Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:20:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new coin  (Read 1675 times)
acarterczyz

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:25:09 AM

For 1BTC I will show you how to clone coin by directing you to 2 different websites that will spell it out step by step. Not a coingen.  It's as easy as copy paste. You don't need to know coding, just need to know how to read. There is a reason there is 100 turd coins being dropped everyday here. You just need to take the time and know what tools.

Here is my address: 1MtzUmKZiK14pE5hgsEs2W7wBLZroYjFcT

Pm me!

Why should he pay you for free information?

http://dogecoin.ga/how_to_create_scrypt_based_altcoins.html
Are you trying to bit block me?

He doesn't know the sites I know. One shows you how to clone in Linux and one using windows. He will also get my 2 cents.

If you went to the link I posted, you'd notice it shows you how to clone in linux, mac, and windows (partially).
Plus, I doubt your "links" are still relevant.
Xenopus

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:52:07 AM

I'm still waiting for an altcoin with a cupholder armrest.

BTC: 17mV6VCMnbYbrhJfsxCEZm9y3CL1qb6jFC
Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:15:13 AM

Hey guys, I'm considering starting my own coin and would like to see if you would be interested in supporting or even becoming a part of the team.

Why another coin?

I believe making another coin would be beneficial because this coin will be different.

How?
I have seen many coins without premines crash due to lack of funds and I've seen coins with premines disappear from pump and dumps. As a result I have decided to make a coin 100% transparent with a premine.

What do you need?
I need people for both a team to keep this coin running and for support.

Team: For a team I would like someone to fill these position
  • Coder
  • Marketing
  • Community Adviser
  • Visual Artist
[/list]

Support: For support I would need
    • A faucet
    • A game
    • A pool
    • Dedicated Miners

These lists are not set in stone and this coin will not come to life without community support. As a result I ask that people post here if they will be willing to support this coin or even become part of the team. All involved will receive just compensation. Please post here if you would like to help or if you have any suggestions.
    [/quote]

How many twitter followers you have? 2014 will be celebritycoin year I believe, but 100% mot loooosercoin
    jaitor

Activity: 227

View Profile
    February 16, 2014, 11:16:13 AM

where are the fucking devs of the coin, this coin needs two weeks of continuos support and new stuff/sites/faucets/giveaways/.../... to be able to survive..come on!!
    contraband

Activity: 1232
    Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
    February 16, 2014, 08:14:54 PM

What does this guy bring to the table?

He is the leader.

If he is a great leader this coin will go far as this idea has legs. Look at the competition. This is how basically how the 2nd generation coins are doing it, which IMHO have the best vaule/chance.

If he is a poor leader, then this will fail.

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. Can he put together a team? Manage them, motivate them, etc. Does he have a clear picture of what his vision is? Can he make it a reality?

There are limitless opportunities in this industry.

amazingsammy

Activity: 9
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    February 16, 2014, 08:37:14 PM

Hypothetical scenario:

You find a coder who is willing to work on the project, and get your coin mined.
    Or, to restate that, some guy on a random message board who claims to be a c++ coder is brought on to the project to work for free without a background check.
    You don't have anything set up like a gravity well, because your coder doesn't include one, and you're not a coder yourself.
    Not only are you not a coder, but you're putting yourself into a position where it would be easy to mislead or defraud you, but let's say you get as far as launch.

You get hit by a multipool the minute your coin hits the major exchanges and coinwarz.
    Your coder may or may not have the ability to help.
    Your coder may or may not be returning your emails.
    You're fucked, because you're not a coder.

Don't start a project like this unless you're going to have realistic expectations of what's involved and the ability to fix problems yourself.
    jogoma12 (OP)

Activity: 249
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    February 16, 2014, 09:49:10 PM

Hypothetical scenario:

You find a coder who is willing to work on the project, and get your coin mined.
    Or, to restate that, some guy on a random message board who claims to be a c++ coder is brought on to the project to work for free without a background check.
    You don't have anything set up like a gravity well, because your coder doesn't include one, and you're not a coder yourself.
    Not only are you not a coder, but you're putting yourself into a position where it would be easy to mislead or defraud you, but let's say you get as far as launch.

You get hit by a multipool the minute your coin hits the major exchanges and coinwarz.
    Your coder may or may not have the ability to help.
    Your coder may or may not be returning your emails.
    You're fucked, because you're not a coder.

Don't start a project like this unless you're going to have realistic expectations of what's involved and the ability to fix problems yourself.

You're right so I'm looking into learning how to do this myself but would rather someone with more experience to handle it. Good point though
    amazingsammy

View Profile
    February 16, 2014, 11:18:24 PM

Well then. That's totally different.
    There was one on Github called Foocoin, which was a sample implementation of a really basic scrypt coin based on Pennies.
    I'm not sure if it's still there, but Github is always a good place to start.
    jogoma12 (OP)

Activity: 249
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    February 16, 2014, 11:30:01 PM

Well then. That's totally different.
    There was one on Github called Foocoin, which was a sample implementation of a really basic scrypt coin based on Pennies.
    I'm not sure if it's still there, but Github is always a good place to start.

Yea that's what I'm using  Grin
    Cesar22

Activity: 100
    Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
    February 16, 2014, 11:37:33 PM

we are also releasing a coin/no coin!

why dont you join us?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469352.0

amazingsammy

View Profile
    February 17, 2014, 01:27:51 AM

I think the biggest problem people face when creating new coins is that nobody thinks about things like adoption before hand.
    That's why you have a majority of coins that are little more than low value speculative assets. If you could work out the practical application of the coin before hand, and provide easy to use documentation on it, I think you would probably have a better chance of success. What I'm saying is don't just develop a coin. Develop an open source shopping cart system that works with your coin too. Post it. Give it away. Doesn't have to be a shopping cart. It could be anything that gets people spending it. How about a coin with an open catalog in it? Nobody's done that. How about a coin that takes advantage of some as of yet unimplemented bitcoin protocol feature that everyone wants, but nobody has? There's so much room for creativity here, that it's just not funny. My personal feeling is that some kind of real innovation is coming to altcoin wallets soon. Something, anything, needs to happen.
    Pages: « 1 [2]  All
      Print  

Jump to: