Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:46:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New usage of bitcoin and cryptocurrency in sport  (Read 91 times)
slocker (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:41:10 PM

After so many bad news and attempts in adopting crypto as way of financing in sport found out that some have gone one step ahead on this topic. Mostly i mean on football. So far two thing i have found one is sponsorship and another is paying player in crypto. Maybe its next big thing for using crypto and maybe we will see much more in future, maybe from china cuz they invest huge amount of money in this sport, mostly by bringing big names in Europe football there to play.

About what i have found. First its Wolves, team that is playing this season in premiership and have good potencial to stay this season there, so CoinDeal (as crypto company) will hope to cash in on this upward trajectory with the club’s first ever sleeve sponsorship deal, this includes team jerseys and comercial in and around stadium. Good and bold move for them. Unfortunately or maybe something else, but, they offered one year deal, to see if this is worth the effort. CoinDeal’s logo will appear on the left sleeve of Wolves’ matchday kits next season. Good for the team.

Second is Gibraltar United, a Premium Division football team, will become the first football team to pay its players in cryptocurrency next season. According to some news papers and team owner Pablo Dana, who has invested in Quantocoin, a platform designed to provide cryptocurrencies for everyday uses, has started a sponsorship partnership, one of several instances of football teams and athletes finding use for cryptocurrencies. On top of this announcement Gibraltar’s financial sector has embraced blockchain technology and is leading the state in its adoption. This mean that they will have fully adopting crypto in next few years and also Gibraltar’s government also plans to introduce a regulatory framework for ICOs (this i didnt check so may be only a rumor).

We see that this is good progress for crypto addopting in sport, foorball for moment, but we can expect to see this used globally in near future, maybe in basketball or automoto sport.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:45:03 PM

This is indeed a good news.

Aside from that many NBA players are known to invest in bitcoin. They even bet on each other using bitcoin. Dirk Nowitski was one of them, if I remeber it right.

This is good publicity as known personality are showing interest with bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vs225655

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:39:38 PM

A great combination of sport and crypt. But it seems to me that it's not so simple. It can be banal money laundering. Although we will hope that it is not.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:33:48 PM

I also did a little research myself about crypto sponsorship in professional sport and found some interesting info. Arsenal partnered with a US crypto gambling platform to promote their ICO back in January. Lionel Messi is advertising the first mainstream Blockchain cellphone and James Rodriguez has launched his own crypto asset. It's common for ICO projects to buy the services of famous athletes to advertise their token sales. Celebrities like Luis Suarez and Floyd Mayweather come to mind and there are more.
FOUAD1994

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:08:45 PM

After so many bad news and attempts in adopting crypto as way of financing in sport found out that some have gone one step ahead on this topic. Mostly i mean on football. So far two thing i have found one is sponsorship and another is paying player in crypto. Maybe its next big thing for using crypto and maybe we will see much more in future, maybe from china cuz they invest huge amount of money in this sport, mostly by bringing big names in Europe football there to play.

About what i have found. First its Wolves, team that is playing this season in premiership and have good potencial to stay this season there, so CoinDeal (as crypto company) will hope to cash in on this upward trajectory with the club’s first ever sleeve sponsorship deal, this includes team jerseys and comercial in and around stadium. Good and bold move for them. Unfortunately or maybe something else, but, they offered one year deal, to see if this is worth the effort. CoinDeal’s logo will appear on the left sleeve of Wolves’ matchday kits next season. Good for the team.

Second is Gibraltar United, a Premium Division football team, will become the first football team to pay its players in cryptocurrency next season. According to some news papers and team owner Pablo Dana, who has invested in Quantocoin, a platform designed to provide cryptocurrencies for everyday uses, has started a sponsorship partnership, one of several instances of football teams and athletes finding use for cryptocurrencies. On top of this announcement Gibraltar’s financial sector has embraced blockchain technology and is leading the state in its adoption. This mean that they will have fully adopting crypto in next few years and also Gibraltar’s government also plans to introduce a regulatory framework for ICOs (this i didnt check so may be only a rumor).

We see that this is good progress for crypto addopting in sport, foorball for moment, but we can expect to see this used globally in near future, maybe in basketball or automoto sport.

Yes i definitely agree with you, sports can be one of the most useful applications of cryptocurrency in the daily life of people , this wil make it easier for athlés to get paid, and will increase the anonymity of their salary and will keep their life more private .
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:15:51 PM

So far two thing i have found one is sponsorship and another is paying player in crypto.

If nothing else, paying players in crypto could promote transparency (due to the fact that we have a transparent public ledger). Not having enough transparency, especially with these  astronomical figures and bloated contracts is one huge problem in today's football.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: