Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] VGC - VegasCoin  (Read 74410 times)
___TR___

Activity: 208
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:18:51 AM

that ethereum contract has warnings:

Warning: The compiled contract might be susceptible to ZeroFunctionSelector (very low-severity), DelegateCallReturnValue (low-severity), ECRecoverMalformedInput (medium-severity), SkipEmptyStringLiteral (low-severity), ConstantOptimizerSubtraction (low-severity), IdentityPrecompileReturnIgnored (low-severity) Solidity compiler bugs.

i think the idea needs more thought and consensus...

I could organize an Ethereum swap and make sure the contract is secure and we have a dev plan.

Nova should reopen soon, lets stick to that plan until this ethereum idea gets consensus.

Are you aware of any existing block explorer for Vegas Coin?

Also, was there an update at some point to extend the money supply past 100 million?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Grin

No block explorer for vegascoin. Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
___TR___

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:14:55 PM

that ethereum contract has warnings:

Warning: The compiled contract might be susceptible to ZeroFunctionSelector (very low-severity), DelegateCallReturnValue (low-severity), ECRecoverMalformedInput (medium-severity), SkipEmptyStringLiteral (low-severity), ConstantOptimizerSubtraction (low-severity), IdentityPrecompileReturnIgnored (low-severity) Solidity compiler bugs.

i think the idea needs more thought and consensus...

I could organize an Ethereum swap and make sure the contract is secure and we have a dev plan.

Nova should reopen soon, lets stick to that plan until this ethereum idea gets consensus.

Are you aware of any existing block explorer for Vegas Coin?

Also, was there an update at some point to extend the money supply past 100 million?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Grin

I deleted my previous post about ethereum swapping (i realize if it ever happens we need to make sure its right first).

No current VGC block explorer. we determined mining is going normally and NOT set to go over max supply.

I think our main problem is block explorers etc. cost serious money (if we are paying someone), it just needs to be a basic one (that will stay up). also, we need a litecoin expert to see about upgrading the litecoin features at some point... We need to see what happens once trading gets going again, I want to promote locally but these loose ends are too much with the original dev not available and most of the supply in their hands (or others hands). So if this ever gets too complicated for everyone, I will organize an Ethereum token or a token on another platform that VGC holders can recieve and the new token supply and participants and roadmap will be well defined. VGC works perfectly fine and I hope it goes on as long as bitcoin. For anyone that doesnt live in Las Vegas, I understand this is all frustrating, this will be a slow process of people getting into bitcoin (like I said bitcoin is getting some attention here) and feeling comfortable enough to get into alts like Vegascoin. I just dont like when people want to jump ship early or try to mislead/FUD the board, or spam twitter with our coin name, etc... It isnt fair to people trying to get involved or people already involved.

I pay $75 per year for the Bunnycoin block explorer at thecryptochat.net.
___TR___

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:34:09 PM

I pay $75 per year for the Bunnycoin block explorer at thecryptochat.net.

those block explorers look nice. they also can upgrade old wallets to current litecoin features.
besides that, a mining pool would be nice, and this coin will be ready for real world promotion.

Thecryptochat.net can provide a range of services. Prices are reasonable.
Hobbyist

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:34:46 AM

I got the coind to compile,  Needed some fixing on the latest ubuntu....

In rpcrawtransaction.cpp

Code:
        if (pk.IsPayToScriptHash())
        {
            CTxDestination address;
            if (ExtractDestination(pk, address))
            {
//             const CScriptID& hash = boost::get<const CScriptID&>(address);
                const CScriptID& hash = boost::get<CScriptID>(address);
                CScript redeemScript;
                if (pwalletMain->GetCScript(hash, redeemScript))
                    entry.push_back(Pair("redeemScript", HexStr(redeemScript.begin(), redeemScript.end())));
            }

Then needed to rebuild leveldb with
make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a

Anyway,  Coind is compiled. 

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
°o.O O.o° TheCryptoChat.net - Your Connection To Everything Crypto!! °o.O O.o°
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
___TR___

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:37:06 AM

Im going ahead with a cryptochat block explorer. So excited, what a difference that will make!

also going to see what our wallet needs to be up-to-date and look at minor things like the hover text on the bottom left status icons. (anything else we should look at, post here)

If a block explorer gets set up, I will see what I can do to keep VGC listed on the new Nova. The community will need to trade and keep some volume going to keep it listed though.
___TR___

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:49:45 AM

Wallet needs the stuck coin issue fixed, so we can send more than 5k at a time without worrying they will get stuck.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:56:20 AM

There is a GOA coin and Goa is pretty much the Vegas of India.  I wonder if VegasCoin could be updated to be a masternode project which seems to be a more attractive investment vehicle for potential adopters.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Rh78

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:39:13 PM

Hi, ive got 16156 coins stuck on unconfirmed in my wallet. The mining pool threshold was set at 4500 but for some reason the coins were split into 2 payments instead of max 4500. Is there someone that can help me out? it would be very much appreciated.
___TR___

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:03:53 PM

Hi, ive got 16156 coins stuck on unconfirmed in my wallet. The mining pool threshold was set at 4500 but for some reason the coins were split into 2 payments instead of max 4500. Is there someone that can help me out? it would be very much appreciated.

That is a big issue with this coin. I have had a few 100k vgc stuck in the blockchain over the years. If you try to send a transaction with too many small inputs then it will get stuck.

If the mining reward has halved to 7.5 per block then you should send no more than 2500 in a transaction after they are mined.

Unfortunately, I have no solution to get them back but other users here might.
Rh78

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:43:43 AM

thanks for a response bud, i guess ill have to wait and hope if somebody can help with a solution.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:44:14 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 10:01:35 AM by almightyruler

The issue is most likely that the client is generating transactions that are larger than the default a miner will incorporate into a block. Miners with default settings will ignore them. That's why they get stuck.

To recover stuck transactions you need to be able to make the client (and eventually, the network) forget about the transaction, so you're able to use those coins again.

Or you need to find a miner that is willing to make config changes to accept those larger transactions. If difficulty drops a little (it's currently 3.x) then I may have a go.

The mempool currently has 210 outstanding transactions, and it's been at this level for at least a few days, probably much longer...

edit: Difficulty has dropped so I'm now trying with larger block sizes. I have bumped it up to 300k and so far it has pushed through 10 mempool transactions. I will periodically increase the block size to try to clear more transactions.

edit 2: #$&#@, all my blocks were orphaned. This is exactly what happened with Fastcoin, which has the same issue with oversized transactions that miners ignore by default. The network seems to reject the larger blocks. Sigh.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:54:45 AM

I managed to mine a long chain of blocks at 28MH/s, clearing the mempool entirely, and was hoping the cumulative work was sufficient to keep it the best chain... but no. For some reason the network (ie other clients) are rejecting the blocks with larger transactions, so I effectively mined on my own fork until my client resolved that. I haven't done anything shifty or unusual that should result in peers rejecting the blocks; all I did was start with -blockmaxsize=300000. Here's where my client realised the network didn't want my 74 blocks.

2018-02-06 10:49:15 REORGANIZE: Disconnect 74 blocks; 380ab0f44ba7c2ac2aeca192db9bd16009902f5eda61dfa30c059ea3b48b8b4b..
2018-02-06 10:49:15 REORGANIZE: Connect 54 blocks; ..20c89bc0543e45a9dbad60c8315318b733fa7cc684f6c05096bc6564396ec2a7

There's now 194 stuck transactions back in the mempool.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:30:39 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 02:47:19 PM by almightyruler

To recover stuck transactions you need to be able to make the client (and eventually, the network) forget about the transaction, so you're able to use those coins again.

I've done some experimenting, and it looks like starting the sending client with the -salvagewallet commandline option will recover funds of transactions which have not been picked up by miners. I had a couple of stuck 5000 VGC transactions myself, and doing this released the funds back to my balance. It works because the salvage will only mark funds as spent if they're referenced in the blockchain; any transactions stuck in the temporary mempool are not part of the blockchain, and so the funds associated with those transactions will be available in your wallet.

The salvage operation will back up your wallet, but I strongly recommend you back up the wallet.dat file before starting the client. Just in case.

---

Okay, it doesn't work so perfectly. The client has subsequently picked up the stuck transactions again, possibly from another node repopulating the mempool. My balance has disappeared again and now the oversized transaction is back in the mempool.  Roll Eyes It may be possible to try to send out a new transaction (using the recovered funds) before the stale/stuck ones are picked up again, but the network may see that as a double spend.

Also I looked at the source and it seems transactions are hard limited to a maximum of 100k as a form of DoS protection. I don't know why the client is creating transactions larger than 100k, but that's the way it is. There's probably no way to push the stuck transactions through because they exceed the 100k size limit. The only way for the network to accept them would be to raise the limits in the source code. That means everyone has to upgrade the client; a hard fork.
Shenki3

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:00:33 PM

i can put some hashingpower on the blockchain.

is there a future here for VGS?

ive allready mined 30k in the past. but never looked at them again.

how much hashingpower is needed to clear the mempool?

Greets
___TR___

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:24:10 PM

Greets

This is VGC - Vegascoin not VGS - LasVegascoin
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:15:32 AM

It appears to be a bug in the client - it should not create transactions that are ignored by default miner configs, and tweaking one commandline parameter should not result in other clients rejecting mined blocks - so throwing more hash power at the coin won't clear the mempool.

I've found the sequence of steps necessary to recover 'stuck' funds from a sending wallet. All 3 steps must be completed in rapid sequence. If another node rebroadcasts your stuck transaction at some point, your wallet will pick it up again and you'll have to restart from step 1. Temporarily firewalling the vegascoin client may help with steps 1 and 2, but you will need to connect to peers for step 3.

1. Use the -salvagewallet commandline option to forget the pending transactions.
2. Send the recovered funds to somewhere.
3. Mine a few blocks to incorporate the transactions you just created. This is essential to override the older pending transactions (which use the same funds) that are still sitting in everyone else's mempool.
Shenki3

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:56:25 PM

Greets

i think im in the right ANN here :-)

https://imgur.com/a/k4HQa

ive still got some coins :-)

so the question again. ive got some serious hashingpower in my garage.

is there somthing i can do?

___TR___

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:33:10 AM

Greets

i think im in the right ANN here :-)

ive still got some coins :-)

so the question again. ive got some serious hashingpower in my garage.

is there somthing i can do?

You are in the right thread.

Hashpower will not move stuck coins. There is a bug in the wallet.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:01:23 PM

before you salvagewallet, one thing i just noticed:

my recieve address list is only showing one (new) address right now (my transactions list is showing all of my original addresses in the transactions).
i am still running -salvagewallet, is my wallet reset for a new address or will my original addresses show up once i finish syncing? will my original addresses still function if they dont show up in the receive list?

Assuming -salvagewallet found all of your private keys, your transactions should be properly matched up as you sync. I don't know if -salvagewallet recovers non-essential metadata, like address labels.

Why did you do a salvage if you're not synced? It's really a last resort thing, not something you'd run routinely. There is a small chance it won't find every private key.

Other coins have functions to export and import wallets, which is a lot less clunky, but unfortunately the code for VGC lacks that functionality.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:08:20 PM

The reason I ran it was to clear out any possible bad tx info (from other people's stuck transactions) i might have been holding onto.

FYI only your own transactions are saved permanently to your wallet. Pending transactions are stored in memory, so they will be lost when you close the client. There's no persistent storage of other people's pending transactions.

The only way to remove stuck transactions is to stop the sender's wallet from rebroadcasting those transactions - so it's the sender that needs to do the salvagewallet trick...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: