Bitcoin Forum
January 19, 2022, 06:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 22.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1055848 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
develCuy

Activity: 434
Merit: 294

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2022, 05:24:39 AM

Dear Devcoin community,

As the head of Devcoin Foundation, and lead developer of Devcoin I should inform you the following:

I have been trying for the last 2 years to list Devcoin in centralized exchanges, we had many great opportunities but never enough funding. I did a last try recently to finally understand that "listing" is a business only for the exchanges and not for a project like Devcoin. They charge huge amounts of money only to use those same funds for providing liquidity! From now on, any listing effort should come from exchanges themselves, if they want to make money with OUR project, they should invest their own money. The Devcoin project only cooperates with individuals and organizations willing to work as hard as we do, risks included.

Thank you!

- develCuy

develCuy's posts at steemitDevcoin on Telegram  |  Devcoin - from the many, one. From one, the source

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kickback

Activity: 200
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 11:05:11 AM

I am on the old wallet also because when I put the wallet .dat in the new client it won't sync or even get a connection but old wallet is working.

I thought the seeds were hardcoded the newest version works fine with me. You could also try syncing clean with the new then importing your private keys into it so the balance would be in your new wallet then backup and save the wallet.dat?

EDIT: happy new years MFs!

develCuy has a link on Syscoin NEVM to the Devcoin Foundation account where former Devcoin Project developer sidhujag (now lead of Syscoin Project) donated 3443 SYS to the DF account! Today in fiat that value = $4062 USD

Thanks Dan. I will try it again with the new version but having to resync the whole blockchain is not easy for me because I have a very bad internet speed making it take a day or two and sometimes it disconnects before it syncs causing it to go back to the beginning which is very frustrating so I wanted to just load up new wallet with all the old executable files in the appdata folder and work from that but it wouldnt work the few last times I tried so just stayed with the old wallet.

Happy new year to you and all the Devcoin team.
madawg

Activity: 58
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 10, 2022, 09:43:24 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2022, 10:28:52 PM by madawg

When trying to figure out a private key for an address the dumpprivkey [address] command in the console won't work?  Private key for address [address] is not known (code -4)

My wallet.dat was generated in the old client so would there be an issue recovering the private keey through the console on the latest version? I generated a new empty wallet.dat in the new client and there was no issue but when I put in the old wallet.dat the error shows.
realdantreccia

Activity: 561
Merit: 434

ÐoGΞ-ye

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2022, 09:31:14 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2022, 09:45:29 AM by realdantreccia

Good post Dan but regarding the ~$4k.  I’m wondering if the best thing to do is to do a massive buyback and lower that 2 trillion mofo coin max supply.  If I were dev that’s what i would do.   Or donate it to the ixc dev since he seems to really need it.  Just sayin’.

~ Apocalipsa

Virtually, some say that all those digiDVC and other factors that would make Devcoin's value real, are not real at all. I think we're stuck in a game, a simulation, or just alpha testing. Either way - we endure. And we're gonna come together to prove it to the world.

Dear Devcoin community,

As the head of Devcoin Foundation, and lead developer of Devcoin I should inform you the following:

I have been trying for the last 2 years to list Devcoin in centralized exchanges, we had many great opportunities but never enough funding. I did a last try recently to finally understand that "listing" is a business only for the exchanges and not for a project like Devcoin. They charge huge amounts of money only to use those same funds for providing liquidity! From now on, any listing effort should come from exchanges themselves, if they want to make money with OUR project, they should invest their own money. The Devcoin project only cooperates with individuals and organizations willing to work as hard as we do, risks included.

Thank you!

- develCuy

"listing" is for chumps not people of our beliefs. We value things for what they're creating each day and not for their presence on a web-based "exchange" or "listing"... We very well have one thing that may just not be visible at the moment. Much of that is the history of our co-founder and developers work pre-Bitcoin genesis and the other is the value of time and effort especially in terms of Virtual Game economics. I tweeted a new york times article from 2005 about how people who put the time in to earn in game items or currency make real world profits on places like eBay way back when for the social world meets virtual world games of that time. The market for the buyer was the fact it took the seller much time and commitment to acquire the in game goods the buyer valued enough to buy with real world money. The seller regardless of liking the game or not put in their TIME to make real world profit from the transaction on the secondary markets those social network virtual world games had/have. Second Life was on mentioned. It's open ended with no end goal - and it gives people freedom to do what they please. To me, that sounds a lot like this project. It's not just marks game or develCuy's valiant efforts to fund OS initiatives and grow the market. It's everyone's collective contributions to ethical decentralized and open ended acceptance of anything that takes the control of the internet and its development BACK from companies like Facebook, Google, and others that sell you and data mine you to stuff their pockets. No more.

To me our collective identity is our most valuable quality metaphorically. Our SHA-256 MM OGs - its written all over our chains, the network is still strong as ever, secure as ever. Maybe just not visible to people who think $ = value and $value = visible on websites/aggregators of fiat prices. ID will be huge, just as the value to those efforts of developers who made the internet of blockchains and their efforts in OSI and transparency/decentralization of power. The money will become real when the network effect of our collective trumps that of Facebook, Google, etc when they try to keep up. The population isn't aware of us, but we have powerful allies that people will recognize within our realm - bank on that. Then they will all want a piece of the FOSS blockchain world you all made happen. Don't worry about those coins just hold them with your private keys and keep running nodes.

ÐΞVCOIN: twitter.com/_Devcoin
wiked1

Activity: 421
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 12, 2022, 07:59:32 PM

When trying to figure out a private key for an address the dumpprivkey [address] command in the console won't work?  Private key for address [address] is not known (code -4)

My wallet.dat was generated in the old client so would there be an issue recovering the private keey through the console on the latest version? I generated a new empty wallet.dat in the new client and there was no issue but when I put in the old wallet.dat the error shows.

Just send your coins to an address on a newly generated client and retain your private key for the new address.
realdantreccia

Activity: 561
Merit: 434

ÐoGΞ-ye

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2022, 10:32:03 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2022, 02:26:16 AM by realdantreccia

When trying to figure out a private key for an address the dumpprivkey [address] command in the console won't work?  Private key for address [address] is not known (code -4)

Just send your coins to an address on a newly generated client and retain your private key for the new address.

I usually just move my wallet.dat but I've done that as well - I use Windows 11 like a non-cool novice that I am. BTW, don't be fooled by these market prices. There's so much more to these revolutionary blockchain networks, protocols, unique hashed data on chain, yet to be read, or resurfaced, or maybe just dusted off an put into the machine where the hard disk belongs. Smiley

Switzerland is where its at for "real world" value. MarkM's doing a great job with the metagame economics, and develCuy is making sure our blockchain where worlds will collide or MESH will save humanity Smiley at the very least. 2022 the year of GameFi, new 5G-Open RAN Dish Network's and the Scandinavians are still so much closer to 6G as usual Smiley

https://imgur.com/a/Eaa1X60

EDIT: If you're short sighted don't forget the transition to "web 3.0" or whatever the heck that is has been gradual. If you didn't know or forgot, speculators valued $DVC and will again.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140529035406/http://coinzen.org:80/index.php?topic=53.0

Pattern of web sites and web exchanges going down who cares? All the information that's needed for a market in the future is already on chain. The Web 2.0 is a false flag.

ÐΞVCOIN: twitter.com/_Devcoin
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2022, 04:30:37 PM

Dear community,

I'm glad to announce that the Devcoin's development team (currently @Qtera and me) started to work on new implementation of the native wallet. We are forking Bitcoin Core 22.0.0 and merging into the source code that makes Devcoin what it is, along the work contributed by Sidhujag and Belovachap. I kindly invite you to follow progress here https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/73. The bounty is set at 100 million Devcoins!

- Branding... [DONE]
- Blockchain parameters... [In progress]
- Testnets... [Pending]
- Beta builds... [Pending]
- Release builds... [Pending]

Go for it Devcoin Community! No time is better than NOW!

- develCuy

develCuy's posts at steemitDevcoin on Telegram  |  Devcoin - from the many, one. From one, the source
madawg

View Profile
January 17, 2022, 11:02:36 PM

Dear community,

I'm glad to announce that the Devcoin's development team (currently @Qtera and me) started to work on new implementation of the native wallet. We are forking Bitcoin Core 22.0.0 and merging into the source code that makes Devcoin what it is, along the work contributed by Sidhujag and Belovachap. I kindly invite you to follow progress here https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/73. The bounty is set at 100 million Devcoins!

- Branding... [DONE]
- Blockchain parameters... [In progress]
- Testnets... [Pending]
- Beta builds... [Pending]
- Release builds... [Pending]

Go for it Devcoin Community! No time is better than NOW!

- develCuy

The latest wallet works fine so why do we need to copy what bitcoin is doing anyway? That devcoin logo looks a bit complicated for normies to remember if you are using it for marketing the coin. Complicated designs never work,genius in simplicity.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2022, 04:21:51 AM

The latest wallet works fine so why do we need to copy what bitcoin is doing anyway? That devcoin logo looks a bit complicated for normies to remember if you are using it for marketing the coin. Complicated designs never work,genius in simplicity.

Thanks for your feedback!

We need new functionality provided by latest Bitcoin code base in order to bring Devcoin into nowadays ecosystem.

- develCuy

madawg

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 06:40:12 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

We need new functionality provided by latest Bitcoin code base in order to bring Devcoin into nowadays ecosystem.

- develCuy

Thank you for the reply. I just hope things don't start to get complicated for people using the wallet that's all because it's the greatest hurdle for mainstream adoption by regular Joe out there. The majority of people are basically like dumb zombies who want everything to be easy to use,fast, safe and reliable and only really flock to what is easy and convenient unfortunately but having choice and other options are essential for others of course.

On another note if there was a way for posters here to prove they have actually downloaded a new devcoin wallet and synced the whole blockchain this would be a good thing if anyone knows how this can be verified. We can then donate devcoins to new users who add value to the blockchain. I would donate 1000 Devcoins for each new wallet and blockchain download although that might not be a lot but it would get new wallets onboard maybe. The issue is how to verify people actually downloaded the wallet and whole chain.
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438]
  Print  

Jump to: