Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] VGC - VegasCoin  (Read 74410 times)
___TR___

Activity: 208
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:02:50 AM

Bringing on a well known dev to make things run smooth. Wont mention name unless they want to reveal. Still working on final details.

What we know so far that wont change:
Algo: Scrypt
Brand new wallet written from ground up, new chain, new addnodes, new graphics
POW and POS hybrid
Mineable for years to come
VERY low coin count
Coin swap (if possible). The ratio will be extreme: something like 50:1 to bring money supply WAY down < 1 Mil

Vegas

I like it!

I really like the low coin count idea.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:12:20 AM

Bringing on a well known dev to make things run smooth. Wont mention name unless they want to reveal. Still working on final details.

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count
Coin swap (if possible). The ratio will be extreme: something like 50:1 to bring money supply WAY down < 1 Mil

Vegas

I like it!

There will be a strong emphasis on keeping coin supply very low, and prices high. Inflation will kill the best coin. That Wont happen here.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Pito001

Activity: 301

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:05:27 AM

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count

Vegas

Smart move on the coin swap, that way you keep the loyal community in the game.

50:1 sounds very reasonable to me

I would advise against scrypt or sha256 , but its your call of course

Agreed 50:1 is reasonable if the ratio of the supply is simular.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
clapperhead

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:50:22 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 02:58:34 AM by clapperhead

Just my notice of posted announcement on Comkort... they will be shutting down on July 1st, going out of business.
https://comkort.com/blog/news/comkort_close
They are accepting deposits and sending withdrawals as of right now though.  Guess this is last exchange for Vegas?
Pito001

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:50:06 AM

Just my notice of posted announcement on Comkort... they will be shutting down on July 1st, going out of business.
They are accepting deposits and sending withdrawals as of right now though.  Guess this is last exchange for Vegas?

Someone didn't do his homework  Lips sealed  Wink

New coin coming, with - if possible - a coinswap. No need for having exchanges right now. Unless the coinswap is a sure thing, but it isn't.  Undecided
Read up for more info.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
clapperhead

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:23:30 AM

New coin coming, with - if possible - a coinswap. No need for having exchanges right now. Unless the coinswap is a sure thing, but it isn't.  Undecided
Read up for more info.
Ahh... wow.  Homework... Comkort is going out of business.  My simple last sentence question was is there another exchange and had nothing to do with the changes that I had already "read up for more info", it's not a big thread... jerk.
Pito001

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:09:23 PM

Read up for more info.
Ahh... wow.  Homework... Comkort is going out of business.  My simple last sentence question was is there another exchange and had nothing to do with the changes that I had already "read up for more info", it's not a big thread... jerk.

Someone needs a hug.  Kiss
I was just trying to explain that your question has been covered in this thread, multiple times and more importantly that there is absolutely no point in having an exchange right now.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
dennislevy

Activity: 300

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:39:52 AM

Its gonna be redone, and coin supply brought WAY down <1 MILLION coins, and POS added that will be double digits MAX (10%-50%).  It will be a POW/POS hybrid. Everything will be done to keep money supply as low as possible while still keeping interest using POS and POW mining for years. A coin swap MIGHT be done if the old coin is not too jacked up. Im assembling a team as we speak. Once again, I wont move fast, but everything will be QUALITY, QUALITY.

Vegas
Before I invest and Not to mention names however please tell me you are not using a big staking company to back you? I got a spot on my shirt bummer

Would not be several @spots?

dennislevy

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:27:50 AM

Hey, Vegas

I think you should use a variable POS in keeping with the Las Vegas spirit. Like LOTTO coin. Not to high, mind you, between 10%-!00%
on a yearly basis. And not based on network weight, so everyone gets a fair chance. We both know how whales take advantage of the smaller fish.
Once coin is up and running, probably would not be to hard to get listed at Cryptopia to start with. Also, I think the coin should be affordable for the masses.
We do not need billions of coins, but less than a million? Not so sure on that. Saturn squished down their coin amount, did not help keep the value up.
Another thing coin inflation can be somewhat controlled with difficulty fluctuations. Like HYP, TEK, and TRK. Also staking time can be used to control inflation.
Could also replicate the one arm bandit and get nothing on a stake amount from time to time. Well, maybe something, like 1%-100%
I will try and down load the wallet, and try to snag some from Comkort before they shut down.

Peace, Dennis

thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:07:11 PM

Hey, Vegas

I think you should use a variable POS in keeping with the Las Vegas spirit. Like LOTTO coin. Not to high, mind you, between 10%-!00%
on a yearly basis. And not based on network weight, so everyone gets a fair chance. We both know how whales take advantage of the smaller fish.
Once coin is up and running, probably would not be to hard to get listed at Cryptopia to start with. Also, I think the coin should be affordable for the masses.
We do not need billions of coins, but less than a million? Not so sure on that. Saturn squished down their coin amount, did not help keep the value up.
Another thing coin inflation can be somewhat controlled with difficulty fluctuations. Like HYP, TEK, and TRK. Also staking time can be used to control inflation.
Could also replicate the one arm bandit and get nothing on a stake amount from time to time. Well, maybe something, like 1%-100%
I will try and down load the wallet, and try to snag some from Comkort before they shut down.

Peace, Dennis

Keep in mind, it was mentioned a coin swap would be done if possible.

I would hate to see you waste much Bitcoin if it turned out not to be possible
dennislevy

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:27:39 PM

Hey, Vegas

Peace, Dennis

Keep in mind, it was mentioned a coin swap would be done if possible.

I would hate to see you waste much Bitcoin if it turned out not to be possible

I was not going to spend much, since not sure what is going to happen as of yet. I do not think VGS is POS? Which would mean a fork.
Or a new block chain to swap old for new coins. Vegas is pretty ticked off at Spots! Not sure if anger was talking, or really going to take the
bull by the horns? Going to cost him some money for a dev, website, among other things. Plus needs to build this community back up. Which
is going to take some time to do. Vegas has a few people less than happy with him from several other ANN threads. Would not surprise me to
see some of them trolling and spreading FUD around, if he does go ahead and take control of this coin. If he does, definitely going to see things
from the side. Hope, Vegas can keep his temper in check. Making decisions based on emotions, usually not a good idea. Going to have to let the
flack, roll off his back and stay focused on the job at hand. I know he can build Vegas coin back up and then some. Has a great name, that is
recognizable. Millions, if not a billion people have heard of Las Vegas. I know millions of people visit Las Vegas every year. I really liked the
original dev's idea of using the coin like a coupon, for promoting various businesses in the area. People could buy the coins before coming out
to Las Vegas. What would be really cool, is to be able to redeem the coins for a coupon booklet. That has coupons for a multitude of various
businesses in the area. Could sell the coupon booklets for x amount of coins. Or QR codes for discounts at different businesses. A lot of people
have smart phones. Wallets now have android apps. With a little thought, has endless possibilities.
Just have to wait and see how things go forward from here.

Peace, Dennis

clapperhead

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:01:52 PM

Looks like I broke something, transferred large amount from Comkort 100k+ and seemed immediately chain went down. Approx. 12cmt
___TR___

Activity: 208

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:45:29 AM

Looks like I broke something, transferred large amount from Comkort 100k+ and seemed immediately chain went down. Approx. 12cmt

Transactions over 10,000 VGC have been known to get stuck. I have several stuck transactions, nearly 86k total.
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 04:00:02 AM

Vegas coin..... i remember when it was launched,  hope you guys are doing well l!!  Smiley

thefix
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:28:28 AM

Best to do small amounts at a time

Hope it shows up for you
thefix
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:17:38 PM

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count

Vegas

I like it!

There will be a strong emphasis on keeping coin supply very low, and prices high. Inflation will kill the best coin. That Wont happen here.

Vegas

Still thinking about taking this over or have you come to your senses yet?   Wink
Pito001

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:51:38 AM

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count

Vegas

I like it!

Vegas

Still thinking about taking this over or have you come to your senses yet?   Wink

I think the silence just answered your question  Wink Although he did say it would take time... Let's check back next year.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
dennislevy

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:53:59 AM

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count

Vegas

I like it!

Vegas

Still thinking about taking this over or have you come to your senses yet?   Wink

I think you should take over this coin. You seem more interested than Vegas. My guess is he was blowing hot air at Spots.
He has been more active on another thread, that wants to restart up MMXIV, TEETH, and the old Gorilla Bucks wallets and block chains.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1108502.20

Peace, Dennis

clapperhead

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:53:36 PM

My little ole 600kh looked great there for a couple of days mining every block.  Guess somebody else came back on board.
clapperhead

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:07:44 PM

My little ole 600kh looked great there for a couple of days mining every block.  Guess somebody else came back on board.
Well, guess not since I shut down and none of my immatures matured until I started back up.  Yes, I am the only one mining this coin right now!  Someone tell me how stupid that is?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: