Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with Mt.Gox Response times  (Read 1622 times)
RandomBuny (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 03:16:46 PM

Heya all,

I've been trying to resist posting in any forum, as I really want Mt.Gox to succeed but I'm starting to get frustrated with my account being locked.  I threw a chunk of money in it earlier this month and tried to pull my BC out to my own address, and it got flagged for account review.  I emailed the address noted to for account reviews, and that time Mark (MagicalTux) Got the problem solved rather quickly.  I was locked again however when I tried to buy again, and it's been since last thursday since my account has been under review .  It feels like a game of cat and mouse.  I had MagicalTux on IRC for a few minutes on friday and he told me he would need supporting documents, which I emailed in.  Since then however it's been radio silence, and he hasn't been responsive in IRC.  I know I'm small change in the world of bitcoins, but to me, 83 BC is a decent chunk of change that I need to get to a friend who is doing contract work for me. 

Any advice?  I live in Japan so I'm highly tempted to just take a train down to Shibuya. 

I'm trying to be really patient, and all of my communications have been upbeat, and not inflammatory  in any way shape or form.. I'm just getting a bit frustrated  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
panerai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 05:40:46 PM

I'm so glad to be dealing with exchangebitcoins.com

None of that bullshit over there. David at ExchB is running a tight ship

I have no affilication with ExchB other than a customer.
RandomBuny (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 11:20:14 PM

Another morning, another day without access to my account.  I tried to sell a few of my BC off to see if I was only being blocked from withdrawing my coin, but no, I'm also being blocked from withdrawing my cash.

I'm really not liking that they will take my money, but not let me do anything with it.  I guess I'll wait out my time in the newbie holding pen before I go and ask the big boy posters questions about this on the rest of the board. I really want to be positive about all of this but my patience is really wearing thing. 

And for the record, I did not violate any of the withdraw limits on the site.  From the last time when my account was active, I deposited $400USD, and tried to withdraw that equivalent in Coin which should have been below the 100 coin a day limit.  I've played by their stated rules.   Undecided
RandomBuny (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 02:35:13 AM

And to be fair, I'll update with the current responses

They've let me know that they are going to try and get through the remaining authorizations today.  I'll post again when my account has been unlocked.

I know they've been swamped since their last issue.  I just feel like they need a counter on their site that says "We have cleared up to support ticket XXXXX.  We'll get to yours as soon as we can, but we're swamped! Please be patient!"  If I had that, I wouldn't be as anxious about if anyone was there
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 02:42:28 AM

Hello RandomBuny,

We sincerely apologize for the delay you have experienced in having your submitted documents reviewed. Please be aware that these measures have been brought into place at the insistence of a number of banking and policing entities after an increase in the incidence of fraud, phishing attacks and money laundering being carried out using bitcoins to mask illegal transactions.

We have been attempting to process all submitted documentation as quickly as possible, but due to the sudden increase in AML requests, processing of submitted documentation has become slightly delayed. We thank our users for their continued patience and support as we adjust to the requirements which have been obligated upon Mt.Gox.

If you would like to contact Mt.Gox Support directly to further discuss the issue, please feel free to contact us at support@mtgox.com, or by accessing the below link, at any time:

https://mtgox.zendesk.com/entries/20248423-transaction-inquiries

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 06:54:45 PM

Hello RandomBuny,

We sincerely apologize for the delay you have experienced in having your submitted documents reviewed. Please be aware that these measures have been brought into place at the insistence of a number of banking and policing entities after an increase in the incidence of fraud, phishing attacks and money laundering being carried out using bitcoins to mask illegal transactions.

We have been attempting to process all submitted documentation as quickly as possible, but due to the sudden increase in AML requests, processing of submitted documentation has become slightly delayed. We thank our users for their continued patience and support as we adjust to the requirements which have been obligated upon Mt.Gox.

If you would like to contact Mt.Gox Support directly to further discuss the issue, please feel free to contact us at support@mtgox.com, or by accessing the below link, at any time:

I've been waiting a week and a half. I sent my supporting documents 7 times, and kept on getting emails back that "they hadn't received them".

Is it possible that MtGox is insolvent, and is perpetuating the AML scheme to lock bitcoins up as a last ditch effort to keep its doors open?

Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 12:20:29 AM

When you get your money back,use TradeHill.
They have awesome customer support.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 02:57:45 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2011, 03:10:28 AM by repentance

I've been waiting a week and a half. I sent my supporting documents 7 times, and kept on getting emails back that "they hadn't received them".

Is it possible that MtGox is insolvent, and is perpetuating the AML scheme to lock bitcoins up as a last ditch effort to keep its doors open?

Them repeating their formal statement about the general issue doesn't really constitute "customer support" and isn't going to fix the problem.  At this point they need to be trying to work out why they're not receiving your documents and walking you through the process of submitting them.

Are you faxing them the documents?  International faxing can have weird dialling rules sometimes which the recipient mightn't know about.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:20:11 AM

Hello RandomBuny,

Hello Jonathan,

We apologize that you have been struggling with the process. Are you attaching both the ID and the utility document to the email? Please try again by following the instructions here:
https://mtgox.com/forms/verification

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
Nic Dooce

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 04:53:22 AM

They don't answerd a lot.
TradeHill Australia

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 10:41:09 PM

When you get your money back,use TradeHill.
They have awesome customer support.

Thanks Seraphim, we do try!

RandomBunny come check us out:

https://www.tradehill.com/

Also if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Rubin.
Australian Partner.
TradeHill.
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 05:39:57 PM

So did you ever get your money out?

Mt.Gox_Natalie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 07:42:15 AM

Hello RandomBuny,

We see that your application has been reviewed and approved last week and you were able to access your account and make your withdrawal.  If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact the Mt.Gox Support Desk. 
iamapi

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 01:52:36 AM

It's really a problem
bitflower

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 07:42:06 AM

You've noted that Dwolla transactions are going thru. What about Paxum? Do you wait for a customer to withdraw money on Paxum before you fund your Paxum account? If so, how long does it usually take for the entire withdrawal process i.e. customer makes Paxum withdrawal request on Mt.Gox----->Mt.Gox sends funds into its own Paxum business account--->Funds finally travel from Mt.Gox's Paxum business account into customer's Paxum account.

Hello Han,

We apologize about the Paxum delay. We are seeing another delay with Paxum and they will be processed shortly. We fund our Paxum account regularly, but due to large number of accounts being verified and unlocked this week, we saw a large sum of withdrawal requests. Normally Paxum withdrawals are processed within few hours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: