Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cloud Wallet Hosting  (Read 4397 times)
jfreak53 (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 03:30:27 PM

Nasakioto:

Thank you for the great post.  We strive to keep you, our customers, happy. I'm glad we have been able to Smiley  I love to see happy posts Smiley

Joe:

We actually do but they are not publicized since once they are they go like hotcakes and we can't keep up ha ha, but we do offer unmanaged VPS hosting at discounted prices.

For a price quote just go to our client page:
http://clients.microtronix-tech.com

And open a sales ticket to quote a VPS.  Basically give us the specs you want and we try to match them the best we can with unmanaged services.

Or you can just go to our main site: http://www.microthosting.com

And go to live chat, one of the operators will gladly quote you a custom VPS plan over chat.  And of course all payable with bitcoins Smiley

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 05:47:38 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2011, 06:42:27 AM by Kris

Really nice work jfreak53. Some misleading text however. How much ram do you provide for the server running bitcoind?

Kind regards
Kris
jfreak53 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 12:55:21 PM

Not so much misleading since it hasn't been asked yet and since we really don't measure it that way but more in IO of each client and the amount of traffic it gets.  Each bitcoin server has 4GB of ram, each client takes up from 150 to 200MB depending on how many connections, but we do limit each client using Kernel tools to a max of 300MB to make sure that no one client can take the server down and effect other clients.

We can fit anywhere between 10 to 15 clients per server depending on their usage.  For instance, if on one server we have all personal wallet's we put 13 to 15 clients.  But if on another server they are using the wallet for business transactions and they get heavy traffic we limit that server to only 10 or 8 to make sure no overload.

It's more based on IO since each client uses the wallet DB that causes a lot of IO and block DB which is worse.  Using some information in another thread of the forum here we are actually in the process of re-compiling our client to run with less IO, we are actually thinking of re-compiling using a central blockchain DB so less IO and RAM is used in total.  Don't know yet but we have our programming department going over that area to see if it's really possible and that would allow more clients per server and less resource consumption per client.

So it's not really measured in Ram or anything else like a normal hosting package would be.  We monitor each account for traffic only, that is how we know how busy their client is.  If they have thousands of requests daily to their port then we know they are a high consumption client, it's just hosting, we monitor traffic to an account to see it's use and limit per server depending on that traffic.

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!
jfreak53 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 01:27:35 PM

Our cloud wallet now offers a brand new feature. Firstly we have fully web based administration of your bitcoind daemon program. You no longer have to have any knowledge at all of SSH to use our cloud wallet hosting, as of one month ago we launched an online panel with the following features:

• Start/Stop daemon
  • Refresh daemon
  • Add or remove IPs from the allowed IP list
  • Change username/password of the bitcoind daemon for RPC connections

Screenshot:

We also are running our own version of bitcoind that has removed from it the ability to generate bitcoins, since a few clients were abusing this, and also has SSL pre-programmed into it, so you don't have to worry about any clients on the server at all using non-SSL connections and compromising the server itself. All clients now have to use SSL no matter what, and our filtering software only allows encrypted outgoing/incoming connections.

Our latest addition to the service is a fully web-based RPC client integrated into the webmin control panel where you administer the rest of your account. This RPC client has the following features:

• Transaction list of incoming/outgoing transactions
  • Send bitcoins screen for sending to anyone
  • Your address list
  • Generate new address button

Basic features yes, but the most basic that most users will need to get started with their online wallet, from it you can do most tasks that you would need to do.

Screenshots:

It is also the most secure RPC client since not only does it use HTTPS for connections it connects on localhost, so no transmission is outside of the server to your client. Also it is all automated, it automatically gets your port, user and password from your users bitcoin.conf file, so no having to enter information or worrying about getting it from somewhere un-secure.

So now you can signup for our service then administer and use your wallet all from the web without extra knowledge of how to use SSH or the conf file.

Our next upgrade will include upgrading from 0.3.24 to 0.4 of bitcoin for encrypted wallet's all the time, of course this is taking some time since we are extensively testing the new bitcoin version to make sure there are no major bugs that will mess up wallet's.

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 03:48:02 AM

Hey Jfreak53 it looks like you offer a great service. But it's not quite what I'm looking for (I don't want to lose any control of my wallet nor do I want to maintain a block chain). Most likely what I'm looking for doesn't yet exist, but I bet you've looked into the options more than most of us. May I ask a few slightly off topic questions?

Aside from your own secure account isolation, is there a technical reason the block chain can not be shared among all clients? ...and why can't the wallet.dat exist on my own machine?

Are you keeping tabs on the progress of the (node.js) bitcoinjs project? Are their other clients you are considering supporting?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 01:36:30 PM

Are you tired of these so called online wallets that you just keep loosing your money in?

The solution is simple: if it's "loose", glue it.

http://www.dict.org/bin/Dict?Form=Dict2&Database=*&Query=loose

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
jfreak53 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 01:38:53 PM

Sure not a problem.  What you are looking for is a centralized blockchain database hosted on some server.  Though this is technically possible yes, it requires a modified version of bitcoind.

Basically you would download the modified version and run it, it creates a new wallet on your local PC and runs off of the DB hosted on X server.  Yes this is possible, but not with our current service.

After your mentioning it, I might look into it, it would require running a berkley DB instance and modifying the bitcoind daemon to run off of a remote blockchain. But this is something we were going to look into anyways after our 0.4 upgrade to be able to lower the memory consumption of each bitcoind daemon.

I would be interested in investing into a new service for this yes, IF some more members of the forums showed interest in this.

Right now you cannot host the wallet.dat on your own machine with our current service since each bitcoind instance runs on the server and runs off of the users local files.

Right now our service is geared towards anyone starting in bitcoins that doesn't want to try running their own client or someone who is running a business and website and wants to run it through RPC but doesn't want to fork out the cash for an entire server.  Our service is perfect for that person since you can send RPC commands to your port from your web page and accept payments that way.  Also if you want your wallet to be available when your out through and RPC client on your phone, then our service is also great since you don't have to leave your PC running to have access all the time to your wallet.

But if some other members show interest in what your asking I would be more than happy to setup a new server for this purpose.  It of course wouldn't be immediate, it would be after our 0.4 upgrade since that is more pressing for current clients for security sake.

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:09:09 PM

Thanks. I think my complaint is with the monolithic architecture of Satoshi's C++ client. A little Unix philosophy would have done bitcoin well. I'm very curious about what you can come up with. To lay my cards out on the table, I'm curious about decoupling tiers in order to save money and separate concerns. I'd happily pay a bitcoind operator without much thought or fear if I knew my wallet was hosted locally.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
jfreak53 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 04:01:38 PM

Microtronix is offering a 2 week promo for Bitcoin Wallet purchases, 50% off!!  From now until the 28th of Oct.!!

This is for new sign-ups only and takes 50% off for your first month of service, use promo code:

btcwal2011

While purchasing.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: