Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]**** NEW THEKEV VERTMINER ****Ultimate Vertminer guide for Windows****  (Read 115575 times)
dmfree88 (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:14:19 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 08:55:32 PM by dmfree88

Vertminer, tweaked. Written by DMFree88.  
Still a work in progress reply with suggestions will also be adding photos + much more Cheesy.

DMFREE88
VTC:  VwutPJDj7QsjwpmUicQSJ5RjG75DUNBQXx
PANDA:  PYKiRp7BKv1Z3Zztjp7JfaukAxcjgVugKN
BTC:  1BNYqjN5Hm17im9CwD9jKc8nWX3Y68Kd4N
LTC: LfNsAfd5bxuCMggrq16V9XAmUkZWZ1h1eJ
NUT:  NUG79HRXByDFUBPc67ByRqRw6puKda8X74

TheKev (Created the great new fork of vertminer)
VaPb26SAPFnH53ZRWeqp1492DEpzepytBx
Zaw9c1(Windows compiler that helped get us a quick release to windows)
Vy8oEUWVc3wB6bTX2uAAyh11M3gKJA6V3f

WARNING! MINING WILL CAUSE HEAVY USEAGE WITH YOUR GPU! ESPECIALLY WHEN FULLY TWEAKED! ASSURE YOU ALWAYS WATCH YOUR TEMPS! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SETTING UP A FAILSAFE THAT SHUTS DOWN YOUR PC IF EXCEEDING A CERTAIN TEMP.  HWINFO64 CAN BE GOOD FOR THIS.

I WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSSES OR VOIDS OF WARRANTIES.  MINE AND OVERCLOCK AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Settings you will need to understand to truely tweak your gpu. I will explain how to adjust each one later but you must understand each of these settings:

Intensity: How hard the miner is working. Each increase by one is DOUBLE the previous number of threads:
I:12 = 4096 threads
I:13 = 8192 threads
I:14 = 16384 threads
I:15 = 32768 threads
I:16 = 65536 threads
I:17 = 131072 threads
I:18 = 262144 threads
I:19 = 524288 threads
I:20 = 1048576 threads

As you can see this makes a major impact from level to level. You can use a comparison chart (https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison) for all settings to get a good starting point for your gpu. If your feeling more crafty you can use rawintensity. Almost all the same settings apply from the litecoin wiki to vertcoin (unless you use rawintensity).  I will explain the differences below.

RawIntensity:
Exact thread-count. (see above to get close to regular intensity)

Using rawintensity will give you MUCH more room for play.  With normal intensity you are limited to the exact numbers above.  Raw intensity can be more dialed in so gpu that previously had trouble with 2 threads will be able to achieve it easily!  I recommend setting to shaders*N to start. You are only able to use this in Thekev's Miner NOT 0.5.3

(N represents a random numbers between 1-200, using 2 threads you will likely end up on shaders*4 or one of the much lower numbers. Look up your gpu to find your shader count)

GPU-Threads: Now with the release of rawintensity it is possible for nearly all gpu to run 2 threads.  In every scenerio where someone was able to get this to work properly they have seen a decrease in stales and in most cases an increase in hashrate and wu/m.  Also I have noticed myself its generally MUCH less choppy if using the gpu at the same time as mining Cheesy. As far as I know all gpu generally end up on 1 or 2 threads.

Thread-Concurrency: VERY IMPORTANT.  This is one of the only settings that will be different from the normal scrypt litecoin wiki.  You will generally end up at about half of the normal TC.

good numbers to attempt for TC if having trouble (really majorly depends on GPU):
10241, 8193, 5119, 6336 so basically Multiples of shaders + or - 1 is a good combo to work with (Shaders*N{+or-}1=TC).

Work-size: This is also another difference with Scrypt-N mining vs normal Scrypt.  Work-size is from what I have seen almost always best set to 256(current max if you set higher will still create 256 bin). I still recommend trying multiple settings: 256,128,96,64,48 and if new miners release with higher settings try them aswell.

Shaders: Normally you dont adjust shaders and if your using Thekev's miner with rawintensity you wont need to.  But if you decide to take the easy route with 0.5.3 then you will want to put your shaders in this is VERY IMPORTANT.  normally again shaders would be useless but with the 0.5.3 update the intensity will be adjusted automatically to your shaders ONLY if you put your shader count in the config.  IT WILL REVERT TO NORMAL INTENSITY IF YOU DO NOT! again only needed and useable with 0.5.3.

Device: Sets which gpu to use. I highly recommend using seperate miner windows to tweak seperate gpu. You will have to make seperate config files (will explain later). But you want to set to "device" : "0" for your first gpu then 1,2,3 etc for others. If multiple gpu of the same types end up on the same settings you can run them in the same cgminer window, again much easier to tweak seperately though (Also Easier to mine seperate servers, coins etc if you keep em that way).

Queue, Scan-Time and Expiry: All these settings have to do with the work being accepted and givin back to the server. In most cases you will see much less stales and generally better wu/m from setting queue=0 scan-time=1 and expiry=30. Its very difficult to see results from adjusting these settings but best to either set them that way and forget about it or set to stock. Seems to help on multipools more then others.

Those were all the settings you will be tweaking in vertminer to get the best results from your card. I will explain below how to set everything up but you will first need to download the miner. As mentioned above as far as I know TheKev's release is the only one with rawintensity. If you are not going to use rawintensity then I recommend using 0.5.3. You can use the same settings for either one with only the differences mentioned above

DOWNLOAD YOUR MINER

Vertminer 0.5.2 TheKev's Fork (highly recommended for optimum tweaking Please donate some VTC to Kev hes a good friend of mine the more people who donate the more likely he will release new versions: VaPb26SAPFnH53ZRWeqp1492DEpzepytBx ):

Compiled Windows Version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfx474gasa7d2md/VertiKev.zip
(  Please also donate to the compiler Zaw9c1 for helping us get this to windows in a timely manor and hopefully he will help us on the next one : Vy8oEUWVc3wB6bTX2uAAyh11M3gKJA6V3f  )
Source:
https://github.com/thekev/vertminer-gpu

Vertminer 0.5.3 (recommended for normal intensity settings or if experiencing too many bugs with 0.5.2):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nwv3wyr90imvj3/vertminer-0.5.fre3.zip
source (source contains newer version):
https://github.com/Bufius/vertminer-gpu

Either miner will work great, thekev's is based off 0.5.2 so doesn't have all the bug fixes, but does have the very important tool of rawintensity and works better then 0.5.3 for me Cheesy.

CREATE A CONFIG

Once you have your miner downloaded and unzipped to a place you can easily access. If using 0.5.3 you will then want to go into notepad and copy conf below. If using thekev's miner then right click on the included vertminer.conf and edit or open with notepad

TheKev's Miner:

Code:

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://YOURMININGPOOL.com:3385",
"user" : "YOURUSERNAME.YOURWORKERNAME",
"pass" : "WORKERPASSWORD"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum-us.backuppool.com:3384",
"user" : "USERNAME.WORKERNAME",
"pass" : "WORKERPASS"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://3rdbackup.com:3333",
"user" : "USERNAME.WORKER",
}
]
"rawintensity" : "5120",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "6336",
"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"expiry" : "30",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"device" : "0",
"shaders" : "1280",
"scrypt-vert" : true
}

0.5.3:
Code:

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://YOURMININGPOOL.com:3385",
"user" : "YOURUSERNAME.YOURWORKERNAME",
"pass" : "WORKERPASSWORD"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum-us.backuppool.com:3384",
"user" : "USERNAME.WORKERNAME",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://3rdbackup.com:3333",
"user" : "USERNAME.WORKER",
}
]
"intensity" : "13",
"thread-concurrency" : "6336",
"shaders" : "1200",
}

Keep an eye on the Commas and punctuation.  One wrong move and your conf will fail.  Notice the last setting has no comma and the last pool has no comma after the "}".

These are pre-set for a 270x, 270 or 7870. As you can see in the 0.5.3 edition I personally saw better results from setting shaders to 1200.  I have no idea why but this instantly gave me a 30kh/s boost VS what would be normal at 1280.  So be weary and set to 1280 aswell if using the same cards to test.

You will want to change everything based on the wiki and the above information provided about each setting.

BACKUP POOLS ARE SUPER IMPORTANT.  Attacks happen all the time taking down entire pools, You ALWAYS want a backup pool SEPERATE from your current.  EVEN IF YOUR CURRENT ALREADY HAS A BACKUP POOL!  Always make sure you have a 3rd and even 4th to be sure you get paid no matter what happens.

Save your config file.  Make sure when saving you press save as, and select "all files" from the dropdown box NOT "text documents". Then save as "vertminer.conf". (assure it saved as a conf file in the folder and not a text document)

CREATE YOUR BATCH FILE

Time to go back into notepad or if using thekev's then you can use the .bat file provided.

Code:
@echo off
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
COLOR 0C
timeout /t 4
vertminer.exe -g 2 --failover-only

Some of this information is not required and may not be needed at all but you will want to assure you have -g 2 as this is your gpu-threads.  For whatever reason I choose to adjust that here rather then inside the config file.

color adjusts the color, timeout gives you time to adjust the size of the miner and also can be increased if set-up to auto-run when pc starts, Failover-only is to assure it goes back to your first pool when its available (usually takes 5+ minutes after pool is available)

This can be saved as anything but make sure you save as a ".bat" file.  Same as before "All files" to assure it doesnt save as text. (for example: TheKeVKiCkSAzz.bat)

TEST RUN!

That's it you now have set-up your miner. All you need to do is run the .bat file and you are up and mining! Heres some of the info you will want to focus on and information about each:

Expect problems! The miner will be buggy just like cgminer was there has been some errors reported.  You may need to restart the miner to get it to work properly sometimes.  Expect bad connections during startup. vertminer almost requires backup pools to assure it starts properly.

kh/s: This is how hard your gpu is running on average (next to it is current K). Generally this is what people watch as they tweak there gpu. Using a multipool can effect testing. Generally you want to do your tweaking on a single coin dedicated pool to avoid loss of kh/s during coin switch. Otherwise you may end up with a headache.

wu/m: This is the real major factor. kh/s is nothing without work being submitted. Ive seen some high kh/s on my card that produced horrible wu/m. This is wildly random at first and goes up and down significantly. But after hours it will even out. Sometimes you will see wu referred to on a ratio vs kh/s. Most the time you want atleast .9 ratio vs kh/s. so for every 100/khs you should have at least 90wu/m. This can vary though and has a little to do with luck and again will take a long time to even out.

[P]ool management / [G]pu management / Settings / [D]isplay options [Q]uit
Somewhat self explanatory but I thought I would mention. Press Q to quit you dont want to X out and lose work. Also you can access most of the settings from your config from inside of cgminer while its running. This is the best way to adjust intensity. Simply press G for gpu management and a new menu will pop up. press i for xintensity and adjust up and down 1 intensity at a time and you will find the "sweet spot" that give your card a boost. Just gotta find the right sweet spot that gives good wu/m and kh/s combination especially when using rawintensity (which would be adjusted in larger increments at first).

HW: This should ALWAYS be 0. There may be some bad luck with a pool that causes errors but that is extremely rare. This number has been 0 for me for over 2 months unless I have bad settings. HW means you have hardware errors. If you have ANY HW then you need to find the problem. Generally it means too low of thread concurrency OR too high of intensity (or sometimes too high of thread concurrency as well). Always adjust settings one at a time to pin-point the problem.  Thread concurrency is much harder to tune in scrypt-n and is generally the problem.

A:, R: These are work accepted and work rejected. This can vary from pool to pool based on connectivity but you will want this to be super low. If you have a good pool connection it should be as low as 1 percent or even lower. multi-pools will have higher rejects due to coin switching as well as p2pools tend to have higher rejects too. Even under extreme circumstances 4%+ is too high you generally need to lower intensity or find other solutions. Remember 1% may not sound like much but at 500kh/s actually running at

Most of the other information is irrelevant. but do keep an eye on GF: as this is getwork failures. if this keeps going up too much you have a really bad connection to your pool and may want to consider switching pools. after 24 hours i have about 150 getwork failures on a fairly bad pool connection (to give comparison).

TWEAKING TIME

So you hopefully are running smoothly but it can be very difficult sometimes.  The main culprit usually being thread concurrency or intensity.  I highly recommend going with intensity 13 in most cases or rawintensity of shaders*4 to start. (for new cards anyways please reply with what works best for you)

You can adjust each setting to try to optimize it but theres really not alot of "play" with vertminer once you find the right setting its pretty much all you get Tongue (asside from overclocking). Maybe try adjusting worksize and see where it gets you.  The main goal you will have though is getting to around 50% of your normal scrypt hashpower (wiki posts will show you normal scrypt hash power).  If you can get to 40%+ your doing pretty good but if your using 0.5.3 and cant get any more out of it id recommend switching to thekev and seeing what you can do with rawintensity.  

Thread-concurrency will be a battle aswell.  You will want this to fall under the perfect number that can shoot you up in hashrates. Sometimes when changing TC you will see errors so be weary and expect PC restarts and long miner starts. Only real information I can give is mentioned above to keep adjusting to assure you have no hw errors. once you get close you will see less and less hw errors.  if you get only 1 or 2 overnight then you are very close but im sure theres a way around it! keep tweaking!

Lastly you may want to do some clean-up in your vertminer folder before starting overclocking. Everytime you changed thread-concurrency, worksize OR gpu threads it created another bin file. This bin file is used everytime you start vertminer and keeps your settings stored. Once your at your optimal settings you can just delete all of the bins. It will create a new one with the same previous settings and you wont have 20 bin files anymore. Also I am sure you noticed everytime you start vertminer with one of those settings changed it takes a much longer time to start because this is when it creates the bin. Once you have your settings locked in and a bin file made vertminer will start much quicker (unless it has pool connection or other issues Tongue).

OVERCLOCKING

Overclocking can be very frustrating. Many cards can respond differently. You will need to tinker with both core and memory clocks at the same time in order to optimize your settings. You can even end up at different clocks for different cgminer settings.

Use a program like MSI afterburner or Sapphire trixx or something. You need on the fly controls to really optimize each gpu. (you can always add your final values to your config and not use these programs in the future)

Sometimes you will see the same results from 1340 mem as you will from 1500. Sometimes not. Depends on memory, brand and card. Core clock can also be the same way. My 7870 likes a much lower clock between 975-1010 is optimal but it still runs almost the exact same kh/s at 1300-1340. So when you think your going up sometimes its better to go down! Try everything!

My current clock settings:
7870: core clock 1005, mem-clock 1365 runs at 215kh/s. Can push around 225ish but wasnt running well
270x: core clock 1098, mem-clock 1456 runs at 244kh/s. Can push up to 250ish with minor tweaking but was bad wu/m (reports show these settings work on multiple 270x)
my normal scrypt hash rates were 500kh/s for 270x and 425kh/s for 7870

This can be HEAVILY effected by the bin file created by the miner from different driver versions. I do NOT suggest using the new 14.1 drivers for pitcairn cards. For both my 7870 and 270x there was a MAJOR loss in kh/s. Have also seen alot of bad reports from others aswell. 13.11 or 13.12 are recommended especially with pitcairn. (newer drivers hopefully will do better Cheesy)

So your goal is to underclock and undervolt if possible.  This can save you power and can still increase hashrates.  Some may see better results from overclocking.  Like the memory generally will be overclocked while the core underclocked.  

Not all cards will have access to voltage control.  You may need to check in settings to see if you can turn it on.  It might not come on though.  Lowering voltage will lower heat and power significantly.  This can be a major factor in your profits especially if power is costly where your from.  Lowering volts too far will cause your gpu to be unstable if you go too far.  Have to find a happy median.

Once you find the perfect settings for your card you can set to overclock at startup.  Or you can edit your bios using VBE7 and then us ATI winflash to set the settings permanently to your bios.

OVERCLOCK AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF WARRANTY CAUSED BY THE USE OF THIS GUIDE OR PROGRAMS MENTIONED WITHIN.

Please take the time to understand that I am just a small miner (as many of you are) with just a 270x and a 7870 to work with.  I do not have a large amount of income, I am the only one currently working to support a family of 4 with an autistic child.  It has been an extremely rough year for us and if not for the help of my family I may not have made it a couple months.  I ask that if you got any help from this guide that you please donate just even a very small amount to help us out.  If everyone to read this guide were to donate even just a single VTC I may actually make it through the winter warm.  I have never asked for help in the past some of you may know me from my kalroth guide here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1461916/tutorial-ultimate-guide-to-tweaking-amd-cgminer-3-7-2-kalroth-edition-sgminer-instructions-included-aswell-get-the-most-hash-out-of-your-gpu.  

I hope to spread the help as much as possible please reply here if you need any at all.  But please keep in mind I do spend a lot of time here and any help to support me and my family no matter how small I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks a ton I hope this helped you get some more hashpower!

VTC: VwutPJDj7QsjwpmUicQSJ5RjG75DUNBQXx
PANDA: PYKiRp7BKv1Z3Zztjp7JfaukAxcjgVugKN
BTC: 1BNYqjN5Hm17im9CwD9jKc8nWX3Y68Kd4N
LTC: LfNsAfd5bxuCMggrq16V9XAmUkZWZ1h1eJ
NUT: NUG79HRXByDFUBPc67ByRqRw6puKda8X74

After a recent donation from a certain someone Wink I was able to get the parts needed to fix my car.  I am eternally grateful to you.  I appreciate the help more then I will ever be able to express with words.  Any future donations go towards my familys survival.  Thanks for your time Cheesy

All donations Go directly to support my autistic son:
VTC: VaDUVkbX5j83UsT5r7QFjfapcZFYbzQz9x / BTC: 1BNYqjN5Hm17im9CwD9jKc8nWX3Y68Kd4N / LTC: LfNsAfd5bxuCMggrq16V9XAmUkZWZ1h1eJ /
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmfree88 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:17:55 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 10:25:07 AM by dmfree88

Shocked FAQ and MORE!  Grin

Also got it compiled and all, but as soon as I put (gpu-threads : 2 )in my config, I get the following

Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
GPU 0 failure, disabling!

And using gpu-threads : 1 makes it run about 30% slower than it should...

It appears that with Scrypt-N You need to have at least same or more amount of system RAM as is on Your VGA, so If You have 2G of ram and some R9 VGA with 3G, Youll get this error with higher thread concurrency. Eg (approximates)

R9 280X w 3G video RAM + 2GB system RAM on scrypt with TC 8192:     700khs
R9 280X w 3G video RAM + 4GB system RAM on scrypt-n with TC 8192:  350khs
R9 280X w 3G video RAM + 2GB system RAM on scrypt-n with TC 8192:  Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
R9 280X w 3G video RAM + 2GB system RAM on scrypt-n with TC 4096:  200khs

Keep in mind Ram is a factor.  You may need more ram to get multiple cards running.  Minimum 4 recommended 8 or more.  Wink

Will this work with normal Scrypt coins if I change it in the config from Scrypt-vert to just Scrypt? I love the raw intensity option. I have 2 280xs in an enclosed case that run well at I 13, but together are just too hot for the enclosure. I've had success with this miner setting them at TC and raw intensity 7168 which is essentially I 12.807. They stay at temps that I like and I'm fine with 87.5% throughput. However, if like to point one of them to a Scrypt coin and am not sure if there are other miners that allow for such fine tuning of intensity.

Coming soon I will post the guide with switching from scrypt to scrypt-n.  For now its in developement and will require some time for testing/compiling.

"rawintensity" : "11264,11264,10240",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192,8192,8192",
"gpu-engine" : "917,917,917",
"gpu-fan" : "90,90,90",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500,1500",
"shaders" : "2816,2816,2560",
}

I'm getting 300kh on one of my 290x's right now with these settings... any suggestions/help?

I have 2 290x's and a 290, how do i get the miner to startup the other 2? just says "OFF" on the other 2 when i start

In order to run multiple gpu you must change "device" : "0", to "device" : "0,1,2" to run 3 GPUs.  Can also run only certain GPUs if you prefer.

Also with most GPU thread concurrency ends up at 8193 rather then 8192 this can make a big difference (test BOTH)

Lastly 290x are much different then most gpu.  As far as I can tell it can be easier just to go with single thread and intensity 20 and higher thread concurrency, all depends.  When I get a collection of more good configs I will try to post more info.

VTC: VaDUVkbX5j83UsT5r7QFjfapcZFYbzQz9x / BTC: 1BNYqjN5Hm17im9CwD9jKc8nWX3Y68Kd4N / LTC: LfNsAfd5bxuCMggrq16V9XAmUkZWZ1h1eJ /
mrakbox

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:41:57 PM

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/58334ac5c8dcef81d27fbc9d405deb69d7910ae03a63972f4d2cc269077485d1/analysis/

do i have to worry?
wincky

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:46:38 PM

thank you donations nut Grin Grin
dmfree88 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:38:06 AM

im running it myself without problems Those are all false positives absolutely no problems I ran a scan myself.

See here is the scan of vertminer 0.5.3 directly from the main post everyone gets it from:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/09716bb8276990416992034d78b7260abb8d4417ccaf8b21171969eacae0d116/analysis/

That was directly downloaded from here (Feel free to download and check yourself Cheesy):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450310.0

actually shows 6 false positives vs the 5 in the one you linked.  No different then the original I assure you.  Check my rep on OC.NET you will see I am strictly here to help Cheesy. Always have been Cheesy.

note235

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:17:53 AM

i'll donate after i get back

im on teamviewer and using 0.5.3 after following everything, it still doesn't recognize the batch file
any reason why?
dmfree88 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:02:11 AM

im on teamviewer and using 0.5.3 after following everything, it still doesn't recognize the batch file
any reason why?

It wont recognize the bat itself.  Were you trying to run the bat? You have to open the bat and it will start mining.  The miner wont recognize the bat, the bat is what starts the miner.  Sorry for the delayed response I have been having some issues with a flood :/.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gmv6kibwb2xkh6l/ZSeeTxgVrI

that was from earlier my wall has since been breached lol.  hopefully I can fix it soon the rains supposed to drop water on us all week. FML.  I will try to help all those that I can but I may be delayed in response at this moment xD.

Cryptomancer

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:46:27 AM

3 of 5 says "Bitcoinminer", that's what the program is supposed to do.

note235

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:11:13 AM

any reason why?

It wont recognize the bat itself.  Were you trying to run the bat? You have to open the bat and it will start mining.  The miner wont recognize the bat, the bat is what starts the miner.  Sorry for the delayed response I have been having some issues with a flood :/.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gmv6kibwb2xkh6l/ZSeeTxgVrI

that was from earlier my wall has since been breached lol.  hopefully I can fix it soon the rains supposed to drop water on us all week. FML.  I will try to help all those that I can but I may be delayed in response at this moment xD.

meant the conf file

used both the 5.2 and 5.3 but neither gives me WU over 5-10
rsx19

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:15:30 AM

great guide, possibly add nvidia in there too?

BlackCoin For poor Shibe - BMobXjx9TN96a1qmZA9pSSzJur6UH9PWgU
DeltaQuebec

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 09:02:46 PM

great guide, possibly add nvidia in there too?

The latest releases of cudaminer already support N-Scrypt.

I run v 2014.2.9 on a lil GTX 650 Ti , and the beginning of my .bat is: (cudaminer.exe  --algo=scrypt:2048)  VTC & PANDA ( same settings )
works great. ( win 7 64, 8GB ram )

If you dont have the latest release(s) of cudaminer look here on pg1: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

Happy Mining
ixobelle

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:25:00 PM

great guide, man.

With VTC/PANDA it's actually pretty wonky to find a sweet spot. I start with 1000/1500 core/mem and increment up and down a bit to find the sweet spot. With vanilla scrypt, any increase that remains stable is bonus, but with nscrypt, I've found that going up can sometimes lower hash (without even throwing HW errors). I tend to hover right around 1000/1500 on my rigs, which run combinations of ASUS, MSI, and Sapphire (all 280x).

note235

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:29:48 PM

still couldn't get any vertcoin/cgminer modified to work with any of my 6 rigs

will donate 5k doge to whoever helps make it work
dmfree88 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:23:37 PM

what seems to be the problem? are you able to get the original one to work?

note235

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:38:19 PM

what seems to be the problem? are you able to get the original one to work?

I'm not really sure what the problem is

none of the miners work
vert nor cgminer

the miners starts and i get 5-10 WU or none
and I have been mining before using cgminer for normal scrypt
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:12:02 AM

Those sure are some big red letters!    Shocked

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
yorich

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:05:50 AM

are hash rates expected to be 1/2 -1/3 of regular scrypt mining?  just tried this on one of my rigs, and i'm getting 1.05Mh from 3 290's, vs 2.67-2.72 Mh from the same cards.

Code:
{
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.0.33",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-network" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"shares" : "0",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-engine" : "1000",
"gpu-fan" : "75-100",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-memclock" : "1475",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"intensity" : "20",
"temp-target" : "80",
"temp-overheat" : "92",
"temp-cutoff" : "99",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shaders" : "2560",
"rawintensity" : "10240",
"thread-concurrency" : "10241",
"skip-security-checks" : "1",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"scan" : "opencl:auto",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-unicode" : true,
}
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:47:03 AM

hey man, i have the same 7870 as you i think, what tc and shader settings do you use?
g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:15:46 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 01:14:49 PM by g0re79

are hash rates expected to be 1/2 -1/3 of regular scrypt mining?  just tried this on one of my rigs, and i'm getting 1.05Mh from 3 290's, vs 2.67-2.72 Mh from the same cards.

Code:

I have exactly 1/2 of scrypt hashrate on Vert too, is this correct? Also be sure to delete API acces from TheKev's Fork config file, otherwise You can expect some bad surprise..

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
jaybee3014

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:06:18 PM

I reviewed this thread and seen no mention of setups for Linux.  Is there support for Linux users as of present for this new miner program?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: