Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent price patterns  (Read 136 times)
Portorico952 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:25:50 AM

I noticed strange price fluctation pattern in the last couple of months. Price suddenly goes up for about 200 USD simultaneously on all major exchanges with a lot of volume. Then after a few days price props suddenly for about the same amount and again on all exchanges with big volumes.

Could it be that the exchanges coordinate actions and push the price up and down as they wish and on each cycle of this pattern?

It is possible that exchages buy coins on some volume and then buy back but on lower price but at much bigger volume and make a lot of money on this?

if that is the case price will continue to go down because more coinss are sold than bought.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Portorico952 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:14:14 AM

Sorry price DROPS instead of props, typing error!
Sihab76

Activity: 1302
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:19:51 AM

Today bitcoin and Ethereum price is around $6250 and $435 respectively. What a dumping price is!   I hope bitcoin and Ethereum price will double in next month...
vlom31

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 06:23:09 AM

Not sure if all exchanges coordinate it but more probable is some whales coordinating over multiple exchanges, we've seen weird bumps & drops of way more than $200 .. surely some weird stuff is going on.

Mehdi
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:26:53 AM

The prices of bitcoin and etherium is a worth and such a hug3 amount, but in other coins that i have is so very low and i think i can not get it because there are some payment for transferring a transaction and i think there are also many other coins that are low prices as of now.
Portorico952 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:33:07 AM

The prices of bitcoin and etherium is a worth and such a hug3 amount, but in other coins that i have is so very low and i think i can not get it because there are some payment for transferring a transaction and i think there are also many other coins that are low prices as of now.

Yes, that is more likely the cause. Then -  whales might be cashing out?
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:36:38 AM

Exchanges have a benefit both when the market goes up or down. They just gain profit from the fees, so if they want to earn more money the only thing they have to do is having buy-sell orders in a stable emvironment.

What i want to say is that if there are "small" fluctuations in prices more people are going to try and trade at that period of time. On the other hand, if there is a hugh dump or huge pump, everything "freezes" waiting to see when this trend will stop.

So in my opinion, this volatility is not to blame exchanges but only some whales that they have their one benefits from dropping and pumping the prices of cryptos.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:16:28 AM

Sorry price DROPS instead of props, typing error!
You can modify your post through pressing the "Edit" button.  Smiley

It is possible that exchages buy coins on some volume and then buy back but on lower price but at much bigger volume and make a lot of money on this?
I have no idea if they are doing this but if they do, they won't let others know this type of activity that they are doing. Also it's their choice to buy the coins that they think will have large volume in the future just like us traders.

This is why the exchanges are becoming richer quickly that has a lot of traders on their platform.

Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:43:25 AM

I noticed strange price fluctation pattern in the last couple of months. Price suddenly goes up for about 200 USD simultaneously on all major exchanges with a lot of volume. Then after a few days price props suddenly for about the same amount and again on all exchanges with big volumes.

Could it be that the exchanges coordinate actions and push the price up and down as they wish and on each cycle of this pattern?

if that is the case price will continue to go down because more coinss are sold than bought.
If that is what the exchange are doing I think that is a great manipulations and I think we need to be careful then.  Traders are been cheated then if this informations are truth.  Traders should also study what these exchanges  are doing and we should invest along those lines or pattern.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:04:43 AM

these price changes are strange and new to you because you are looking at how much $$$ price goes up and down instead of looking at how many %%% it is going up and down.
for instance you mentioned "200 USD"  that amount means $200 in $6200 or in percentage terms that is about 3% rise which is nothing. if you look at the charts during the stable phases like this you can see price changes up and down in a range lower than 10%.

Only Bitcoin
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:03:09 AM

I am also looking for each percentage whether the price is on the green or red part and not by the amount of value it lost, And I also think maybe there are a group of people performing the pump and dump little by little with each price change until they can get what they want, There are many speculation on how they can sure do this but we will stick to the dumping and buying stuff they will sure sell on a given amount and would always buy cheap, But other kinds of things that the price would drop because they sure spread FUD that much or they might be waiting for the right time to buy again when a negative news arise again, I really think this is a basic thing to do to accumulate profit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: