Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:44:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik's seven difficult questions for the cryptoverse  (Read 38 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:01:33 PM

https://bcfocus.com/news/ethereum-co-founder-vitalik-buterin-comes-up-with-seven-difficult-questions-for-the-cryptoverse/18297/

Bitmain and affiliated pools now have ~53% of all bitcoin hashpower. Isn't this a really big problem?

Why aren't there any useful large-scale applications yet?

Why are there not yet good solutions to account security? When will the problem of account hacks and thefts be solved?

How can decentralized apps work well even with 5-10 second blockchain latency?

PoW is burning billions of dollars per year, even more than all scams and thefts combined, isn't this a big tragedy?

What are the centralization risks in proof of stake?

Given how EOS governance has turned into an epic fail, doesn't this mean that all on-chain governance including DAOs is fundamentally flawed? How can any DAO deal with bribe attacks, plutocrats and other risks?

has this made you think or doubled down on not caring? speaking for myself i'm gonna leave it to people better qualified to solve and i'll keep a wary eye on things if they're looking like going south.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: