Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:39:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "PrimeCoreICO Dashboard" Spam flooded the forum. Bots... again.  (Read 226 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:16:35 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 10:26:59 PM by iasenko
Merited by suchmoon (5), LoyceV (2)

Yesterday I found this spam post /quoted below/ while searching for homographs.
Started reported around 20 cases, then I asked LoyceV to list all he can find.
We listed more than 50 account with total of ~ 400 posts.
The Mods has done their job deleting and banning them.

Now, today a new wave of this spam is flooding the forum again.

Looks like all the posts are the same, but they are not:
1. Every ico.primecore link for each post is different.
2. The hompgraph pattern is different / they change  letters like "a"  in some words but not all and on random basis so every post is "unique" / in other words, if you copy part of the text and search for it, you will get just one or two results max.

How this can be stopped?? It is clearly a bot activity.

Reference :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.msg41900970#msg41900970
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.msg41955655#msg41955655
A tool to check for homographs: https://www.textmagic.com/free-tools/unicode-detector

For a successful ICO your project will need an investor's personal cabinet. Our team can offer you the efficient solution on market for an optimal price.
PrimeCoreICO Dashboard is a technical solution with completely automates the while ICO process and fund raising.
Just in 48 hours we will deploy the platform on your server. Your investors get a convenient and user friendly interface for taking part in tokensale.

Client’s part (user area) is available at: https://ico.primecore.io
Short product description: https://ico.primecore.io/launch

We guarantee:
  • Provision of the high-tech platform;
  • Control and safety;
  • Affordable price;
  • The most proper terms on the market.

You can contact me for more details - https://t.me/danielcriptoadv

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:36:50 PM

This is happening every day with a number of different threads. I've been trying to report as many as possible, but I think we need to look at imposing restrictions. Even though I'm not a fan of that approach it doesn't seem like the current staff can handle it, and it wouldn't be as simple as adding a few more to fix it.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 10:44:35 PM

This is happening every day with a number of different threads. I've been trying to report as many as possible, but I think we need to look at imposing restrictions. Even though I'm not a fan of that approach it doesn't seem like the current staff can handle it, and it wouldn't be as simple as adding a few more to fix it.
I sort of have a solution to this, but only at the expense of other users and mods time. If both of them agree to, we can do a lot of damage to shitposters. The idea is really simple(doesn't take a genius to figure it out actually). But time consuming as hell. So basically gather a few bitcointalk members, go to random boards and start binge reporting. Like for an hour or so. That might actually help a lot. It may seem like a stupid idea but it might just work. Its time to bring in the Infinity war parody. Instead of snapping thanos's finger, let mods smash the nuke button. If reddit can do it, so can we.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:55:45 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

I sort of have a solution to this, but only at the expense of other users and mods time. If both of them agree to, we can do a lot of damage to shitposters. The idea is really simple(doesn't take a genius to figure it out actually). But time consuming as hell. So basically gather a few bitcointalk members, go to random boards and start binge reporting. Like for an hour or so. That might actually help a lot. It may seem like a stupid idea but it might just work. Its time to bring in the Infinity war parody. Instead of snapping thanos's finger, let mods smash the nuke button. If reddit can do it, so can we.
I've been dedicating my time for several months now for a few hours at a time sometimes. Still hasn't made a dent. They'll just make new accounts, and you have to start the process all over again. I'm not too bothered because I find reporting quite therapeutic. I invite anyone else to dedicate their time to report, though.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 11:31:08 PM
Merited by frodocooper (1)

I've been dedicating my time for several months now for a few hours at a time sometimes. Still hasn't made a dent. They'll just make new accounts, and you have to start the process all over again. I'm not too bothered because I find reporting quite therapeutic. I invite anyone else to dedicate their time to report, though.
Maybe theymos should hire voluntary mods, a few of them. Its all in theymos's hands. Let's assume 100 people report around 50 posts in an hour, that makes 5000 posts, and 5000 accounts get nuked/banned. That would trigger a lot of people. People aren't scared of moderation anymore. They know they can avoid from being banned. They know the staff is inadequate. They know that only a few handful of people report. There should be some fear in the community for the rules , they can't keep breaking the rules and shitposting forever.

When I was reading about the reddit mega ban, I saw hundreds and thousands of users panicking whether or not they are banned. And reddit doesn't have signatures(?). The fear of people not able to earn money might just make things a little better.

TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:17:43 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

I try to report every day. When I have some free time on my mobile I always go trough the Patrol page.
I need only one tool.
Report button in the search results, it's gonna be much easier. I have suggested this many times before.
Same as the report history it can be unlock only after reaching certain amount of good reports.
Maybe some other "tools" can be accessible too, like multiple reports with one click. /a tick select option for every post/.
I'm willing to dedicate some of my time to fight with the spammers as I'm doing it already. I'm not looking for rewards.

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:52:29 PM

I try to report every day. When I have some free time on my mobile I always go trough the Patrol page.
I need only one tool.
Report button in the search results, it's gonna be much easier. I have suggested this many times before.
Same as the report history it can be unlock only after reaching certain amount of good reports.
Maybe some other "tools" can be accessible too, like multiple reports with one click. /a tick select option for every post/.
I'm willing to dedicate some of my time to fight with the spammers as I'm doing it already. I'm not looking for rewards.
Maybe another useful tool would be a report button next to the topics' title in the thread's main page... When you report in Bitcoin Discussion, most of the time you can decide just based on the topics's title that it needs to move to e.g. speculation or to trash directly.... Or, to select multiple topics and report it to move them to speculation, beginners, or trash...
It could save some time for the reporting members...
And it would be useful only for a short time (preferably) because if these threads become clean, you won't need this feature anymore again...
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16493

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 09:19:55 PM

Started reported around 20 cases, then I asked LoyceV to list all he can find.
I'm reporting the "Join our community and earn FREE 0.05 BTC🤑"-spam now (277 accounts so far), and keep running into the "Too fast / overloaded (503)" error on the forum. I thought it's easier on the Mods, and more likely to get processed, if I report the accounts one by one, but I think I'll need to resort to posting long lists of offending accounts again.
I can literally come up with thousands of accounts that deserve a ban, but Mods too run into their nuking-limits when handling them.
Spambots seem to be much better at handling those limits than humans.

I use my xterm to detect homograph attacks. It doesn't support the characters. If I paste your quote, I get this:
For # successful ICO y#ur proj##t will ne#d an #nvestor's p#rson#l ##binet. #ur t##m #an #ffer you the eff##i#nt s#luti#n #n m#rket f#r an ##tim#l #r#ce.
#r#meCor#IC# Dashb##rd #s # t#chn#cal s#luti#n with #om#l#t#ly autom#tes the whil# IC# #r#c#ss and fund ra#s#ng.
Just in 48 h#urs w# will d##l#y th# pl#tform #n your s#rv#r. Y#ur investors g#t # ##nv#nient and user fr##ndly #nt#rf#c# for t#k#ng part in t#k#nsal#.

Cl#ent's p#rt (us#r are#) is av#ilable #t: https://ico.primecore.io
Short #r#duct des#ri#ti#n: https://ico.primecore.io/launch

We guarant##:

Provis#on of the high-t#ch #latform;
    Contr#l #nd saf#ty;
    Aff#rdable pr#ce;
    The m#st #ro##r terms #n th# m#rk#t.

You c#n #ontact me for m#re det##ls - https://t.me/danielcriptoadv
I don't search for the homograph words, I searched for the t.me-link. That currently gives me 111 Newbie accounts from the past 6 days (including the ones that are banned already, and including a possible Newbie who quotes them).
Searching for ico.primecore.io gives the same number of hits.

I sort of have a solution to this, but only at the expense of other users and mods time. If both of them agree to, we can do a lot of damage to shitposters.
I think we did a lot of damage already, that's why they're using another method now. I'm currently downloading 11000 profiles, because the "FREE 0.05 BTC" spam uses a certain pattern in usernames. I can identify their "spare accounts" before they even spam (I'm not sure if Mods are willing to nuke them though). But that's a lucky shot, this PrimeCore spam doesn't have such a pattern.

But time consuming as hell. So basically gather a few bitcointalk members, go to random boards and start binge reporting
That only works if they get a permanent ban. A temp ban, or just a removed post, won't matter at all for a spambot.

I'd like to see a Report button in a user's Post history too.

But I think the main solution would be to take away bumping rights from lower accounts. Until then, they get away with their spam, and posts won't be deleted before the next bump happens 15 seconds later.

I almost forgot: the 111 involved accounts. Feel free to report anyone that isn't banned yet, I'm tired Tongue
     1. BLOCKMESH
     2. pleasureteam
     3. SofiaPlatform
     4. Angry Panda
     5. Itulir
     6. Gaurav_vermaa
     7. Hashbon
     8. Hiyake
     9. George Beaule
    10. JoeMe
    11. Cole-inho
    12. LopezAlyssa
    13. Nigeka
    14. KambriaCommunityManager
    15. Grinfarksu
    16. Tony Hernandez
    17. Sakirigo
    18. AmandaCh
    19. MindyArev
    20. Danny_Albas
    21. FlipCh
    22. Vewilvifumb
    23. Mealumgune
    24. Masofumous
    25. honba
    26. ShaneHe
    27. Afedschoolna
    28. jiang-christopher
    29. AdamEck
    30. Neal Rafi
    31. Bulman-Cred
    32. Sampdrunyscul
    33. fukomo
    34. LipChain
    35. Andrew-Hernandez
    36. Dewitt_Ukla
    37. ReneeScinec
    38. Jordan_Andep
    39. potriara
    40. MayurS
    41. Mikey-Lanter
    42. JoshuaMoncrief
    43. Ovomcertu
    44. roboshi
    45. perez maria
    46. disttipa
    47. Joel_Taala
    48. Curd Hoga
    49. Lordcryptoo
    50. Bonzellmischa
    51. atsuria
    52. DarnellAdd
    53. BretFlux
    54. credenbrid
    55. wine-baker
    56. QuentinW
    57. Atrolreiday
    58. lopez fred
    59. Arradeduc
    60. Taumindconneu
    61. Bethea_Miguel
    62. Rodriguez Charles
    63. James Stup
    64. JayCox
    65. Macnieliju
    66. Forworkvedeck
    67. Glophfecatech
    68. Mathew.Draper
    69. arrali
    70. Tingphysuppgreen
    71. Vail Randy
    72. Tradrovolli
    73. yudofuke
    74. Miacomptengo
    75. Kali-Richard
    76. EddieBenn
    77. Jim-Tori
    78. BradshawA
    79. gusukito
    80. Erklawiban
    81. Quiflutinro
    82. richmond lisa
    83. Lektnefutua
    84. Coursasoli
    85. michael.taniguchi
    86. WardDea
    87. kegihii
    88. pusaishi
    89. Smith-Suzanne
    90. Murphy.Chantel
    91. JayNuri
    92. Mortkingcanewp
    93. Confuddtracer
    94. WendyTh
    95. Pumcoforol
    96. kabetsu
    97. Britmerrestdys
    98. Kevin_Miller
    99. KennyAh
   100. santate
   101. Dickens_Jeremy
   102. emily hill
   103. beldeni
   104. liascotox
   105. horner_jeremiah
   106. Mendoza-Lyb
   107. Paulo.Mcloven
   108. erriotor
   109. yasunio
   110. Sovereign Dev
   111. algmironov

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:41:29 PM

@LoyceV
I have checked big part of the list, almost all are banned few are just "cleaned" and few quoting.
Reported 2-3 profiles. This spam case looks like it will continue for a while.

I use my xterm to detect homograph attacks. It doesn't support the characters. If I paste your quote, I get this:
I know, you told me when I gave you to search for "a very" spam case, that's why I gave the telegram link, it was the only thing that was not altered in the whole post.

I'd like to see a Report button in a user's Post history too.
I asked for this too some months ago,but... you know the rest of the story.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: