Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the best way to pay for bitcoin purcheses?  (Read 738 times)
blue.mitzi (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:49:35 PM

I am new to the bit-coin game, how does every one buy/sell coin's what is the main exchange digital currency? Are good's easily traded for bit-coins?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:53:44 AM

Goods are generally the same as using a CC! Go to your site of choice checkout and pay with BTC! I've bought a few things (mostly computer components) with BTC!

Exchanges on the other hand, are a little trickier. You will have to set up an account with MtGox.com, or TradeHill.com, or another exchange. There you will click on an "add funds" button, it'll give you a BitCoin address to send BTC to. Send them from the client/wallet.

Then to cash out it's a bit trickier yet. You will have to register an account at a "middle man" online bank such as: Dwolla.com, LibertyReserve.com or the like. Then after registration, you will need to link your bank account to them. I'd suggest opening up an account at your physical bank primarily for this, so you aren't disclosing your personal account info to the online banks!

So, to conclude; To get BTC from your wallet to USD in your hand, it would look like this:
Wallet.dat->MtGox.com->Dwolla.com->your bank account->your hand! =)
The whole process once everything is set up is ~2days to cash out!

There are other ways, (check by mail, Cash by mail, privately using PP/Amazon payment, Ruxxum...etc)

ulatec

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 01:53:24 AM

Just giving the *thumbs up* to TradeHill in which I use.

For depositing I just file a wire transfer,

For withdrawals I withdraw via them sending me a check Smiley

Fairly simple.
tabascoslimjim

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 03:03:50 AM

Seems like the most common way is using mtgox.com
bitflower

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:55:42 AM

Mt.Gox is the way to go with Bitcoins.
Mt.Gox_Natalie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 08:15:20 AM

You may sign up for an account with Mt.Gox for free.  After that, we offer a variety of methods for adding funds to your account so that you could purchase your bitcoins as follows:

Dwolla

LibertyReserve

Paxum

SEPA

International Wire to our HSBC account in Hong Kong

Bank Transfer to our Barclays account in the UK. 

After adding funds to your account, you will be ready to make your first convenient and secure purchase of bitcoins.  Welcome to Mt.Gox!
ama

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 08:24:33 AM

I am new to the bit-coin game, how does every one buy/sell coin's what is the main exchange digital currency? Are good's easily traded for bit-coins?

If you are in the Eurozone, I think SEPA is the best way.

Interjekcion

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 03:35:40 AM

Vouching for MT.Gox
That being said, I've heard of some people who have had bad experiences with them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: