:42:59 AM

They are not independent, there is a connection with bitcoin, so this is associated with altcoin that when there is pumping up in bitcoin, there will be low in price for altcoin... Though not only bitcoin affect altcoin.
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 02:53:44 AM

I agree with your analogy. All altcoins are of course are obviously dependent with bitcoin that is why every time the btc goes down all other altcoins would go dip as well. Also I believed that crypto markets are being manipulated by those people who has huge holdings of different assets. I guess it is better if all the exchange platform would require minimun trade just like with idex so that it could lessen the manipulation of trades by those people who would want to just play with the crypto price.
Honzell

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

Alphateca.com

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:44:30 AM

that's true, actually, the altcoin prices will follow the price of bitcoin. and we cannot predict when the price of crypto will rise. all we can do is wait until the price goes up and hold the coins that we have until the crypto price in the market rise again. we must be able to manage crypto assets well so we do not suffer losses.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
drants

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:54:06 AM

"Ethereum is dead?"

thank you for your observations! yes, i've noticed it too and also i guess bitcoin is dependend from something i can't figure out yet. but still, alt follows btc indeed

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
magnat7691

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:58:32 AM

Nobody doubts that Bitcoin is a leader in the crypto-currency market, its fluctuations are exposed to all altcoins.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
boutiquecrypto

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:02:54 PM

I agree with you because Altcoin only follows the prices on the market from Bitcoin. therefore bitcoin is also called the king of coins.
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:26:54 PM

Your explanation in this thread has answered the bounty of the bounty hunter, the answer that you give that altcoin is not independent, that is true, which means that Ethereum will not die and will not reach high prices without being accompanied by other altcoins, in my opinion it depends on the price of Bitcoin too

SeXy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:07:44 PM

Altcoin is not queen and it's cost is dependent on the cost of bitcoin. The encompassing ass is that bitcoin is the imperator crypto and has even frank over the amusement fair.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: