Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:31:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] VGC - VegasCoin  (Read 74410 times)
___TR___

Activity: 208
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:18:53 AM

Not much happening here.
Coin definitely needs new life.

if you will find a new block you will earn 0.0004 $

Very rarely will you earn that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:05:37 AM

Is anyone having a problem with transactions that never confirm? The only way I can get funds through is to split them into transactions of about 5000 VGC each. Any larger transactions get stuck and show 0 confirms. Note the oldest set of transactions have been stuck at 0 confirms for a month.

I can't see any massive blockchain reorganisations that would invalidate my mined blocks, nor does the client complain about coins already spent (I did a rescan anyway).

Any ideas?

edit: I see there's 334 transactions sitting in the mempool, so I guess it's not just me...
___TR___

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:41:07 AM

Is anyone having a problem with transactions that never confirm? The only way I can get funds through is to split them into transactions of about 5000 VGC each. Any larger transactions get stuck and show 0 confirms. Note the oldest set of transactions have been stuck at 0 confirms for a month.

I can't see any massive blockchain reorganisations that would invalidate my mined blocks, nor does the client complain about coins already spent (I did a rescan anyway).

Any ideas?

edit: I see there's 334 transactions sitting in the mempool, so I guess it's not just me...

Vegascoin has an issue when the number of input transactions gets too high and the transaction gets stuck in the chain. If you are mining, its best to send no more than 5000 at a time at 15 vgc per block reward. When the block reward was 30 vgc you could send 10,000 without issue. I have 100's of thousands of vgc stuck in the chain due to this bug.

I reported this issue back in Dec. 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=466312.msg9984347#msg9984347
tezaurop

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:43:57 AM

I think that the price was high and not understated as it was on comkort - but on allcrypt sold well and the price was good

I miss allcrypt
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:01:17 PM

[img]Is anyone having a problem with transactions that never confirm? The only way I can get funds through is to split them into transactions of about 5000 VGC each. Any larger transactions get stuck and show 0 confirms. Note the oldest set of transactions have been stuck at 0 confirms for a month.
[...]

Vegascoin has an issue when the number of input transactions gets too high and the transaction gets stuck in the chain. If you are mining, its best to send no more than 5000 at a time at 15 vgc per block reward. When the block reward was 30 vgc you could send 10,000 without issue. I have 100's of thousands of vgc stuck in the chain due to this bug.

I reported this issue back in Dec. 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=466312.msg9984347#msg9984347

I'm having a look at the source to see if I can hack in some changes to get my client to incorporate those transactions into a block I mine, but I suspect the issue may be something silly, like the client being able to create a transaction that never gets accepted by the network because it's too big. I looked at a few random transactions in the mempool and they're all 64k+ in size; quite large and complex.

I do have a way of recovering the stuck coins, restoring the balance of the stuck transactions to the wallet, but it's fairly tedious, and requires modifications to the source. If my attempts at allowing larger transactions fail then I should be able to help people recover their VGC (for a nominal donation Smiley )

It's important to note that if I am able to successfully incorporate the zombie transactions they WILL confirm and the coins will no longer be recoverable from your wallet. If you sent a bunch to Comkort in 2015 (or whatever) and your transaction is in the mempool (eg you start the client and it resends the outstanding transactions to the mempool), the transaction-in-limbo will become binding.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:20:37 PM

Okay, I have figured it out. A fair few transactions went through once the client started up, more than I intended. Nothing was happening for several minutes, then suddenly a bunch of mempool transactions arrived and the blocks went out before I noticed.

A total of 40 mempool transactions have now been incorporated into mined blocks. 34 of them (about 300k VGC total) were to Qh7MF7s8qcGYfL6V7RpThpQ4zM2EsA9mSD. I really hope that's a current, usable address, and the confirm hasn't just effectively burned those funds.

For the moment I've reverted back to the default client behaviour, whilst I can figure out where to go from here.

I need people to tell me if they want any further transactions stuck in limbo (and, going forward, any future transactions above 5000 VGC) to be confirmed? Or are they years old and sent to addresses which are no longer in use, like comkort or allcrypt? If it's the latter then we need to recover coins from your wallet before I continue clearing the backlog.

If my actions today have helped you at all, please consider donating to my address -> QV6itTAzGMtyRXyRuzpjYHkHwgjN2nLMUp

edit: my mined blocks ended up orphaned, so presumably the 40 incorporated transactions have been released back into the mempool.

Please reply ASAP if you have stuck funds sent to an address that's no longer in use.
___TR___

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:05:06 PM

Okay, I have figured it out. A fair few transactions went through once the client started up, more than I intended. Nothing was happening for several minutes, then suddenly a bunch of mempool transactions arrived and the blocks went out before I noticed.

A total of 40 mempool transactions have now been incorporated into mined blocks. 34 of them (about 300k VGC total) were to Qh7MF7s8qcGYfL6V7RpThpQ4zM2EsA9mSD. I really hope that's a current, usable address, and the confirm hasn't just effectively burned those funds.

For the moment I've reverted back to the default client behaviour, whilst I can figure out where to go from here.

I need people to tell me if they want any further transactions stuck in limbo (and, going forward, any future transactions above 5000 VGC) to be confirmed? Or are they years old and sent to addresses which are no longer in use, like comkort or allcrypt? If it's the latter then we need to recover coins from your wallet before I continue clearing the backlog.

If my actions today have helped you at all, please consider donating to my address -> QV6itTAzGMtyRXyRuzpjYHkHwgjN2nLMUp

edit: my mined blocks ended up orphaned, so presumably the 40 incorporated transactions have been released back into the mempool.

Please reply ASAP if you have stuck funds sent to an address that's no longer in use.

My wallets with stuck transactions are no longer in use and the sites most were sent to no longer exist or have de listed vgc.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:32:06 AM

My wallets with stuck transactions are no longer in use and the sites most were sent to no longer exist or have de listed vgc.

I presume you mean that you still have your VGC wallet? If so, I can recover the funds for you. As mentioned above it's a little tedious, and does require a bit of messing around with source code modifications - if VGC supported exporting and importing of wallets it would be easier - so I would need your wallet.dat file, and a valid VGC address (from a DIFFERENT wallet - eg an exchange deposit address) to send the recovered funds to.

I'm making the offer in this thread so it's out in the open and no one accuses me of trying to scam. The offer is open to anyone who has stuck funds. PM me so we can figure out a secure way of transferring the wallet.

----

To do in the near future:

1. Permanently enable incorporation of larger transactions into mined blocks (any stuck transactions sent to no-longer-used addresses must be recovered by then)

2. If there is sufficient interest, compile an updated Windows client. No major changes requiring a fork, just a maintenance release with newer libraries, updated checkpoints, minor bugfixes, etc.
___TR___

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:49:29 AM

I presume you mean that you still have your VGC wallet? If so, I can recover the funds for you. As mentioned above it's a little tedious, and does require a bit of messing around with source code modifications - if VGC supported exporting and importing of wallets it would be easier - so I would need your wallet.dat file, and a valid VGC address (from a DIFFERENT wallet - eg an exchange deposit address) to send the recovered funds to.

I'm making the offer in this thread so it's out in the open and no one accuses me of trying to scam. The offer is open to anyone who has stuck funds. PM me so we can figure out a secure way of transferring the wallet.

----

1. Permanently enable incorporation of larger transactions into mined blocks (any stuck transactions sent to no-longer-used addresses must be recovered by then)

2. If there is sufficient interest, compile an updated Windows client. No major changes requiring a fork, just a maintenance release with newer libraries, updated checkpoints, minor bugfixes, etc.

Coins gone and wallets deleted long ago.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:03:35 AM

lol, well not sure how I'm supposed to help you then. Wink

It may be possible to recover private keys, if you're still using the same HD, but given the current value of VGC I doubt it's worth it.
___TR___

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:22:45 AM

lol, well not sure how I'm supposed to help you then. Wink

It may be possible to recover private keys, if you're still using the same HD, but given the current value of VGC I doubt it's worth it.

I wasn't asking for help, Just stating an issue with this coin. There are probably millions of vgc stuck in the chain though.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:45:49 AM

----

Bump for:

1. Contact from anyone who needs funds recovered.

2. Discussion about whether to start incorporating the large (stuck) transactions into mined blocks.
___TR___

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:46:43 AM

----

Bump for:

2. Discussion about whether to start incorporating the large (stuck) transactions into mined blocks.

This is not the main Vegascoin thread. Main thread is at https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/5175-vegascoin-vgc-information/ You will not get much response there either as Vegascoin is not very popular.
Pito001

Activity: 301

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:15:51 AM

----

Bump for:

I still have a wallet with 1M VGC. Zero tx's stuck.  Roll Eyes Grin

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
chapinmaster

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:06:42 AM

so this coin are not dead? i still holding 142k in my wallet.

Ok Im leaving VGC alone completley. Im creating "Las Vegas" (VGS) coin a competitor, and will even ask Nova to create a VGC/VGS trade in case people want one coin or the other.  Miners will mine VGC, and may want to sell to buyers looking for "Las Vegas coin" which will be much more expensive and POS only, and will buy VGC to buy VGS.  I want a create a win win. I can easily fix the 5000 coin limit on VGC, and unlock all stuck coins in VGC but the community has made it VERY clear "Leave VGC alone", and I will do just that.

Until then here is your proof that Las Vegas coin truly exists. The code is only 95% complete. Do NOT USE!!!

It has Masternodes, darksend, instant X, stealth addresses, POW and POS @ 25%, and a mere 240,000  *IF* everyone swaps their fly for "Las Vegas coin".

https://github.com/CoinProjects/LasVegasCoin

Best wishes.

Vegas

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:42:56 AM

You mean VGC, or its "replacement" VGS?

The former is still working just fine, apart from the issues with sending large transactions. The github link on the latter is 404 so I guess that may have died.

If you want to send your VGC to an exchange, do it 5000 at a time.

142k VGC is worth approximately 0.011 BTC at novaexchange.
bro_bro

Activity: 308

https://www.crypto1id.com/

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 10:45:33 AM

This is a good coin, but if I can get it, at least by following bounty, but time is not possible for that. thank so much dev.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

TELEGRAM WHITEPAPER TWITTER FACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:01:26 PM

This is a good coin, but if I can get it, at least by following bounty, but time is not possible for that. thank so much dev.

You're probably wasting your time spamming this thread.
___TR___

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:21:00 PM

The former is still working just fine, apart from the issues with sending large transactions. The github link on the latter is 404 so I guess that may have died.

Thank you for your answer, any config and nodes to sync the VGC?? i'm searching for a bootstrap file but can't find it.

No bootstrap that I know of but nodes can be found at https://novaexchange.com/addnodes/VGC/
chapinmaster

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:29:00 PM

Thank you for your answer, any config and nodes to sync the VGC?? i'm searching for a bootstrap file but can't find it.

No bootstrap that I know of but nodes can be found at https://novaexchange.com/addnodes/VGC/

Thank you for the help i really appreciate it. This going to take time, lets see if i got time to sync and swap it..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: