Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are some people still skeptical about climate change?  (Read 22113 times)
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:56:23 AM

What about sea levels rising, that to me suggests that something is going on, don't you think?
I answered your questions with a re-explanation of the nature of scientific inquiry.

Now what? Change the subject? What are you trying to get to exactly?

What questions, I only asked one. I don't see why most scientists would lie about it, period. If you want to discuss what you said:

However I did find this: http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/1/e1601207

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:06:09 AM

What about sea levels rising, that to me suggests that something is going on, don't you think?
I answered your questions with a re-explanation of the nature of scientific inquiry.

What questions, I only asked one. I don't see why most scientists would lie about it, period. If you want to discuss what you said:

What about it? This article simply discusses the issues in moving from temperature measurements by ship engine cooling water to the bouys.

Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:37:45 AM

What about it? This article simply discusses the issues in moving from temperature measurements by ship engine cooling water to the bouys.

''These results suggest that reported rates of SST warming in recent years have been underestimated in these three data sets.''

''Ocean temperature is related to ocean heat content, an important topic in the debate over global warming.''

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 02:01:20 AM

''These results suggest that reported rates of SST warming in recent years have been underestimated in these three data sets.''

''Ocean temperature is related to ocean heat content, an important topic in the debate over global warming.''

https://judithcurry.com/2018/11/06/a-major-problem-with-the-resplandy-et-al-ocean-heat-uptake-paper/

Next.
Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:46:57 AM

https://judithcurry.com/2018/11/06/a-major-problem-with-the-resplandy-et-al-ocean-heat-uptake-paper/

Next.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/energy-environment/2018/11/14/scientists-acknowledge-key-errors-study-how-fast-oceans-are-warming/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.505aaa5aeac9

Next.

They admitted to the errors and: ''is in line with other studies that have drawn similar conclusions. And it hasn’t changed much despite the errors.''

Even if it's not more than what they previously thought, it still shows, along all the other studies, that oceans are still absorving more and more heat.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:25:58 AM

Its actually quite the opposite.  All of the CO2 reduction solutions would make the world a better place.  ....

No, that's ridiculous.

First of all, your mistake is this claim. Note the bolded word.

All of the CO2 ....

It should be obvious there have been some really, really bad ideas floated.

You want examples or would you like to revise your claim?
All that I know of.  I would love to hear the examples and can't imagine they are anything being seriously considered and not just "floated".
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 06:11:28 AM

Next.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/energy-environment/2018/11/14/scientists-acknowledge-key-errors-study-how-fast-oceans-are-warming/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.505aaa5aeac9

Next.

They admitted to the errors and: ''is in line with other studies that have drawn similar conclusions. And it hasn’t changed much despite the errors.''

Even if it's not more than what they previously thought, it still shows, along all the other studies, that oceans are still absorving more and more heat.

Even if that were true, which is under dispute, this does nothing to support the theory HUMANS are the cause.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:38:42 PM

Its actually quite the opposite.  All of the CO2 reduction solutions would make the world a better place.  ....

No, that's ridiculous.

All of the CO2 ....

All that I know of.  I would love to hear the examples and can't imagine they are anything being seriously considered and not just "floated".

Forced population reduction.

Storing CO2 in underground caverns under huge pressures.

Painting roads and rooftops white.
Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:20:57 PM

No, that's ridiculous.

All of the CO2 ....

Forced population reduction.

Storing CO2 in underground caverns under huge pressures.

Painting roads and rooftops white.

''Forced population reduction.'' The fuck? Come one bro, just admit most CO2 reduction solutions are good, you sound like a conspiracy nutjob.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

''Forced population reduction.'' The fuck? Come one bro, just admit most CO2 reduction solutions are good, you sound like a conspiracy nutjob.

Let's start off by reducing the population that denies climate change.

Ahahaha, then the rest of us can actually take care of the problem without morons like him holding the rest of society back.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

You are now ridiculing the answer? It's YOUR ANSWER. You wanted proof that your use of "ALL" was ridiculous, you got it. Ridicule the wackos who propose such things, not me.

"ALL" is inclusive of all answers, dumbass. I invited you to change your assertion, didn't I?
Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:17:43 PM

You are now ridiculing the answer? It's YOUR ANSWER. You wanted proof that your use of "ALL" was ridiculous, you got it. Ridicule the wackos who propose such things, not me.

"ALL" is inclusive of all answers, dumbass. I invited you to change your assertion, didn't I?

I'm not the one who said that btw. Your argument is trash, change the all to most then? Does it work now? Nutjob

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:27:05 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 03:40:35 PM by Spendulus

I'm not the one who said that btw. Your argument is trash, change the all to most then? Does it work now? Nutjob

No, of course it does not work. Neither is my argument trash. You want to support the "ALL", how many more examples of nut job radical environmentalists do you want?

The Atlantic isn't exactly a trash publication.

....Hillary Clinton in 2009, when as Secretary of State she acknowledged the overpopulation issue during a discussion with Indian environment minister Jairam Ramesh. Clinton praised another panelist for noting "that it's rather odd to talk about climate change and what we must do to stop and prevent the ill effects without talking about population and family planning."

"And yet, we talk about these things in very separate and often unconnected ways," Clinton added.

Right-wing critics pounced, with the Alex Jones-run Info Wars calling her comments "Malthusian."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/11/the-climate-change-solution-no-one-will-talk-about/382197/

Your problem, not mine. Obviously you need to correct the position or concede your position was wrong. "Most" is also ridiculous. Think about it, that implies this, directly:

"Most proposed solutions to global warming should be implemented as public policy."

That's what you really want to say?

It's ridiculous. First you start by praising science, and I remind you of the scientific methods. Then you praise "ALL SOLUTIONS," many of which were totally idiotic. Then you go to "Most solutions," which shows zero critical thinking.

You don't think that perhaps careful engineering studies would be useful, would you? Again, the need for critical thinking and skeptical viewpoints is required.
Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:48:19 PM

No, of course it does not work. Neither is my argument trash. You want to support the "ALL", how many more examples of nut job radical environmentalists do you want?

The Atlantic isn't exactly a trash publication.

....Hillary Clinton in 2009, when as Secretary of State she acknowledged the overpopulation issue during a discussion with Indian environment minister Jairam Ramesh. Clinton praised another panelist for noting "that it's rather odd to talk about climate change and what we must do to stop and prevent the ill effects without talking about population and family planning."

"And yet, we talk about these things in very separate and often unconnected ways," Clinton added.

Right-wing critics pounced, with the Alex Jones-run Info Wars calling her comments "Malthusian."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/11/the-climate-change-solution-no-one-will-talk-about/382197/

Your problem, not mine. Obviously you need to correct the position or concede your position was wrong. "Most" is also ridiculous. Think about it, that implies this, directly:

"Most proposed solutions to global warming should be implemented as public policy."

That's what you really want to say?

It's ridiculous. First you start by praising science, and I remind you of the scientific methods. Then you praise "ALL SOLUTIONS," many of which were totally idiotic. Then you go to "Most solutions," which shows zero critical thinking.

You don't think that perhaps careful engineering studies would be useful, would you? Again, the need for critical thinking and skeptical viewpoints is required.

So you don't think getting rid of CO2 is good? The original point was: ''Lets say climate change didn't exist.  The steps taken to solve climate change would still create sustainable, renewable energy systems'' I didn't say that but I understood it, you obviously did not.

The point was that the steps taken to solve climate change are beneficial nonetheless, so why would the ''fake it''?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:57:36 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

So you don't think getting rid of CO2 is good? The original point was: ''Lets say climate change didn't exist.  The steps taken to solve climate change would still create sustainable, renewable energy systems'' I didn't say that but I understood it, you obviously did not.

The point was that the steps taken to solve climate change are beneficial nonetheless, so why would the ''fake it''?

All right, let's go back to that assertion. I understood it and rejected it.

Let's break this down into two pieces, and handle the "why" first. This is a logical fallacy, as it creates a choice between "the moral and ethical" and "the corrupt and lying." (or whatever)

That's not hardly ever all there is as to the range of motivations for individuals let alone groups.
Basically it's lying by presenting two false choices. It's no more authentic than your using arguments of ridicule, or implying that someone that doesn't agree with you is a conspiracy wacko.

Secondly let's look at "steps taken to solve climate change."

Proposed steps singly or jointly have not been shown to have any more than a tiny effect on Co2 concentration.

Thirdly let's consider "create sustainable, renewable energy systems."

Many of these are over promised, overly expensive, underperforming junk.

"Fourth let's look at "getting rid of CO2 is good."

More logical fallacies. Corrected, the assertion would be "A 1% reduction in human CO2 emissions has XYZ value." No it is not a priori good to "get rid of CO2." CO2 is a natural part of the atmosphere and the earth and ocean.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:07:20 PM

All right, let's go back to that assertion. I understood it and rejected it.

Let's break this down into two pieces, and handle the "why" first. This is a logical fallacy, as it creates a choice between "the moral and ethical" and "the corrupt and lying." (or whatever)

That's not hardly ever all there is as to the range of motivations for individuals let alone groups.
Basically it's lying by presenting two false choices. It's no more authentic than your using arguments of ridicule, or implying that someone that doesn't agree with you is a conspiracy wacko.

Secondly let's look at "steps taken to solve climate change."

Proposed steps singly or jointly have not been shown to have any more than a tiny effect on Co2 concentration.

Thirdly let's consider "create sustainable, renewable energy systems."

Many of these are over promised, overly expensive, underperforming junk.

"Fourth let's look at "getting rid of CO2 is good."

More logical fallacies. Corrected, the assertion would be "A 1% reduction in human CO2 emissions has XYZ value." No it is not a priori good to "get rid of CO2." CO2 is a natural part of the atmosphere and the earth and ocean.

I'll have to agree. Plant life needs CO2 in order to survive. The goal is to get the amount of CO2 at some kind of equilibrium rather than eliminate it completely.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1365

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:33:57 AM

Scientists predict 'mini ice age' could hit UK by 2030

A mini ice age that would freeze major rivers could hit Britain in less than two decades, according to research from universities in the UK and Russia.

A mathematical model of the Sun's magnetic activity suggests temperatures could start dropping here from 2021, with the potential for winter skating on the River Thames by 2030.

A team led by maths professor Valentina Zharkova at Northumbria University built on work from Moscow to predict the movements of two magnetic waves produced by the Sun.

It predicts rapidly decreasing magnetic waves for three solar cycles beginning in 2021 and lasting 33 years.

Sept. 27, 2018: The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age. Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018, and the sun’s ultraviolet output has sharply dropped. New research shows that Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding.

“We see a cooling trend,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center. “High above Earth’s surface, near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”

Looks like we should prepare for an ice age.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:47:25 AM

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/culture-civilization/science/when-the-scientific-consensus-is-corrected-by-a-skeptic/
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:36:42 AM

I dont understand getting caught up on how temperature data has been presented.  Do you disagree that higher concentration of CO2 leads to increased temperatures?  We know pretty precisely how much CO2 we are releasing because its basic chemistry from the mass of carbon fuel we burn. 

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 04:17:04 AM

I dont understand getting caught up on how temperature data has been presented.  Do you disagree that higher concentration of CO2 leads to increased temperatures?  We know pretty precisely how much CO2 we are releasing because its basic chemistry from the mass of carbon fuel we burn. 

Yeah why get caught up in the science part right? None of your points provide any evidence of anthropogenic climate change, even if they were fact.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: